PDA

View Full Version : Hein Gericke

wiltshire builders
04-01-11, 04:41 PM
I popped over to Bristol to buy a kreiga rucksack on Sunday and the conversation went something like this:

Shop Assistant:.............. Doesn't even look up as I stand at the counter

Me: "Excuse me do you have any R25s?"

SA: "Nope" Still reading his magazine

Me: "Do you know when you'll be getting any more?"

SA: "Dunno mate...." At this point he finally makes eye contact and can see that I'm not happy about the level of customer service i'm recieving. "Uh...should get some in next week. We've been struggling to get deliveries due to the weather"

I then went to fowlers and was treated like a long lost son by 2 members of staff. Who'd have thought it. I guess Fowlers have started listening while HG are resting on their laurels.

Mitch9128
04-01-11, 04:53 PM
The one in Farnborough has this girl that works there...only reason i go in, on my way to Motorcycle ****ty. Having said that, most of my gear is HG...DOH!

Uber Dave
04-01-11, 05:22 PM
HG in York on the flip side were awesome when I was home for Christmas.

Squashed_Fly
04-01-11, 07:02 PM
The Cheltenham HG is amazing service, as is the harley dealership...

silly_simon
04-01-11, 07:10 PM
Can you not buy it from there online store mate ? That way you don't need to go into the store at all ;)

Sean.C
04-01-11, 08:11 PM
The Cheltenham HG is amazing service, as is the harley dealership...

Totally agree about Cheltenham HG, great service and very friendly .

BladeTriple
04-01-11, 08:14 PM
HG in Bristol have always been great when we visited, always very helpful and attentive ... Guess you must need a bigger pair of boobs ;)

Snowy
04-01-11, 08:22 PM
I have always had great service from HG Reading, Farnborough and Bristol so maybe you were unlucky. There's a new store opened in Oxford that I must get out to see plus I can have a look at the new 6 cylinder K bike at North Oxford BMW which is close by. :)

Scotty
04-01-11, 08:22 PM
Maybe the assistant in question was trained in GW's Honda shop - my presence has never even been acknowledged whenever I've gone in there, and I've never worn my invisibility cloak either! ::)

There are increasing numbers of unemployed people nowadays, and people with that kind of attitude should join them and make way for someone who actually believes in doing a decent job... >:(

Numpty_Dumpty
04-01-11, 08:37 PM
I bought a set of HG heated grips for my Diversion a month or so ago from the Bristol store. Was told they were fully fused (they aren't) and the instructions were only in German. The store have been no subsequent help. Needless to say, being a Numpty, the grips haven't been fitted yet as I don't have a clue what to do with them....doh!

wiltshire builders
04-01-11, 11:33 PM
I bought a set of leathers from the same store 10 years ago and they couldn't have been more helpful. They even let me go outside and try them on the bike. 3 years ago I got my alpinestars gloves from them and again had good service.
I know everyone has an off day but when i'm about to spend £90 on a rucksack I expect the person serving me to at least treat me as an equal. (He doesn't know that i'm actually scum)

Now should I go with Simon's idea and buy online or BladeTriple's and get a boob job? ::)

Nooj
05-01-11, 01:05 AM
Boob job, definitely :)

Scotty
05-01-11, 07:57 AM
I bought a set of HG heated grips for my Diversion a month or so ago from the Bristol store. Was told they were fully fused (they aren't) and the instructions were only in German. The store have been no subsequent help. Needless to say, being a Numpty, the grips haven't been fitted yet as I don't have a clue what to do with them....doh!
I'd suggest that it's time to dig out the receipt and take it back, pointing out that it isn't as it was described to you and that the instructions are illegible to anyone not conversant in German, get a refund and take your money elsewhere to buy what you want :)

BB
05-01-11, 11:37 AM
^^^ Agree with Scotty

BB

Caz
05-01-11, 09:23 PM
They were quite helpful when i went into the Bristol shop but then I have got big boobs ;D

Snowy
06-01-11, 08:43 PM
They were quite helpful when i went into the Bristol shop but then I have got big boobs ;D

:o :-[ :D ;D

Flying Half-Dutchman
06-01-11, 09:17 PM
That always helps ;)

Bikermouse
06-01-11, 09:42 PM
Numpty Dumpty, I'm so gonna thump you. Get that there receipt out and get them back to that shop and get yer money back. I'll shop for you, Mrs Bessie Bargain Hunter and get you the right ones. We can't be having you with cold mits :D

Numpty_Dumpty
08-01-11, 10:45 AM
:'( I consider myself told off! :'(

Mitch9128
08-01-11, 11:02 AM
No offence, but heated grips are not rocket science, pretty obvious install.

Numpty_Dumpty
11-01-11, 06:30 PM
Ahem...no offence taken...

wiltshire builders
11-01-11, 07:02 PM
Was going to pop in to Hein Gericke today to show them the new r25 i'd just bought from the Dainese shop on old market. The staff there couldn't do enough to help. Guess where i'll be going to get the us-10 and us-20 I need for the trip to Mugello in the summer. ;)