PDA

View Full Version : why not??

NiteW4tcher
15-01-11, 09:10 PM
im sat here watching top gear.

and it just clicked there is no..............not that im aware of, a show such as top gear dedicated to bike.

WHY NOT!!!!

i remeber seeing bikes occasionally on 5th gear...and pullling power.

it bugs me >:( :( :D

Mitch9128
15-01-11, 09:37 PM
There's a race between an s1000rr and an Ariel atom coming up in this new Top gear series.
http://www.mceinsurance.com/clubmce/mce-insurance-british-superbike-news/evo-champion-brogan-to-become-the-new-stig.html

Scotty
15-01-11, 09:59 PM
...but of course Clarkson will have rigged it so the car wins - just like he did last time they had a race between an Atom and a 600RR, the "Stig" on the RR stayed out really wide at the end of the first straight so Clarkson could pass him on the inside.... >:( and the wanker was getting all excited about the car hitting 120mph down the back straight... the bike would have probably topped 140 and left the car behind, but as it's the Clarkson Ego Show he won't permit a bike to do better than a car... ::) ::) ::)

NiteW4tcher
15-01-11, 10:14 PM
...but of course Clarkson will have rigged it so the car wins - just like he did last time they had a race between an Atom and a 600RR, the "Stig" on the RR stayed out really wide at the end of the first straight so Clarkson could pass him on the inside.... >:( and the wanker was getting all excited about the car hitting 120mph down the back straight... the bike would have probably topped 140 and left the car behind, but as it's the Clarkson Ego Show he won't permit a bike to do better than a car... ::) ::) ::)

this is what im getting @ there should bea show dedicated to bikes.

bike v bike etc etc

BladeTriple
15-01-11, 10:27 PM
Mcn used to have a program and men and motors whatever it goes by now used to have a few biker programs not quite as test intense as top gear but there are a few

Nooj
16-01-11, 01:44 AM
Men and Motors is Dave now I believe. Quest has American Chopper which is ****, occasionally Emergency Bikers or whatever it's call will be on one of the 'lesser' channels, but yes, it would be nice to have a Top Gear for bikes.

It would work with the three of them, the midget and the hairy oaf are both bikers, curly haired jumper man could do the scooters as it's mostly 'non-biker' blokes like him that ride them round London.

The challenges would be a giggle, stuff like ride across Greenland without using roads on a £500 road bike modded as they see fit for another £500.

NiteW4tcher
16-01-11, 11:13 AM
maybe WB should aproach the BBC ;D

Loops
16-01-11, 03:18 PM
And of course if they needed a few regular bikers to do a 'real world' long term test of some nice new shiny bikes........ ;)

Squashed_Fly
17-01-11, 09:51 AM
Lol, you guys should watch discovery turbo. There are quite a few bike shows on there....

Twist The Throttle is a good one....

Iceman
19-01-11, 05:21 PM
im sat here watching top gear.

and it just clicked there is no..............not that im aware of, a show such as top gear dedicated to bike.

WHY NOT!!!!

>:( :( :D

...well for starters, Jeremy Clarkson absolutely hates bikers! ..and we're in a minority"viewing statistic wise". And you're not the only one peeved by this omision of our passion! :(

Caz
19-01-11, 11:14 PM
BMW S 1000 RR takes on supercar in this Sunday’s episode of Top Gear on BBC2

A BMW S 1000 RR, the double championship-winning supersports bike, features in a high-octane superbike vs supercar race on this week’s episode of the hugely popular BBC Top Gear show. Anyone wanting to know the result will have to tune into the show on BBC2 on Sunday 23 January at 8pm! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
20-01-11, 12:16 AM
I don't expect a level playing field (if Clarkson is allowed to influence the result there certainly won't be one) but hopefully we'll get a pleasant surprise... if they have some ex-F1 driver in the car, why not have the equivalent on the bike. Can you imagine Jeremy McWilliams taking **** from Clarkson? He'd probably punch him, call him a c*nt and walk off - now that would be worth seeing! 8-)

Nooj
20-01-11, 12:22 AM
I believe Captain Slow will be driving it, there may (no pun intended) be hope yet ;D

Squashed_Fly
20-01-11, 10:11 AM
Lol, I was watching biggest baddest bikes on turbo the other day and saw a fireblade thrash a 911GT3 over a quarter mile by 2.5 seconds. That's a lifetime in drag terns!

StreetHippo
23-01-11, 09:26 PM
Another fix! Oh well. Good telly I suppose.
Stu

KP
23-01-11, 09:30 PM
good telly.... i turned it off within 5 mins, overated drivel, and set up stunts, it used to have affordable cars, not anymore .... crap!!

rant over lol :-X :-X :-X :-X

Scaredy_Cat
23-01-11, 09:36 PM
I dunno, JC has just been trying to get a dog to eat a Skoda Yeti! Don't ask me why; I haven't figured it out yet! :D

Nooj
24-01-11, 02:27 AM
Great fun, proper petrolhead larking about nonsense ;D

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 11:43 AM
There was no way any bike was ever going to beat that 4 wheeled machine. I refrain from calling it a car - it was extremely light frame, housing the equivalent of 3 bikes engines (over 500bhp), had 4 wheels so double the ground contact. I could go on. But that's not really a test - how many of us will ever own uprated ariel atoms? Even if you had the money to buy a supercar, it would be more likely to be something you could drive day to day. At best a Pagani Zonda, more likely a ferrari/koernegzeg etc. And none of those would have beaten the BMW... The only show to have shown real car vs bike tests on mainstream tele was 5th Gear, and then the bikes usually kicked ass...

Davey
24-01-11, 12:05 PM
Ste Brogan was chating about the episode and when he signed up it was supposed to be on the race bike - until they turned up and saw the spec and made it a standard road bike to give the car a chance! It would have been interesting to actually see what lap times were done, or 2 runs track and road versions as the track version is still cheaper than the Atom. It did show the standard of thier high speed driving when they got Tiff to run the lap

NiteW4tcher
24-01-11, 11:19 PM
There was no way any bike was ever going to beat that 4 wheeled machine. I refrain from calling it a car - it was extremely light frame, housing the equivalent of 3 bikes engines (over 500bhp), had 4 wheels so double the ground contact. I could go on. But that's not really a test - how many of us will ever own uprated ariel atoms? Even if you had the money to buy a supercar, it would be more likely to be something you could drive day to day. At best a Pagani Zonda, more likely a ferrari/koernegzeg etc. And none of those would have beaten the BMW... The only show to have shown real car vs bike tests on mainstream tele was 5th Gear, and then the bikes usually kicked ass...

well said

Scotty
25-01-11, 12:49 AM
That "car" was pretty impressive, but then again anything with a power:weight ratio of 900bhp/tonne would be - my 2004 ZX-10R's only got about 815 and that doesn't hang around, but it also cost a lot less than £150k. To be fair, Brogie gave it a run for its money and it only got by on the brakes in a couple of places, from one of which there was no place to get back past before the line. ::)

If comparing a bit more "like for like" in terms of production-based vehicles with similar levels of practicality, perhaps they could pit that uprated Atom against Biaggi's WSB-winning Aprilia RSV4, with its power:weight ratio of around 1375bhp/tonne, a bike that other WSB riders likened to a MotoGP bike in the way that it just cleared off down the straights, not even giving a slipstream for other bikes to hang onto... now THAT would be a race... 8-)

redken1
25-01-11, 07:48 PM
I watched Top Gear on BBCi player. In my view it is entertaining as a comedy show, but certainly has no credence as a serious car programme. ::)