PDA

View Full Version : Got out today

silly_simon
08-01-11, 11:27 PM
On the bike :exclamation First time in over a month :o

God it was so good to be back on the bike, on dry roads :) :)

R1chie
09-01-11, 12:33 AM
Lucky you. It'll be March at the earliest before I can get out on 2 wheels again.

silly_simon
09-01-11, 05:46 PM
Lucky you. It'll be March at the earliest before I can get out on 2 wheels again.

Is that through choice mate ? or due to other things ?
Big bummer though having to wait another few months :o

Dabz
09-01-11, 06:00 PM
I managed 100 yards today! It was good while it lasted :p

R1chie
09-01-11, 06:13 PM

Is that through choice mate ? or due to other things ?
Big bummer though having to wait another few months :o

That ain't the half of it. The bike has been tucked away since August cos of work commitments.

I managed 100 yards today! It was good while it lasted :p

Oh yeah? Sounds ominous.

Dabz
09-01-11, 07:41 PM
Got my knee down richie..unfortunately also my shoulder, left side and the side of the bike :p luckily not much damage other than the engine casing which split, and a new crash bung needed! And bruises of course

Squashed_Fly
09-01-11, 07:45 PM
Hope you're ok dude. Best wishes 8-)

tracey_c
09-01-11, 07:48 PM
sorry to hear that,as long as you are ok.

Scaredy_Cat
09-01-11, 08:05 PM
Glad you're relatively okay Dabz, and that the damage to your bike isn't as bad as it could've been.

I think the ice caught quite a few of us unawares this morning. Almost went for a spin in the Hilux - literally! :o

R1chie
09-01-11, 08:08 PM
Got my knee down richie

Oh...excellent!!

unfortunately also my shoulder, left side and the side of the bike :p luckily not much damage other than the engine casing which split, and a new crash bung needed! And bruises of course

Ah...bollocks!!

Jon_W
10-01-11, 08:11 AM
Glad your ok Dabz, not too many bruises, bikes can be fixed via ebay and similar, legs are more difficult to replace.....

Was effing slippery, had a few little slides that morning, way three cars inplanted in the ditch, hedge and lampost....

Gerry
10-01-11, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear that Dabz, as has been said, the bike can be fixed !
I went for a late blat down to Poole last night and it was really slippy, froze on the way back too, even with my new sexy silk under-gloves :-/

G :)

redken1
10-01-11, 10:17 PM
Glad you are ok Dabz - that is the main thing.