PDA

View Full Version : To the t%%t BMW driver last Sunday ( A420)

festus
25-11-10, 08:31 PM
On the way home from my girls house,nearly home in my beloved Swindon.
When this ...how can I discribe someone who deliberately moves his BMW into my lane to slow me down..but in the process making me full lock up..yes little skidding was invloved.
But the ironic thing is I STILL passed him so WTF.
One back tyre shot front nearly shot..Just glad I had new pads fitted and well bedded in,and the experience not to panic and slam into something hard and nasty.
Had me lights on ( daylight) he could see me coming/hear me to I expect.
He just yanked on his sterring wheel and braked in my exit path.
I just hope i come across this t&&t again but with me behind him next time...Im not finished with you yet by a long chalk me old beemer freind............. ;)

Sean.C
25-11-10, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a real twat . Take his wing mirror off next time , that'll teach him.

festus
25-11-10, 08:44 PM
Do more than that......if there is to be a next time..its gloves off [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

Squashed_Fly
25-11-10, 09:00 PM
Don't you know that BMW drivers own the road? Or do they just act like they do? Had a similar experience with an M3 not too long ago

Jon_W
26-11-10, 09:31 AM
BMW's haven't bothered me recently... it seems that Audi drivers are taking up the mantle of bad driving at the mo.

Squashed_Fly
26-11-10, 09:42 AM
Anyone in a german car it seems... Perhaps the spirit of past times lives on their engines! lol

Hazel-nut
26-11-10, 12:27 PM
BMW's haven't bothered me recently... it seems that Audi drivers are taking up the mantle of bad driving at the mo.

im think Dabz might think otherise seeing as he drive an audi :P

ZZR600Dude
26-11-10, 12:57 PM
Doest sound like there was much you could have done in this case.
I am certainly no expert given my recent experiences, but best to avoid white van man and boy racer types particullary where your both going for the gap or where a dual carriage way goes to single carriage way, you can alway get roung them later. No point in being in the right but with a smashed up bike or worse.

Glad no one got hurt

Jon_W
26-11-10, 01:01 PM

im think Dabz might think otherise seeing as he drive an audi :P

I know BMW drivers as well.... dosen't mean all are tw*ts... Just seems that the tw*ts who drove BMW's now seem to drive Audi's....

Mark_Able
26-11-10, 09:45 PM
ALL car drivers should be treated as twats. If they turn out to be ok, it's a bonus... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
26-11-10, 09:48 PM
ALL car drivers should be treated as twats. If they turn out to be ok, it's a bonus... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Agreed. It's a game but if you get tagged..... :P

BB

redken1
26-11-10, 09:51 PM
Hey I'm a car driver too - please don't treat me like a twat ;D

BB
26-11-10, 09:54 PM
I drive a car, a van, modern & classic bikes and I also cycle so I go up & down the pecking order on the roads accordingly! ;D

BB

redken1
26-11-10, 09:57 PM
I do believe that riding a bike for many years does make you a better car driver - well I hope so anyway.

BB
26-11-10, 09:59 PM
Aint that the truth! 8-)

BB

Flying Half-Dutchman
27-11-10, 10:43 AM
Erm, I've got a beamer as well as my bikes, I try my best not to be a twat in it :-[ . As a biker I'm always aware & courteous any bikes behind me trying to get by. We're not all he same!!! ::) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. But I think I remember that somewhere in the owner's handbook it does say that I own the road. Just before the instructions on how to fit a gun turret!

Hunar
27-11-10, 04:45 PM
Road rage? I LOVE IT!

I like nothing more that removing wing mirrors and putting nice dents in body panels, if I could get away with it, I would have my baseball bat mounted on my bike for easy access and windscreen removal.

There have been a number of victims around Swindon, especially arseholes on mobile phones, every single one of those I see driving with their hand to their ear gets a little gift. Almost all the 'moments' or near misses I have had involved some arse or arsette on their phone, so I never pull my punches.

People who swerve to block me when I am filtering, lose a wing mirror everytime they do it.

redken1
28-11-10, 01:07 AM
Hunar, I hope you are jesting

wiltshire builders
28-11-10, 04:12 AM
Hunar, I hope you are jesting
Unfortunatly not.

Hunar
28-11-10, 04:21 AM
I jest about many things, but no, I will and have removed wing mirrors and dented body panels on cars who owners have tried to kill me. I would prefer it if I didn't have too, but while people continue to cut me up, pull out on me or otherwise try and take me off my bike, I will stand up for myself and I will not be intimidated, if they don't want their car damaged, they should open their eyes.

Besides a missing wing mirror is better than a third of a ton of bike and angry biker coming through ur window, I could be wrong though.

redken1
28-11-10, 10:34 PM
I jest about many things, but no, I will and have removed wing mirrors and dented body panels on cars who owners have tried to kill me. I would prefer it if I didn't have too, but while people continue to cut me up, pull out on me or otherwise try and take me off my bike, I will stand up for myself and I will not be intimidated, if they don't want their car damaged, they should open their eyes.

Besides a missing wing mirror is better than a third of a ton of bike and angry biker coming through ur window, I could be wrong though.

Do know what you mean. I get really p****d off when car drivers see me coming up behind them in their wing mirrors and pull over to the right to block my path. Notice that happening alot more at traffic lights. >:(

festus
02-12-10, 11:04 AM
You can usualy tell who are bikers or who use there mirrors they tend to move over a nudge to let you through,because its pointless trying to block you,you will get passed them anyway ;)silly t%%ts

Jon_W
02-12-10, 01:55 PM

That should be in every motorcycle instruction manual!!! spot on!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
02-12-10, 01:59 PM
Has a classic this morning... Following a BMW, wondering why it was driving a bit erratically.... noticed the snow on the rear screen hadn'd been removed, or the snow fron the mirrirs.... got to BoA, pulled along side him, and realised he hadn't bothered to clean any of the snow off of the car, bar a little misted up slit in the front screen through which he was peering....

Do you laugh or cry??? :-?

igbell
02-12-10, 03:00 PM
to be honest Jon I would shoot them....

Jon_W
02-12-10, 04:04 PM
Would be nice, but the paperwork is horrendous....

igbell
02-12-10, 04:09 PM
Paper work what paper work?? you are on a bike as soon as you have done the deed ride off before anybody can see it was you....