PDA

View Full Version : Warning if you film your on-road riding!

Davey
11-11-10, 05:56 PM
Just a heads-up guys... 2 lads on the another forum have now had their house raided by a number of officers from Cheshire Police, had their bikes, riding gear, PCs, cameras, storage devices, and photos etc seized and are now potentially in deep sh*t.

The first was raided after he posted video of his riding on public roads on youtube. The second because his plate was visible on video found on the first lads PC. May be more to come.

Similar happened a couple of weeks ago in North Yorkshire where, following a fatal accident, 5 bikers were arrested because they'd been riding in the same group and are now all facing Death by Dangerous Driving charges (computers, cameras etc all seized there too)

If you have video posted online, I suggest you remove it. If you ride with anybody that films the rideout... ask them not to or stay behind them. If you film your own rides... I'd rethink doing so. Don't film their evidence for them.

This isn't a descussion regarding the police and their actions just to protect you and others you ride with. Personally if you're posting videos with illegal actions you deserve it for stupidity and giving them a easy nab!

Bornagain
13-11-10, 07:47 AM
Cheers for the heads up Stu

How's it going down there in the promised land?....And why haven't we seen you up here for a Wednesday or a Friday sesh??!! ;)

Hope ya well buddy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
13-11-10, 06:49 PM
All is going well enjoying life - have been on a bike in a while as I managed to put my shoulder out again after coming to Swindon the other week. But promise when I get the new toy I'll be down :)

Jon_W
15-11-10, 12:23 PM
Cheers Stu. Will pass that on as it could apply to cars as well...

Don't see that videoing a ride is illegal on it's own (providing they were in total control of the bike) far less being in a video?

Scotty
15-11-10, 01:47 PM
Don't see that videoing a ride is illegal on it's own (providing they were in total control of the bike) far less being in a video?
I think you're missing the point there Jon - filming a ride isn't illegal, but if the film contains footage of something stupid and/or illegal it's simply asking for trouble to post it in the public domain. What Stu's saying is to not do the old bill's job for them and simply hand them all the prosecution evidence they need in a nice little digital package. If doing something a bit naughty, don't leave yourself wide open to getting tugged for it... ::)

Jon_W
15-11-10, 03:25 PM
Strike me that that's common sense.... If you're gonna be naughty, don't leave evidence where it can be found....

Is a bit like some people (thankfully not on this forum) bragging on forums about how fast they went here and there... People don't seem to realise that Forums are the same as openly broadcasting your crimes to the populus...

I think the morale is to use your noodle!!!

redken1
16-11-10, 07:25 PM
Strike me that that's common sense.... If you're gonna be naughty, don't leave evidence where it can be found....

Is a bit like some people (thankfully not on this forum) bragging on forums about how fast they went here and there... People don't seem to realise that Forums are the same as openly broadcasting your crimes to the populus...

I think the morale is to use your noodle!!!

A chap from Doncaster who was angered by an airport closure due to snow was convicted for posting the following on a forum:
'C***! Robin Hood Airport is closed. You've got a week and a bit to get your s*** together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!!'