PDA

View Full Version : Off Roaders !

Gerry
20-11-10, 08:36 PM
Thinking of selling the Supra and buying a new (or lot newer) sports bike and an off-roader.

Re the sports bike, I’m trying to stop myself from looking at this
( http://pistonheads.com/sales/2053216.htm ) but it keeps popping in my mind and on my PC. I’m sure I’ll get sensible and look at non Ducati, but it is a sexy beast :-*

What’s recommended for a back to off-roading (after 30 years) short-arse pensioner like me ?
Looking at the pics, they are all about six feet high and blue, that’s about all I can make out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry

Honda_Star
20-11-10, 08:44 PM
Hey! Good news :) my serow is for sale which I can flat foot no problem. . I gave someone interested who is looking at it on Monday but will let you know if it doesn't sell . You know off road is the choice of champions in the winter ! !

Last Train
20-11-10, 09:09 PM
Buy the ducati, that is a lush machine [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

No idea about a mud plugger

Gerry
20-11-10, 09:18 PM
It is sweet isn't it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Not quick (80 BHP) 140 MPH, but a do like V Twins and I think it looks brill in it's "Alice" frock, a real retro racer ;)

Star, I'll have a read up on your serow [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

G

CharleyX
20-11-10, 10:16 PM
Gerry, mmmmm not much to think about there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Luving it :D

Robf
21-11-10, 12:02 AM
Looks good that bike, and cheap for what would be on a new plate.

Jacde
21-11-10, 08:07 PM
that's a mighty fine bike Gerry,
ummm off roading and pensioners??? Do you bounce well?? ;D

Gerry
21-11-10, 08:48 PM

That's a bit of a personal question :-/ but I think I know what you may mean ;)

Looking at the off roaders at CA today everyone was about five feet tall, talk about not getting your leg over. I'd need a man with a box to follow me round !

Roxy
21-11-10, 09:01 PM
GERRY GERRY GERRY!!

It's the choice for 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can then shout 'GO GERRY GO' aswell as my usual 'GO ROSSI GO'

Roxy :-* x

Scotty
21-11-10, 09:07 PM
Like Star says Gerry, she has her Serow up for grabs now, though if hers gets sold there are others around too - come and get dirty with us (oo-er! ;D), you know it makes sense :)
We had an absolute ball today, though I'm walking like a geriatric now as I had my first proper stack on the new bike this morning and gave my back a tweak :'( Purely down to rider error, ran out of talent briefly in a chalky gully and was spat off ::) Still did another 80-odd miles after that though :) You know one of the best things about off-roaders? :-? After an off, you just pick them up, start them again, get on and keep riding - there's nothing to break! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
21-11-10, 09:45 PM
GERRY GERRY GERRY!!

Well then that seals it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

No man could possibly resist the urge to have a Roxy shout Go Gerry Go could they ;)

Scotty, Does look fun (and was from what I remember in the 1940's or thereabouts) !
Hope your back's OK tomorow mate.

Cheers
Gerry

Roxy
21-11-10, 09:54 PM
GERRY GERRY GERRY!!

No man could possibly resist the urge to have a Roxy shout Go Gerry Go could they ;)

Scotty, Does look fun (and was from what I remember in the 1940's or thereabouts) !

Cheers
Gerry

I'll be your wingman anyday! ;)

Roxy :-*

Gerry
21-11-10, 09:57 PM
GERRY GERRY GERRY!!

Cheers
Gerry

I'll be your wingman anyday! ;)

You have a new personal Message !!!

You haven't really, I just thought I'd frighten you with thoughts of a pensioner stalker grooming you ;) x

Roxy
21-11-10, 10:05 PM
Gerry, you are funny! LOL

You are one of the few people on here that have my phone number!! [smiley=happy.gif] so I really don't think I need to be frightened!

You just shout and the yam & duc can roll!!!!

Whoo hoo bring on Wales...you can chase me down that mountain again!!! ;)

Roxy x

Gerry
21-11-10, 10:22 PM
"You are one of the few people on here that have my phone number"

Yes… many’s a night I lay in bed caressing your numbers on my Nokia one by one, my index finger hovering over the send button, with thoughts of closely following you down the romantic Welsh mountainside, oblivious to the rest of the Lunar Light Speed Gang and the sheep [smiley=happy.gif]

Frightened now ;)

G x

Roxy
21-11-10, 10:43 PM
Gerry, I am sat on my sofa Laughing so hard my cheeks hurt! ;D ;D

You are wasted in a day job...team up with McIntyre and do comedy, I'll be in the front row every night! ;D

Now we know the Welsh roads I expect I will be chasing you next year...and on a ducati ;) we can just let the Lunar Light Speed gang get on with it! ::)

and as for me being frightened?????? no way! you gotta do better than that to scare Roxy! [smiley=happy.gif]

Gerry
21-11-10, 10:46 PM
Sorry about your cheeks :-/

Quote:
and as for me being frightened?????? no way! you gotta do better than that to scare Roxy!

I just love a challenge ;)

G :-*

jonnydangerous
22-11-10, 08:25 AM
Gerry,

that was us!!! saw you lot at the roundabout in Shaftsbury :-)
we were going to the greasy spoon, where did you lot go...

offroaders are fantastic, you dont have to go fast, we averaged 15mph yesterday!

there are a few "not so tall" bikes for around a grand, keep an eye out on ebay for:-

ccm 230
honda crf230
serow
gasgas pampera
suzuki dr200
kmx125 (might be a bit tall, try one)...

come and join us for a laugh mate, none of us are any good, but its DAM good fun :-)

Last Train
22-11-10, 09:39 AM
.... saw you lot at the roundabout in Shaftsbury :-)
we were going to the greasy spoon, where did you lot go...

Knew it had to be you when I seen in my mirror's your superb 'Throttle usage error' [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

We were off to the Airfield for our tea and tuck stop, Compton Abbas blat (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1290249513/0#0), We thought you'd gone the off road route and were gonna meet us up there...

Roxy
22-11-10, 09:47 AM
Knew it had to be you when I seen in my mirror's your superb 'Throttle usage error'

would that have been a 'usual jd manoeuvre' per chance???? lol

jonnydangerous
22-11-10, 09:49 AM
...........................wrong gear............... wrong bike.............................wrong type of leaves on the track.......etc ;-)

YMFB
22-11-10, 08:42 PM
I was concerned that the WB off roaders might all be related to Dougie Lambkin, having read this I may still be outclassed in off roading skills but maybe not so humilating as I first thought. ;D

Scotty
22-11-10, 11:17 PM
.....there are a few "not so tall" bikes for around a grand, keep an eye out on ebay for:-

ccm 230
honda crf230
serow
gasgas pampera
suzuki dr200
kmx125 (might be a bit tall, try one)...

come and join us for a laugh mate, none of us are any good, but its DAM good fun :-)
There's also the Kawasaki KL250 Super Sherpa, pretty rare, but there was one on here last year...
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1261935459
This one was on here for over a month and only one member showed an interest, yet plenty of people say "Oh I'd love to have a go at off-roading..." ::) Don't just think about it folks, get a bike and have a go!

By the way, Star's Serow sold tonight so keep looking! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
23-11-10, 06:39 PM
Thanx for that Scotty,

Am really torn at the mo, I've got the car modded exactly as I wanted it (at much expense and over a number of years) and when i can run it, it's brilliant. But this is only seriously a few times a year at Santa Pod & Goodwood. Other than that it's a couple of weekend blats with the Supra Club.
Trouble is that i took it out the other night and in this cold night air it's just brutal :o Brilliant !

I know I'd get more use out of a new Sports bike & an off-roader, but you know what it's like parting with something that's almost part of you, and I know I'd never get another the same.

I need to take a long hard (quick) think and come to a decision and either be happy with the SV for a while and keep the car or get it for sale.#

Will have a natter with a mate who imports Supra's and see what the market is like at the mo (although I fear I know).
In the meantime, must stop looking at that pretty Ducati :D

Gerry
05-02-11, 07:07 PM
Couldn't sleep last night so popped up to Wigan :D to have a look at this in the flesh ;)

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff325/Simpsons1979/Ducati.jpg

I'm liking ;D

Ducati 900S, 2002 but unregistered, V Twin [smiley=thumbup.gif] Alice paint job (not stickers) done to order.

Not a sensible buy in many ways, but it's so nice to look at (IMO) !

Can't afford it, but may not let that stop me buying it (although they also had a nice Honda SP1 there) oh, and a nice new (again unregistered) Benelli - bit common now though ;)

May see if I can sell my kidneys on Monday ;D

G

PS, It's amazing how quickly you can get up to the M4 at Bath before 5am 8-)

Roxy
05-02-11, 07:22 PM
OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhh Gerry! ;)

Gerry
05-02-11, 07:23 PM
OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooohhhhhhh Gerry! ;)

Yes, sorry about last night Roxy, I thought I was zipped up ;D

Roxy
05-02-11, 07:25 PM
LMAO!!! Classic moment G! ;D ;D

redken1
05-02-11, 08:06 PM

That's a bit of a personal question :-/ but I think I know what you may mean ;)

Looking at the off roaders at CA today everyone was about five feet tall, talk about not getting your leg over. I'd need a man with a box to follow me round !

"Getting your leg over" and "A man with a box." The mind boggles Gerry. ;D ;D ;D

crewy
05-02-11, 10:18 PM
Thing is owning a Ducati is and will be costly, for starters, the clocks are the same design as the 916/996/998 and after a few thousand miles the glass over them will start to crack with the vibration, cam belts have to be changed every 2years regardless of millage, being a 2002 model you will most likely get the regulater/rectifier charging problem (think it is fine on the 2004 models up)

BUT, great bike to ride, will put a smile on your face every time you ride it. I love my 916, but owning a Ducati is not a cheap hobby lol ;D