PDA

View Full Version : Weekend work...

ChrisJo
21-01-11, 11:26 AM
Well after mulling over figures and finances, have decided not to trade up just yet so splashed out on a few extras instead, so this weekend I will be:

Fitting a new Powerbronze flip up screen.
Fitting topbox rack and topbox

Shoudl keep me out of harms way for a while :D

jonnydangerous
21-01-11, 12:56 PM
cool :-)
i thought about a newer bike, (i have a ten year old gsxr thou) and thought, will i like it any better? will i ride any better? will it give me a bigger bike thrill?....
all answers were "nope"!....

might do the same thing as youve done, and buy it a few blingy bits tho.....

happy DIY!

Scotty
21-01-11, 05:27 PM
Russell used to have a lot of nice bits for Gixxer thous mate, K1 - K3, and he's still got one of them around somewhere as a museum bike for the 2003 championship winning year 8-)

Sean.C
21-01-11, 07:28 PM
cool :-)
i thought about a newer bike, (i have a ten year old gsxr thou) and thought, will i like it any better? will i ride any better? will it give me a bigger bike thrill?....
all answers were "nope"!....

might do the same thing as youve done, and buy it a few blingy bits tho.....

happy DIY!

Don't trade it , upgrade it 8-)

ChrisJo
22-01-11, 03:58 PM
Well rack fitted - all ok.

Wouldn't you jus know it.... Wrong screen sent - grrrrrrrrr.

Oh well....

Nooj
22-01-11, 10:56 PM
Don't trade it , upgrade it 8-)

A-men to that! It makes your bike something special and personal then as well. I'm going for power, practicability and presentability mods this year: bigger throttle bodies and a better fueling map, a handlebar conversion and a nicer looking swingarm.

All to make it more like the new bikes I like, rather than trade it in and have a new bike that's only 80% of the things I want it to be and have to start modding again.