PDA

View Full Version : what boots?

NiteW4tcher
11-01-11, 09:29 PM
hello guys and gals

im looking for some new boots for this years biking.

my aplinestars smx have seen better days.

what are your opinion on what boots are out there?

Dan

Green Man
11-01-11, 09:35 PM
Sidi Vertigo £149.00 Bargin

www.ghostbikes.com [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
11-01-11, 09:37 PM
Supertech R's FTW

silly_simon
11-01-11, 09:38 PM
Really depends on what the usage will be But I have Sidi Black rains which are *cough* a good few years old and still going strong [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robf
11-01-11, 09:48 PM
i like the RST boots, cost around £70, and they have boots to suit almost anyone

smellygerm
11-01-11, 10:15 PM
i like the RST boots, cost around £70, and they have boots to suit almost anyone
check out gok wan ;D ;D

R1chie
11-01-11, 10:20 PM
haha [smiley=lolk.gif]

Davey
11-01-11, 10:38 PM
I personally wear Sidi as they fit so well and last - tried Alpinstars but just wasn't the quality & fit of Sidi

But like most kit its down to the fitment

Scotty
11-01-11, 10:40 PM
When asking a question such as this, people can only give their opinion, which generally centres around what they currently have (or had in the past), or they can point out what's on offer around the country - if you're really unsure, check out something like RiDE mag's product rating sections, and go somewhere like GW where there is a pretty big selection to choose from and try lots on - what do you want them for - trackdays, sunny summer rides, all-year and all-weather?
Personally I wear Daytonas - not all fancy and power-ranger like, not cheap either, but with pretty unrivalled protection - oh yes, last time I looked, GW had a few pairs of these at reasonable prices - have a look at these too when you're out for a browse :)

BB
12-01-11, 07:40 AM
As Scotty said^^^

Also if wearing in winter worth making sure you have enough room for a pair of thicker socks or Sealskinz waterproof socks! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Jon_W
12-01-11, 07:53 AM
Have just bought a pair of TCX water proof boots from Pheonix, and can recommend them. Vrey comfortable (much better than Sidi) excellent support, and water proof.

Plus they don't squeak like sidi's......

Nelly
12-01-11, 12:27 PM
Have just bought a pair of TCX water proof boots from Pheonix, and can recommend them. Vrey comfortable (much better than Sidi) excellent support, and water proof.

My Sidi's are quiter than a bag of quiet things. Not a peep out of 'em :)

wiltshire builders
12-01-11, 01:16 PM
I've got super-techs. Not as comfortable as my old sidi vertibrae, with less feel, have a overly complex closing system and a few times i've gone to put my foot down and the drawstring has caught on the gear lever leaving my foot a few inches short of the ground. Having said that, my feet do feel better protected in the Alpinestars.
Puma 1000s are pobably the most uncomfortable boots i've ever experienced.

It's only a couple of weeks until the london bike show. You'll be able to pick up a few bargains there. It's a shame it's such a bugger to get to.

Mark_Able
12-01-11, 08:22 PM
I got Gaerne GoreTex boots. Totally waterproof, but expensive... :o

Jacde
12-01-11, 08:56 PM
Yep as Scotty said too!
I have sidi boots (that don't squeak either :) ) they are fantastic at fitting my chunky calfs :-/
I'm also the proud owner (thanks to Star [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ) of a pair of Daytona ladystar boots so if you're lacking in leg length they're fab and there is a mans version but can't remember what they're called!
GW's bargain basement has a few boots but couldn't tell you makes, prices or sizes.

Davey
12-01-11, 10:02 PM

My Sidi's are quiter than a bag of quiet things. Not a peep out of 'em :)

+1 on that

Plus the TCX's squeak after a while - we used to joke as its a distinctive squeek too lol
But as for comfort all depends on the foot shape its surrounding

Also agree with Scotty Doytona boots are also great boots

BladeTriple
12-01-11, 10:54 PM
I've got very old Sidi Vertabrae they must be 11 years old now and still great. Squeaky spine was cured by a good coating of Vaseline when I got them .... No more squeaks !

Gaz
13-01-11, 09:58 PM
Sidi Vertigo £139.99 at www.lidsdirect.co.uk
Got to be a good buy.