PDA

View Full Version : Poole meeting place - Salisbury - CLOSED!

jonnydangerous
07-12-10, 03:11 PM
The regular meeting place for people going to Poole (in the summer) from Salisbury, the Petrol Station on downton road, is due for closure.

the garage is shutting (going bust i think) so we will have to meet somewhere else?

how about the town centre by the statue????.....

see you there in April!

R6_Don
07-12-10, 07:53 PM
Ok what time, how is the weather looking? ;D

Sean.C
07-12-10, 09:47 PM
Statue ? ok see you in april

Ryan
07-12-10, 10:48 PM
talk about about early planning.. come to think of it its only a mere 4 months away... oh how time flys, where u hear this rumor anyway i went past there other day and it was still there >:(

Jacde
07-12-10, 10:55 PM
Ages since I've been to Salisbury, so what statue :), exactly!
Been to Poole as a pillion only, looking forward to going on my own bike at last 8-) (thats if you boys don't mind a slow coach ::) )

Ryan
07-12-10, 10:56 PM
Been to Poole as a pillion only, looking forward to going on my own bike at last 8-) (thats if you boys don't mind a slow coach ::) )

No problem we have to wait for Jaydee most of the time so no problem at all :)

Jacde
07-12-10, 11:20 PM

No problem we have to wait for Jaydee most of the time so no problem at all :)

;D
Aww, thanks chuck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
08-12-10, 12:57 AM
Can't picture a statue in the middle of Salisbury (not been there for years) is it in the market place?

YMFB
08-12-10, 10:25 PM
there is a statue of Henry Fawcett in Salisbury Market Place. We usually go to Blandford and then turn left at Tescos roundabout, which means we dont drive by the Shell on Downton Road.

Flying Half-Dutchman
09-12-10, 11:22 PM
Could always start filling up there. Might not go bust then???

YMFB
13-12-10, 10:09 PM
True but its the wrong way so I usually fill up at Tinkerbell in Barford St Martin

jonnydangerous
16-12-10, 09:05 AM
CANCELLED! The "Shell" is now a BP!...

its still a garage, so we will continue to meet there :-)

see you there :-)

Scotty
16-12-10, 09:52 PM
And if it's now a BP garage it'll cost you 3 or 4p/litre more than it would have done when it was a Shell station - one reason why I only use BP as a last resort instead of having to push the bike. Seeing as the US Government are suing BP for billions for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill they're likely to try and get some of it back from the paying punters too... >:(