PDA

View Full Version : Wot  tyres

festus
06-12-10, 06:51 PM
Im due to change my set very soon,at the moment im on Metzlers front/rear.
But find the rear to soft and the tread dosent grip to well in the wet round corners.
After something more hardwaring and better water dispensing tread.
Any ideas?....Im not to much up on whats good even after all these years of riding :D.
Its to go on my Trump Tri 900.
Also while your looking anyone know any cast alloy wheel repairers.
My rear top rim is damaged slightly..but still holds a seal.
I would show pics but still havent worked out how to upload them :D
Blooming technology pmpl...........

BladeTriple
06-12-10, 08:01 PM
You could give the Bridgestone BT016's a go , they're triple compound motogp technology or the dual compounds that Bridgestone do their sports touring rubber if you want a few more miles for your ££££

The BT016 is a harder centre strip, softer edge then super sticky close to the rims on the rear and a dual compound front, might be well worth a look :) I had them on my old GSXR1000 and they were bloody brilliant

BladeTriple
06-12-10, 08:01 PM
Kaz recommends Michelin Pilot 2's she's had them on her past Blade and will be fitting them on her current when the rubber wears out , so theres 3 ideas for you :)

Snowy
06-12-10, 08:13 PM
Guaranteed to get lots of opinions here. My experience with Dunlop Roadsmarts has been excellent for grip wet or dry. I get about 5K on a rear, almost twice from a front and they work well in cold weather. They are dual compound so harder in the middle. The only negative I have had with dual compound is when they get worn you can get a ridge where hard meets soft which can make them seem a bit skittish (technical term) on overbanding.