PDA

View Full Version : Hizzy down!

BladeTriple
16-01-11, 05:13 PM
Hi guys , we were on our way to the H&C for sunday lunch today when Lisa (Hizzy/Triple) had an off. It was only a low speed off but it still hurt like a bitch.

It was in a traffic calming part of Westbury heading out the back way towards Hawkeridge. Anyway the bike caught some mud and leaves at the side of the road, as it was slowly opened up the bike got all out of shape and threw Lisa into the road.

She got up ok but ended up laying at the side of the road on the grass using her usual colourful language. More concerned about her bike than her injuries we got the bike stood up (me and a couple of residents) and I had a good look at it. Rear brake snapped off, clutch cover scuffed and something else nearby and a front indicator bulb blown. An odd bit of paint chipped where the tank must have bounced off the frame just needing a bit of touch up. Her HG jacket is also a bit scuffed in the shoulder area where that hit the floor and thankfully saved her head and her lid from hitting the floor at all. She doesn't seem to have any shoulder issues which is good, no doubt she will wake up tomorrow unable to move!

Lisa is fine, grumpy , bruised ego and bruised hip where she hit the floor and inside of her knee where the RG bungs hit her knee as she went down. Thankfully most of the impact taken on those but with the weird twist and throw of the bike its taken damage in some places the bungs should've protected.

She did want to continue on to the Harp and Crown however we got the bike washed off , home and repaired what we could instead. Needless to say she won't be running for a few days.

All is ok both of us a bit miffed about her bike too and even more annoyed that the bloody car drivers around that saw it just drove on by like nothing happend. Thank you to those residents who came out to the scene so quickly offering cups of tea, use of their drive to leave Lisa's bike in had she not been so bloody stubborn to ride it home and of course Wiltshire Ambulance for turning up and being so helpful .

Beamer
16-01-11, 05:21 PM
Awww hope both the bike and Hizzy are fixed and out n about real soon..... :-[

silly_simon
16-01-11, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear this :(

If I can help with the bike repairs in any way give me a shout :)

Nelly
16-01-11, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear about this girls.
Seems to be more and more common that drivers find it too difficult to stop and check everyone is ok at the scene of an off. Seems that they consider getting back from the shops in time for Emmerdale much more important than checking that a fellow human being is not bleeding to death at the side of the road.
Makes my blood boil! What the **** is wrong with these pond life!
I hope they sit in front of their cozy TV and cozy fire with their cozy families tonight in their oh so perfect world and get eaten alive by guilt.
Miserable baskets. >:(
(sorry, rant over)

Nico_babe
16-01-11, 05:43 PM
Glad to hear (besides the bruises and a few scratches) that The bike and Hizzy are going to be ok.

Not a very nice feeling looking at the bike damage like that, but at least its all repairable.

:-/

BB
16-01-11, 05:48 PM
Bad luck, but good to hear Hizzy is ok. :-*

BB

Jacde
16-01-11, 05:54 PM
Oh bugger :(
As Nelly said! ^^
Glad you're ok Lisa :) and that bike not too badly damaged

Scaredy_Cat
16-01-11, 06:10 PM
Jeez, really glad you're okay Lisa. Fingers crossed your bike will be okay soon too.

It's nice that the local residents were more considerate than the ignorant drivers. How anyone can just drive on by when someone's obviously in need of some help is beyond me! >:(

Robf
16-01-11, 06:11 PM
Glad your ok

never good to hear about an off.

Beamer
16-01-11, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear about this girls.
Seems to be more and more common that drivers find it too difficult to stop and check everyone is ok at the scene of an off. Seems that they consider getting back from the shops in time for Emmerdale much more important than checking that a fellow human being is not bleeding to death at the side of the road.
Makes my blood boil! What the **** is wrong with these pond life!
I hope they sit in front of their cozy TV and cozy fire with their cozy families tonight in their oh so perfect world and get eaten alive by guilt.
Miserable baskets. >:(
(sorry, rant over)

Funnily enough I was chatting about this sort of thing today with my mum....about how people just seem to be wrapped up in their own worlds and forget whats going on around them... this is why I find the forum so uplifting and restores my faith in human nature.......look at Simons offer of help and I know last week the way people dealt with Dabz off was so heart warming I had tears in my eyes.......what the hell was wrong with stopping just to make sure she was ok, that you had a fone to call for help etc etc...... we on here know we would have stopped had we known you or not.
I know it's soppy but surely it should be human nature to ask if all is ok??.................it costs nothing !!
(sorry to hi-jack your thread ladies xx) :-[ :-[ :-[

Roxy
16-01-11, 06:19 PM
sorry to hear about the drop, hope normal service is resumed asap.

chin up

Roxy :)

Squashed_Fly
16-01-11, 06:23 PM
Wishing a speedy recover for both rider & machine!

redken1
16-01-11, 06:34 PM
Really glad you are ok Lisa. Take it easy for a few days.

smellygerm
16-01-11, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear this guys hope you feel well soon hizzy ,I know this won't put you off for to long and I'll see you both soon ,if you need anything give us a call
Ps dilly sends his love ;)

Sean.C
16-01-11, 06:40 PM
Glad your ok , hope you and your triple will be back on the road soon

flick
16-01-11, 06:42 PM
sorry to hear about the off lisa, thahkfull that the ambulance was not needed.am sure the SE will be back like new soon :(

Mitch9128
16-01-11, 06:59 PM
GWS, bikes can be fixed, glad to hear it wasn't a bad off.

Loops
16-01-11, 07:39 PM
Awww no :( Sorry to hear it - I'm sure she'll have a sore shoulder for a while but at least that was the worst injury!

Rest for a little while, but once it's settled down make sure you keep it moving so all the muscles can heal properly (can you tell my mum is a physio - I never got any sympathy when I was little ;D )

Can't believe people didn't stop, although as there were a group of you I guess they thought they weren't needed...

Gerry
16-01-11, 08:38 PM
Sad to hear this, give Lisa my best x

It was a bit greasy out there (windy too) today :(

Hope the bikes not too bad.
Cheers
G

DaytonaDog
16-01-11, 09:30 PM
Really sorry to hear about the off. Gald to hear the injuries are not too bad and the bike is not too badly damaged. As I normally say at the accidents I attend to the people involved, the bike/car is a piece of metal which can be repaired/replaced and is the reason we pay insurance, whereas on the other hand you cannot be replaced so the main thing and most important thing is that you are ok and here to tell us about it.

Caz
16-01-11, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident Lisa but glad you are ok and the bike is easily fixable. Cant wait for better weather. Hope you are not in too much pain :(

Toph
16-01-11, 09:53 PM
get well soon Lisa, I'm so glad you weren't badly hurt.xxx

Snowy
16-01-11, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear this news. Get well soon Lisa, hope the aches go away as soon as.

Last Train
16-01-11, 10:18 PM
Kin cheers...

GWS

StreetHippo
16-01-11, 10:23 PM
GWS, bikes a "thing" it can get fixed, important bit is that you're OK. Take it easy for a while!!

Stu ;)

Nooj
16-01-11, 10:28 PM
Could have been a lot worse, but it's never fun is it. Get well soon. Car drivers' attitudes to downed bikers really boils my piss, but unfortunately that the price we all have to pay for the road manners of the minority of arseholes on bikes, they're the ones that stick in car drivers' minds and that's the brush we all get tarred with >:(

Jon_W
17-01-11, 08:03 AM
Glad your ok. The bike can be repaired, but the rider is harder to mend.

BladeTriple
17-01-11, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone. Kaz ordered me a nice new R&G clutch cover so I may need a bit of direction on how to change that and currently I'm trying to source a new rear brake lever, these seem to be rarer than rocking horse poo as a stand alone and Fowlers aren't answering.

I'm sat unsure on what completely happend . The moment from my shoulder hitting the floor to me being on the grass is totally black, I don't know how the hell I got up from under the bike .

The more I think about the position the bike got into the more I wonder if the boy racer behind me clipped my wheel as I moved off to push it into such a strange position in the road.

No point crying and wondering what ifs now tho.

Hopefully catch up with everyone soon.

thanks again for all the well wishes

Lisa x

Mitch9128
17-01-11, 10:07 AM
Clutch cover is piece o cake, whack it on the sidestand, swap em out, job jobbed. You may get a little oil drip out, but not much if it's on the sidestand, also you 'may' need a gasket, depends how careful you are getting the old cover off. Performance Triumph Swindon no good for the rear brake?

Hazel-nut
17-01-11, 10:16 AM
sorry to hear you came off but at least it was at slow speed so your injuries will be minimal in comaprison!sounds like you can compare bruises with dabz though coz he landed on his last week!
im sure someone on here will be able to help with any bike problems you have and you will be back on the road in no time! ghost managed to rebuild his triple a little while a go when he went sliding down the road and you cant even tell now!
hope you feel better soon and your bruise doesnt get too big

silly_simon
17-01-11, 02:00 PM
Lisa,
Give me a shout when you get the bits and I'll swap em for ya [smiley=thumbsup.gif] As long as youve got a garage in this weather :P

Nooj
17-01-11, 03:58 PM
Bit late now, but if you need any more R&G bits I'm an authorised dealer/fitter. Will try and beat any prices you find, I can't promise a big saving on parts as I get a piddly trade discount, but will have a go.

Dabz
17-01-11, 04:06 PM
ahh ha that's handy - are you able to buy a single crash bung for the TT600? If not then need a price for both (the fairings ones) please :)

Hunar
17-01-11, 06:04 PM
Glad to hear you are not too badly hurt Lisa, got very worried when I saw the topic!

Nooj
17-01-11, 07:18 PM
Yes Dabz, I can get just one. Will get you a price tomorrow.

Apologies for the hijack!

Snowy
17-01-11, 08:05 PM
For goodness sake Lisa just get better soon will ya!

bubblylittleme
17-01-11, 08:16 PM
So glad your ok...

Davey
18-01-11, 07:49 AM
Bugger - hope you GWS and get the bike fixed asap. This January has been awful for people going for a slide :( Please ride carefully as I hate posting on these threads

BladeTriple
19-01-11, 08:06 AM
£85 FOR A BRAKE LEVER !!!! I could've got a full set of aftermarket rear sets for £160.... original parts are such a con !

Wooosaaaaah cleansing breath ! Anyway that aside , things are better bruised still but back to running albeit a bit slower than usual but just as far, Kaz doesn't believe in feeling sorry for yourself .... She should've been a Sgt Major ! On the up hopefully we can make a bike meet once the bits arrive ;) Thanks again for the well wishes x

Bornagain
19-01-11, 08:47 AM
Your bike will be singing again soon.....and you be hanging out of a backside blowing out of 3 holes over some hill somewhere soon no doubt as well.
Just picked this thread up and glad you're ok
H&C tonight??

Iceman
19-01-11, 01:58 PM
..yeh, glad you're ok! chin up :)

crewy
20-01-11, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear about this, glad you are ok thought, hope you get the bike sorted soon

jonnydangerous
20-01-11, 12:34 PM
glad youre ok there, great that you bounced back and didnt put you off at all.
have a good year biking now.

Poole soon :-)