PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 125cc

Angel
29-12-10, 07:34 PM
Hi Guys has anyone out there in WB land ever had or knows anyone who has ever had one of these
http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/XF125L-4B.html

If so what was the verdict, or can you offer a verdict :)

tracey_c
29-12-10, 07:59 PM
hi wolfhunter, my son had a chinese 125 not the xf125 but a skyjet. it was a copy of the honda repsol racing 125 & in my opinion you get what you pay for,we had endless problems such as brittle plastics, very soft metal, poor electrics, bulbs blew every couple of days i could go on & on.we ended paying alot of money out on replacement parts so not such a bargain as we thought. :'(

njl
29-12-10, 08:16 PM
I've got an 09 shineray sitting in the garage which
I came about by recreationally ebaying without doing the research. It needs some work before it's roadworthy as was stolen recovered but has rusted a lot on exhaust and bits of frame already. Too early to say if I'll end up hating it or tolerating it but don't expect anything close to Japanese build quality

Mark_Able
29-12-10, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys has anyone out there in WB land ever had or knows anyone who has ever had one of these
http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/XF125L-4B.html

If so what was the verdict, or can you offer a verdict :)

Get the barge pole out, and still don't try to touch it... :)

Angel
29-12-10, 08:32 PM
cool cheers guys

Ok next question I used to own a 125 shadow due to the low centre of gravity (OK i have small legs) :D

can anyone recommend another low rider of the 125cc range :)

silly_simon
29-12-10, 08:53 PM
What about the Yamaha Dragstar ? As it is a bigger framed V-Twin 125 may be a better option [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Think its this one XVS125 Dragstar
http://cruisermotorcycles.co.uk/wp-content/bikes/yamaha/yamaha_XVS125_large.jpg

Angel
29-12-10, 09:02 PM
yep
I have the bigger brother :)

Beamer
29-12-10, 09:41 PM
I tried a Hyosung cruiser wolfie......it was blinking nice and good for little legs but i didnt want a cruiser....some shop in Salisbury had 1......I never rode it as I hadnt passed my CBT then but it looked a nice bike if that helps at all?? ;D ;D

Loops
29-12-10, 10:20 PM
A friend of mine was another who got one of the cheap Chinese imports and he had endless trouble with it! It's just not worth it, pay more and get one of the makes you know!

Toph
29-12-10, 10:49 PM
My boss's son bought a 2 year old Chinese import. It nearly killed him. the bracket holding the rear monoshock to the swinging arm sheared off when he was doing 60mph.the suspension collapsed, dropping the rear mudguard onto the rear wheel ,locking it . luckily he was travelling in a straight line, just leaving a huge skidmark on the road,had he been cornering, with oncoming traffic, the outcome would have been fatal.
the bike was a Kinroad Zamurai, a XT 125 copy, the build quality was appalling, as you all know I am a welder and the standard of welding on the frame was the worst I've ever seen, no wonder the bracket sheared off.
It beggars belief that in the EU today, with the stringent health and safety rules, these Chinese Imports are allowed to be sold. they are absolute death traps, never buy one, I know they are inexpensive, but you get what you pay for, total and absolute crap.
I quote an old saying that applies.....The bitter taste of poor quality will remain long after the sweet taste of economy has been forgotten.

End of rant!!!! ;D

Toph
30-12-10, 12:10 AM
I tried a Hyosung cruiser wolfie......it was blinking nice and good for little legs but i didnt want a cruiser....some shop in Salisbury had 1......I never rode it as I hadnt passed my CBT then but it looked a nice bike if that helps at all?? ;D ;D
Hyosung are Korean Tina, and I have to say I've seen a few as "stevens" the bike shop in canal road Trowbridge, are dealers.
the build quality is excellent, and they hold their price, which reflects the general opinion of them.
they are not to be confused with the crappy Chinese bikes. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

vtmike
30-12-10, 01:00 AM
I was tempted to try and sell you my stepsons we had it on ebay for £400. But it is still for sale. And to be honest i wouldnt ride it. I got a Honda Vt800 Shadow and Honda VT750 shadow. But the pioneer is crap! It falls apart literally. We had to replace the front mudguard after it snapped when the bolts flew out along the road. And the clocks are dodgy. The sissy bar the bolts keep wantin to fall out. Also it has buckhorn handlebars atleast i think thats what these ones are called, basically they are not straight the grips are angled inwards which i find uncomfortable. It also now got honda front indicators suzuki clutch cable and suzuki speedo drive on the wheel. Oh and it wont start with the electric start and starting it with the kickstart is a little tireing.

OK admitadly my stepson aint the best at bike maintenance but the pioneer got me beat so much i went and got him a brand new Honda cbf 125 a heck of alot less hassle

Overall dont bother save your money

Now i wonder have i convinced you to buy one?
:o :o

Thorkill_The_Tall
30-12-10, 08:25 PM
Chinese motorcycles?
Wot Able Training sed, but try to lengthen the barge pole with another one first.

I once saw a brand new scooter fitted with old fashioned, separate ball bearing type headraces, where two or three of the balls were missing and some bright spark had taken up the slack with the threaded part of a spire clip. (http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=spire+clip&wrapid=tlif1293739937015 1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=seccTev9CsSQswaHxoj8DQ&sa=X&oi=im age_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CDIQsAQwAQ &biw=1004&bih=668)
Probably not done by the factory, more likely by the 'importers', but deadly none the less.

Chineese bike have improved since they first started coming over, but they are still nasty, tacky ****e.

Hyosungs, on the other hand, are last generation Suzukis and pretty well made.
The only thing I've heard bad about them is their tendancy to chase dogs ;)

Jon_W
03-01-11, 04:39 PM
As above,

Buy an old Honda. Will outlast any chinese copy, plus spares are plentyful.

Recommend a CG125 or a CB100.

Loops
04-01-11, 02:46 PM
As above,

But not as old as mine! I'm having issues finding spares as everyone seems to be winding down production, even of the pattern parts! And then hiking up the price of the few bits that are available...

Jon_W
04-01-11, 03:48 PM
As above,

But not as old as mine! I'm having issues finding spares as everyone seems to be winding down production, even of the pattern parts! And then hiking up the price of the few bits that are available...

Go to David Silver. He rarely failed with my superdreams.