PDA

View Full Version : Good garage in Swindon?

Squashed_Fly
18-01-11, 08:20 AM
Ok, not strictly bike chat, but jen needs her ka servicing and its developed a steering problem that needs looking at urgently? Can anyone recommend somewhere decent, reliable, honest and reasonable? Not words usually associated with garages I know! Lol

Thanks

ChrisJo
18-01-11, 09:10 AM
These no question, by the railway station:

Unit 14 Workshop B, Station Industrial, Sheppard Street
Swindon, Wiltshire SN1 5DB

Get Directions
01793 514 200
advanced-cars.co.uk[ch8206]
:)

Squashed_Fly
18-01-11, 09:23 AM
Thanks! Have just called them and they are going to have a look tomorrow for us :)

ChrisJo
18-01-11, 09:27 AM
They are really down the line, no messing or taking the p*ss...

Mitch9128
18-01-11, 09:43 AM
If you possibly have no joy, i use Cridge Autos in Wootton Basset for car and sometimes bike, Paul is an engineer and always goes the extra mile, brilliant mechanic and a sound bloke. Also does bike MOT's if anyone is interested, and as a biker he isn't 'anal'.

jonnydangerous
18-01-11, 12:46 PM
could have done a "servicing course" on this at my place.
if you do it yourself, mind out as the KA has tapered seat spark plugs that become corroded into the head, and are a right bugger to get out...................

if you want to do this yourself, give me a shout, i also have trade discounts at certain places.....

im also an ex ford mech.

:-)

Squashed_Fly
18-01-11, 12:57 PM
Jaydee, if you fancy doing this and having a look, happy to pay you going rate. Could be a good little cash job...

jonnydangerous
18-01-11, 01:49 PM
pm me with level of service, and il get the parts prices :-)

Jon_W
18-01-11, 02:11 PM
could have done a "servicing course" on this at my place.
if you do it yourself, mind out as the KA has tapered seat spark plugs that become corroded into the head, and are a right bugger to get out...................

if you want to do this yourself, give me a shout, i also have trade discounts at certain places.....

im also an ex ford mech.

:-)

Which engine is that for JD??

Morticia
18-01-11, 05:09 PM
I take my boys to bike treafds, behing George Whites. They've always done a superb job.

igbell
19-01-11, 02:41 PM
I know it is not Swindon but either Bridge garage in WB or ABC in WB, others than that my neighbour works at Audi

mcicy
26-01-11, 06:10 PM
Gary out at North Stratton Service Station is who I take my cars to, have been going there for almost 25 years

Squashed_Fly
26-01-11, 07:21 PM
Update - took it to advanced cars. They were great. Fixed the steering good as new. Have since part ex'd the car against a 206 quicksilver though as it has a load of other things just waiting to go wrong.... You can just sense it's not right when driving it.

Thanks for the advice all!