PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a track bike

R6_Don
29-04-11, 07:16 PM
Hello

Im looking into buying a track bike to have a play on over the summer but have a few questions if any one can help it would be much appreciated.

I have never been on the track before but am booked up for the Ron Haslem race school and know that once i try it i will be hooked. The questions i have are as follows.
1. what sort of bike shall i buy? (budget of £2000)

2. Should i buy a bike that is already a track bike or buy a road bike and change the fairing and other parts?

There are many more questions but that is just to get the ball rolling.
Cheers Don

Mark_Able
29-04-11, 08:14 PM
1. Go for an older 600.

2. Buy a track bike, as it'll probably come with loads of spares, like whells, fairings, tyres, etc.

Have a look on NGRoadracing.org site. There's always stuff for sale in the classifieds... :)

Dabz
29-04-11, 10:07 PM
Speak to basil, he may be selling his to upgrade!

jimmer
29-04-11, 10:11 PM
North Glos have a few bikes,normally a bit more than £2000 but loads on ebay,Mr Able is spot on should be able to get one one ready for the track,and get some warmers,spare wheels with wets on,and have a blast

Moo
29-04-11, 10:14 PM
Speak to basil, he may be selling his to upgrade!

Has he actually ridden it yet?

Seriously though I would agree that getting a bike which is track ready is far cheaper than doing it yourself as I am finding with my crusty blade. Just need a front wheel now!!