PDA

View Full Version : Rain has stopped!!!

Squashed_Fly
17-01-11, 12:50 PM
So I can go out for a lunchtime blast!! I haven't ridden it since Saturday and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! ;D

Robf
17-01-11, 01:18 PM
think you spoke too soon

Mitch9128
17-01-11, 01:21 PM
Cracking flags in Chippenham, snow forcast for the end of the week though :(

ChrisJo
17-01-11, 01:38 PM
Cracking flags in Chippenham, snow forcast for the end of the week though :(

You get snow and we get drizzle. I love this country 8-)

Squashed_Fly
17-01-11, 01:53 PM
It's still dry here. Didn't get very far though - down to GWs for some chain lube and then to Asda for some stuffing.

What a thrilling life I lead! 8-)

ChrisJo
17-01-11, 02:03 PM
Hopefully down to GW's later in the week to collect a carrier and topbox, ordered Saturday... :)

Jon_W
17-01-11, 03:05 PM
Was out this morning, was lovely in the rain.

Uber Dave
17-01-11, 03:48 PM
Didn't get very far though - down to GWs for some chain lube

Just reminded me I need some more chain lube!

wiltshire builders
17-01-11, 05:04 PM
It's still dry here. Didn't get very far though - down to GWs for some chain lube and then to Asda for some stuffing.

Lube follwed by stuffing? Whatever you get upto in the privacy of your own home is upto you, but in an Asda?

redken1
17-01-11, 05:54 PM

Lube follwed by stuffing? Whatever you get upto in the privacy of your own home is upto you, but in an Asda?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Squashed_Fly
17-01-11, 06:02 PM

That's right - Aisle number 7, next to the bread. I'll meet you there tomorrow!

Curses4u
17-01-11, 06:06 PM
Defantly spoke too soon, but it's only
Rain now :) went out for a Little spin on Sunday, dam several Saxos and corasa red lining it next to me, Lmfao!!!
And I was just cruising as it was very wet !

Loops
17-01-11, 06:12 PM

Me too - much prefer a bit of light rain to all the snow we had before Christmas.

There were some big puddles to plow through over the works car park though - I felt like a QE2 pushing up a big bow wave ;D

nobby
17-01-11, 08:29 PM
rode bike to work 2day 1st time since op.it was pi**ing down all day but for me it was bliss. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
17-01-11, 11:41 PM
It's raining again. Floating all the lovely salt and crap back up to the surface of the roads to be flung all over you and your bike. Bleagh!

Supposed to brighten up tomorrow though.

BB
18-01-11, 07:40 AM
Mine's not getting dirty - she is still residing with Basil. Unless Basil has given her a bit of exercise of course! :D

BB

Jon_W
18-01-11, 07:57 AM

Me too - much prefer a bit of light rain to all the snow we had before Christmas.

There were some big puddles to plow through over the works car park though - I felt like a QE2 pushing up a big bow wave ;D

;D Puddles are good fun!!!

Nooj
18-01-11, 03:15 PM
No fun when it's cold and everything stays wet, but riding in lashing down summer rain when you can get your kit dry again in under a week is quite good fun in an odd kind of way.

Jon_W
18-01-11, 03:18 PM
Rain is fine as long as the waterproofs don't leak.... mine did last week, and two hours later I was cold, wet and miserable!!

New waterproofs and problem solved!!!

BB
18-01-11, 06:24 PM
I got out this afternoon on my Ajay, rode down to the RUH for my appt, free parking and back by a very scenic route 8-)

BB

Nooj
18-01-11, 07:17 PM
The Missus commutes from Newbury to Central London and back in the week (way more hardcore than I am!!), when it's wet her kit never dries out, even her 'waterproof' fabric stuff stays soaked through in the winter. It's no fun then.

I've been caught out a few times in my leathers in the summer, riding under a thunderstorm, and have got absolutely saturated. Once I know I can't get any wetter I just get on and enjoy the ride, actually laughing at the situation.

The last two times we've been to Europe we've been caught in some torrential downpours, flooding the towns and villages we were riding through at the time. But as it was near the Med, within 20 minutes of riding back in the sun your kit's bone dry again! In those circumstances it's great fun ploughing up roads that look like rivers!

This is Catolica, where we stayed for the '07 San Marino MotoGP, just after we'd ridden into town:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/Out%20and%20About/Europe2007/25Cattolica.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/Out%20and%20About/Europe2007/26Cattolica.jpg

This is the circuit the following day, Friday practice was cancelled due to the track being under water in places:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/Out%20and%20About/Europe2007/27MotoGP.jpg

France '09, I stopped to take a picture of a hillside that had just been struck by lightening and set on fire, a couple of miles up the road and we caught the storm up. Locals were putting sandbags in front of their doors and the road through the village really did look like a river!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/Out%20and%20About/France2009/IMG_0665.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/Out%20and%20About/France2009/IMG_0666.jpg

Loops
18-01-11, 07:52 PM
Rain is fine as long as the waterproofs don't leak.... mine did last week, and two hours later I was cold, wet and miserable!!

My oversuit leaked and left me with a wet patch on my bottom :o I was not impressed....and they're only a few months old!

Jon_W
19-01-11, 07:59 AM

My oversuit leaked and left me with a wet patch on my bottom :o I was not impressed....and they're only a few months old!

Oh, not good! ine leaked between the legs... you can imagine the result!

Jon_W
19-01-11, 08:00 AM
No rain today, just cold!!!.... :(

BB
19-01-11, 12:25 PM
Very cold! took ages to chip the ice off the car!

Nooj
19-01-11, 01:44 PM
And the sun is very bright and very low in the sky, interesting if you're riding into it :o

Squashed_Fly
19-01-11, 02:10 PM
God bless my oakleys! I hate having sun in my eyes...

tracey_c
19-01-11, 06:08 PM
my helmet has a built in sunvisor, its brilliant for the days when it starts off dull they turns in to a bright sunny day and you forgot to take your sunglasses 8-)

Nooj
19-01-11, 11:31 PM
I just close my eyes and ride by braille.

Squashed_Fly
19-01-11, 11:59 PM
Dammit Nooj, we need a 'Like' button for posts! lol

Nooj
20-01-11, 12:02 AM
Ha ha! Facebook addict! I keep looking for 'Like' buttons on forums, then realise I'm not on FB. D'oh! ;D

Jon_W
20-01-11, 11:34 AM
Cold again this morning.... bring back the rain, It was at least warmer!!!!

crewy
20-01-11, 11:40 AM
I dont mind ridding in either the rain or the cold, just hate ridding into a strong head wind, rode back from accrington stanley in the snow once, didn't bother me a bit till i hit the wind around Birmingham, ruined the rest of the ride home lol :D

Nooj
20-01-11, 11:58 AM
It's fog that does it for me, when it gets inside your visor, ugh! Can't see a bloody thing! Pinlocks don't make any difference, it just gets in everywhere.

Loops
21-01-11, 06:19 PM
Cold again this morning.... bring back the rain, It was at least warmer!!!!

Here here!

I'm going to be ordering some bits for the bike over the weekend to try and beat the winter cold!

Jon_W
24-01-11, 09:38 AM
Was a very nice winters weekend.... cold, but not too cold and dry!

BB
24-01-11, 12:52 PM
Was an excellent weekend but a touch cool. Got lots done. :)

BB