PDA

View Full Version : "Olf " leathers!!!

Bornagain
19-01-11, 09:18 AM
My leathers have gone to Nicola at leather aid for tailering...ok, shortening!! You just cant find a pair to fit when you've got the legs i've got. They're losing two inches from groin to knee and 1 inch off the shin, unfortunately this means that my Wolf's will become Olf's as the the W's in for the chop. Thought i'd best come clean about this as there's no point hidding anything from you stealy eye'd lot.
Nicola works from home and is top notch with bike leather alterations
01761 434230

Lets have it then.....!!

Mitch9128
19-01-11, 09:21 AM
Hi Basil
Where is Nicola based?

Bornagain
19-01-11, 09:24 AM
Hi Basil
Where is Nicola based?

Peasdown st John, just t'other side of Radstock

Nooj
19-01-11, 09:54 AM
People that do alterations for leathers seem to be as rare as rocking horse poop! Nice find! Tell her to get a website and start posting on forums about what she does, she'll get loads of work in!

Jacde
19-01-11, 11:23 AM
It's a little known fact that 'Olf' is the Norse god of those who lack height!

Nelly
19-01-11, 12:19 PM
It's a little known fact that 'Olf' is the Norse god of those who lack height!

LOL
I'm getting the urge to shout "olf with his leg!"

Mitch9128
19-01-11, 12:27 PM
People that do alterations for leathers seem to be as rare as rocking horse poop! Nice find! Tell her to get a website and start posting on forums about what she does, she'll get loads of work in!

Stallion leathers in Swindonia are pretty well established, for those that live that way.

jonnydangerous
19-01-11, 12:48 PM
well, i think it takes a "BIG" man to own up to his "SHORTcomings.........

Scotty
19-01-11, 01:37 PM
...And won't it say "Wol" on the other leg? :-?

Another good contact for leather alterations, repairs or made-to-measure is Karen at Zak Leathers in Northampton, her website is here (http://www.zakleathers.co.uk/). Her workmanship (workwomanship?) is first class and I've used her for everything - made to measure for my race suit (check the sample pictures tab on her site), repairs (for the obvious) and alterations to tweak other jacktes and trousers, add zips etc.

Nooj
19-01-11, 01:47 PM
Blimey, they're all coming out of the woodwork! Good to know where I can get stuff done (fairly) locally :)

Mark_Able
20-01-11, 08:48 PM
My leathers have gone to Nicola at leather aid for tailering...ok, shortening!! You just cant find a pair to fit when you've got the legs i've got. They're losing two inches from groin to knee and 1 inch off the shin, unfortunately this means that my Wolf's will become Olf's as the the W's in for the chop. Thought i'd best come clean about this as there's no point hidding anything from you stealy eye'd lot.
Nicola works from home and is top notch with bike leather alterations
01761 434230

Lets have it then.....!!

You'll be an Olf in Eeps clothing then... ;D

I had put Nicky's details in the 'Dealers' section ages ago, under the guise of 'Leatheraid'... ::) ;)
She does a top notch job. She used to repair my race leathers (a lot), along with many others at NG. And I too have to get my leathers altered when new (normally letting the waist out >:().

redken1
20-01-11, 08:55 PM
No jokes from me Basil. My knee protectors on my textile trousers are more like shin pads. Nowt made for a 29" inside leg :'(

Bornagain
21-01-11, 09:13 PM
Tell me about it...I Tried a one peice at Gw's and their staff had to help me climb out of it after!!!
Nicki must be pretty damn good she's seriously busy.

Some good comments there by the way ;D ;D I'm gonna start checking everyone elses leatheres when we're out...See if they're missing some letters as well ;D ;D

smellygerm
21-01-11, 09:59 PM
Don't panic I've just been up in the attic and dug out my evil kenevil wind up stunt racer toy so you can borrow his if you like I don't mind if you take them up to make um fit, or just cut two fingers off an old pair of leather gloves ,I've got a really small pair some where you can have ;D ;D

redken1
22-01-11, 09:12 PM
Don't panic I've just been up in the attic and dug out my evil kenevil wind up stunt racer toy so you can borrow his if you like I don't mind if you take them up to make um fit, or just cut two fingers off an old pair of leather gloves ,I've got a really small pair some where you can have ;D ;D

What will he put in the thumb? Might be a bit tight there - You know what they say about men with short legs? ;D

smellygerm
22-01-11, 10:28 PM

What will he put in the thumb? Might be a bit tight there - You know what they say about men with short legs? ;D

They don't have far to fall? ::)

Bornagain
23-01-11, 07:57 PM

They don't have far to fall? ::)

I'm packing sprouts for the camping trip honey bumkins :o