PDA

View Full Version : the best bike you have ever owned

dell_boy
03-12-10, 10:34 PM
mine was this,..an 08 FZ1,..had it made exactly how i wanted it,..awesome bike,..heres a pic after a mad blast across germany,..at suicidal speeds lol

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/dellboy_photos/germanypt1027.jpg

what was yours??

Chrismark
03-12-10, 10:41 PM
Das Auto bahn.....Sehr gut!!!!!!!

Davey
03-12-10, 11:23 PM
That'll be my old R7 wish I never sold it :(

Toph
03-12-10, 11:30 PM
mine was this,..an 08 FZ1,..had it made exactly how i wanted it,..awesome bike,..heres a pic after a mad blast across germany,..at suicidal speeds lol

what was yours??
what happened to the fz1 dell? :-?

wiltshire builders
04-12-10, 12:28 AM
WHAT? I consider myself lucky that i saw one once!

BladeTriple
04-12-10, 10:33 AM
Loved all my bikes... best all rounder my first CBR600 FY, Favourite big bike ... my Banana coloured Fireblade 929, All out power my GSXR1000 and for turning heads and just enjoying the ride my current Speed Triple

My CBR6 will always be my fondest memories tho blasting all around europe on it and the 5 and a half hours from Krefeld to Blandford on spring evening will always stay with me , 5 countries in 5 hours including a tunnel crossing 8-) beat that !

Davey
04-12-10, 10:33 AM
WHAT? I consider myself lucky that i saw one once!

I owned quite a few exotic bikes back then inc a RSV Mille SP, 916 foggy rep and a R1 with NOS then I got all sensible and bought houses and women got involved and sold up :(

The only problem I had with the R7 was when I turned up at meets people thought it was a R1 dressed up - even though it was obviously a R7 :( I even had to take the log book to shut one knob head up as wouldn't have it

Scotty
04-12-10, 10:52 AM
My old race bike; a ZXR750K that I assembled from a pile of parts bought from Phase One - full Kawasaki race-kitted engine, Kit carbon airbox and kitted flatslide carbs, QD Dymags, Öhlins, Carbon bodywork - confidence inspiring to ride, bloody fast, great and predictable handling, and I even won some trophies on it too [smiley=thumbsup.gif] The photo's at Mansfield corner, Cadwell Park, September 2003 8-)

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/Barking_Toad/Bike_Stuff_2010/profile3smaller.jpg

dell_boy
04-12-10, 12:19 PM

what was yours??
what happened to the fz1 dell? :-?

i sold it when chris(my lad) passed his bike test,..and bought 2 second hand bikes so he could have a bike.

a promise i made to him when he was about 9....DUH!! :)

YMFB
04-12-10, 05:34 PM
with the exception of a Honda VT250, I have not regretted owning any bike and Ive had a few !

The best performing bike is the K1300S and the best off roader the KTM400EXC, both of which I still have.

Would definitely have another Ducati as I loved the vee twin

Beamer
04-12-10, 06:03 PM
Well as I have only ever owned one bike (since April 2010) its gotta be the one I have now hehe. My Pez...... best bike Ive ever owned hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

silly_simon
04-12-10, 07:12 PM
Ive had a few ;) But my latest one The FZS 1000 Fazer has to be the best so far [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Quickly followed by the 2 x 600 versions Ive had previously :) :)

hotdog
04-12-10, 07:57 PM
Mines my current K1300S... best by a mile. Fast, powerful, quick, great handling with and without luggage and comfortable... what more could you want? :)

Davey
04-12-10, 08:25 PM
Mines my current K1300S... best by a mile. Fast, powerful, quick, great handling with and without luggage and comfortable... what more could you want? :)

to go off roading :P

speedlink
04-12-10, 09:14 PM
dont laugh , but the best bike ive ever owned,and regret getting rid of was an xj 900 divvy

Flying Half-Dutchman
05-12-10, 03:56 PM
Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(

redken1
05-12-10, 08:01 PM
I know you are all going to p**s yourselves laughing, but the best bike I ever owned was my honda C70 step-thru back in the early eighties. Obviously it was not the fastest, best handling bike in the world, but what a bullet proof engine. I had it for about 4 years, in which time I only cleaned the plug twice and never changed the oil. I used to fly round the country lanes in Lincolnshire and thrash the boll***s out of it - the leg shields were no more and despite my best efforts It refused to blow-up. Once I got in the slip-stream of a lorry going down a steep hill and I reckon I was doing near 70mph - You know that noise when the engine is screaming because you are travelling faster then the engine will allow. I'm grinning just thinking about the fun I had on Honda's venerable little gem. ;D

bobf279
05-12-10, 09:31 PM
Best for me has been a CB500S, bullet proof and still fun

Mark_Able
05-12-10, 09:32 PM

I was lucky enough to get offered a go on one, by a guy I had only just met outside Phoenix Motorcycles... :o
Running through town I wondered what all the fuss was about. Uncomfortable, ran like a bag of crap, long 1st gear...

Then I hit some open road. All I can say is, it's not often a bike gives me blurred vision... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
05-12-10, 09:53 PM
Best all round bike, 1998 CBR600. Owned it from new, did everything on it, i.e. training, touring fully loaded with the Mrs and luggage, riding like a tw*t with my mates, wheelies, stoppies, 58000 miles in three and a half years, and it never missed a beat... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Best bike for going fast, 1999 R1. Scared the crap out of people when it first came out. Loved the way it would lift the front wheel anywhere, at any speed. Did loads of stuff on it, including a couple of track days, then a season of racing... [smiley=happy.gif]

Both bikes were run in exactly by the book. Both were serviced on time everytime. Both were dyno'd and proved to have a fair bit more HP than quoted by the factory. Happy days... :)

wiltshire builders
05-12-10, 11:31 PM
Got to be my old RD350LC, more grins per mile than any other bike I've ever owned ;D. But it was also the least reliable :'(
My friend has just bought a new K5 gsxr 1000 from Padgets and said they've got a new 350LC for sale in their warehouse. Might be worth a trip to yorkshire to re-live your youth.

Jon_W
06-12-10, 08:07 AM
Has to be the Sv650. My first "big" bike after being on a restricted lisence. Bought is new from Riossi in Wells. Was the Riossi Portsmouth shop window bike and is dressed up in the Telefonica colours similar to the GSXR600. Had it tuned up by JHS in Keynsham and it gives be a grin every time I ride it. Have ridden lots of other bikes since, but still never found anything that makes me want to sell the Sv.

The bike I most regret selling is my first bike. A 1980 Superdream. Was the best 'dream I've ever ridden and took me everywhere... was in first class condition.... wish i still had it to enjoy.....

Flying Half-Dutchman
06-12-10, 09:27 PM
My friend has just bought a new K5 gsxr 1000 from Padgets and said they've got a new 350LC for sale in their warehouse. Might be worth a trip to yorkshire to re-live your youth.

Crikey, that's tempting, But I dunno, they say that you can't relive the past. It might ruin all my fond memories. But I have been recently been looking at little 250 pocket rockets, maybe an RGV250 sometime

wiltshire builders
06-12-10, 09:32 PM

Crikey, that's tempting, But I dunno, they say that you can't relive the past. It might ruin all my fond memories. But I have been recently been looking at little 250 pocket rockets, maybe an RGV250 sometime
They've one of them too. Also a couple of zzr 1100s and FZR 1000s all BRAND NEW!

Nooj
08-12-10, 12:38 AM
Only owned four bikes so far, the lastest being the best. It's not stock by a long way, but with some carefully selected mods it now has the comfort and touring ability of a VFR and the handling and power of a 916 (not that it was particularly impractical or slow to begin with).

It's plenty fast, sounds fantastic (to my ears), is no more expensive to maintain than a cheap jap bike but with infinitely more character and even more reliability (it's behaved better than my previous two Fazers), will fit anything from a bottle of wine or a packed lunch for two to pair of jeans and my All Stars or even a stack of DVD's under the rear seat. And if that's not enough it has all the pose value that comes with a rare Italian v-twin sportsbike.

It's an Aprilia Falco.

Flying Half-Dutchman
10-12-10, 05:24 PM

They've one of them too. Also a couple of zzr 1100s and FZR 1000s all BRAND NEW!

Like, wow! New? Where have they been hiding them for all these years? Were they lost in the back of a warehouse somewhere?

wiltshire builders
11-12-10, 01:51 PM
Like, wow! New? Where have they been hiding them for all these years? Were they lost in the back of a warehouse somewhere?

Yeah, old man Padget buys a load new then keeps a few back. When he feels the time is right he puts them in the showroom.