PDA

View Full Version : William. Shame he's useless with bikes...

Taylor911
29-04-11, 12:11 PM
Ok, i say useless
I dont mean it like that.

Flat tyre... (Is it actually flat or is it just the angle of lean?)
Illegal visor... (Not that anyone cares about a visor, i dont)
Trackies, Hoodie & Ankle snappers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381168/Royal-Wedding-Kate-Middleton-Prince-Williams-day-freedom.html

470four
29-04-11, 12:46 PM
Ok, i say useless
I dont mean it like that.

Flat tyre... (Is it actually flat or is it just the angle of lean?)
Illegal visor... (Not that anyone cares about a visor, i dont)
Trackies, Hoodie & Ankle snappers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381168/Royal-Wedding-Kate-Middleton-Prince-Williams-day-freedom.html

This got my goat last night at work... >:(

What sort of frickin role model are you setting here exactly? This is the sort of Gixxer-boy mentality we should expect from Premier-league footballers, not somebody with the Worlds cameras on him 24/7 just before he gets married in Westminster Abbey to Crate Piddlefun??

This was on the front page of The Sun & others, he had just left football practice & altho Nanny had bought him 15K of Corse 1198 & an Arai he couldnt see fit to change into leathers to ride home in?? Not your average shift worker is it?

Was 11pm so nice & dark for a tinted visor (I am keeping the page in my wallet & if by any chance I ever get stopped at night with a dark visor on I will say "hey, if its ok for our future King of England then surely his minions are ok too?)

"Royal Wedding cancelled after William gets totalled by Bob the cabbie"

Nice one Wills, an example to us all... no-one in any of the papers wanted to point out how fkn stupid it is to wear trainers & trackie-bottoms on a bike...

AND WHAT THE FK IS GOING ON WITH YOUR SOCKS??!!?

Now you will have to sell your 1198, I will buy it off you for £100 (get yourself a celebratory beer or four, its not like you actually bought the bike anyway?)

Simon in Wales is now complaining of teenage girls & MILFS dragging him off his Corse 1198 only to find he is actually a labourer from Newport? I could sell the grips, seat, tank & footrests on ebay for like £23,000,976 & never have to work again??

William - dont ever ride through Westbury FFS, that jobsworth plod will have you over for a dark visor & loud exhausts regardless... ;D

**Sheesh** ::)

BladeTriple
29-04-11, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys , this really made me chuckle x First thing I said to my Mam was , if he comes off that thing its going to bloody hurt ! Arai's save heads but not the rest of you , gravel rash the day of the wedding would bloody hurt and maybe slow down the consumation of the marriage ;)

Taylor911
29-04-11, 01:12 PM
Do we think hes kept those baffles in?

470four
29-04-11, 01:25 PM
Do we think hes kept those baffles in?

Doubtful! Wanted it to sound "fruity, like a real motorcycle!" ;)

he could have painted his ass blue and wheelied the thing up and down the street til 4am, no-one would have said a thing... :D

StreetHippo
29-04-11, 03:35 PM
Thought his Mrs scrubbed up well for a "commoner"!!! ;D ;D ;D

Stu ;)

Uber Dave
29-04-11, 04:39 PM
I am going to back him on this. And probably going to get some flak of you lot as a result.

Visor: dont pretend like none of you have ever been caught out with going back later than you though. I have, I know others who have, get over it.

Tracksuit and Shoes: Again, you can not tell me you have all never been out in normal jeans or shorts on the odd occasion, I would like to remind you all that the law states that the ONLY legally required bit of kit is a helmet!! Is he been stupid, yes, it will hurt like hell if he came off, but he didnt. Get over it.

Tyre: Cant comment on that, the photo is crap quality, cant tell what surface its on but looks flat, no excuse for him there.

Get a grip people, stop picking him appart because you can, I wear normal jeans when I go out sometimes, I even ride my bike from the garage in my shorts and t-shirt, its my problem if I come off same as its his.

Mitch9128
29-04-11, 04:56 PM
I am going to back him on this. And probably going to get some flak of you lot as a result.

Visor: dont pretend like none of you have ever been caught out with going back later than you though. I have, I know others who have, get over it.

Tracksuit and Shoes: Again, you can not tell me you have all never been out in normal jeans or shorts on the odd occasion, I would like to remind you all that the law states that the ONLY legally required bit of kit is a helmet!! Is he been stupid, yes, it will hurt like hell if he came off, but he didnt. Get over it.

Tyre: Cant comment on that, the photo is crap quality, cant tell what surface its on but looks flat, no excuse for him there.

Get a grip people, stop picking him appart because you can, I wear normal jeans when I go out sometimes, I even ride my bike from the garage in my shorts and t-shirt, its my problem if I come off same as its his.

+1
Dark visors ain't illegal, it's up to the coppers discretion. I did Bikesafe 2 weeks ago with a black visor and the filth didn't bat an eyelid. As for the rest of the critisicm, so what? You all bleat about using your own judgement, he did, he's fine, what makes you think your's is better than his?

Scotty
29-04-11, 05:07 PM
The tyre does look pretty flat... don't forget that the photo was taken with flash so it's quite possible that it was actually lighter than it appears.
More to the point, in a photo further down the "article" there are a party of them leaving the Abbey after final practice or whatever, and none of the three guys clearly visible in the car is wearing a seatbelt - nothing like lessons learned eh? In the car crash that killed their mother only one of the occupants was wearing a seatbelt and only one of them survived, no prizes for guessing which one it was.... ::)

redken1
29-04-11, 07:39 PM
As a true republican I’m not about to defend one of the royals, but with regard to suitable motorcycle clothing, I think it’s entirely the individual’s choice. I did however; find the press coverage of this particular story interesting. If that was not the second heir to the throne, but a working class kid from a council housing scheme, the right-wing tabloids would have ‘Burnt him to the stake.’

crewy
29-04-11, 07:57 PM
Regardless of what he is wearing, as it doesn't bother me if he comes off and hurts him self as i wont be the one who is injured, but imagine how much he must be paying to insure it :o

redken1
29-04-11, 08:02 PM
Regardless of what he is wearing, as it doesn't bother me if he comes off and hurts him self as i wont be the one who is injured, but imagine how much he must be paying to insure it :o

Wonder if he has to buy his insurance in 12 monthly instalments like some of us? :P

Loops
30-04-11, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys , this really made me chuckle x First thing I said to my Mam was , if he comes off that thing its going to bloody hurt ! Arai's save heads but not the rest of you , gravel rash the day of the wedding would bloody hurt and maybe slow down the consumation of the marriage ;)

My first comment to my mum myself was along the same lines! 'the papers are worrying about what might happen to his tackle after a bad tackle on the football pitch (if you follow) - yet no comment on him riding in completely unprotective clothing and with illegal visor....especially the night before his wedding, you can't walk down the isle with broken legs/arms/spine'

Mitch9128
30-04-11, 06:17 PM
For the eleventy twelth time, black visors are NOT illegal.

Loops
30-04-11, 06:25 PM
I was under the impression they're fine during the day but illegal after dark due to the reduced light throughput - like tints on car windows only more relaxed during the day?

Mitch9128
30-04-11, 06:31 PM
Coppers discretion, that doesn't mean illegal does it?

Taylor911
30-04-11, 08:32 PM
They are illegal.
They have to let through more then 70% light, same as car windows.

Its not to do with discretion I dot think, they can't test tge visor due to the curvature of it. They have to test it on a large flat surface, like a windscreen :)

Snowy
30-04-11, 08:40 PM
Tinted Visors are NOT illegal, but must comply with the Construction and Use regulations (1986).
Helmet visors must not be tinted to the extent that there is less than 50% of Actual Visual Light Transmission (AVLT) and they must bear the BS 4110:1979 or ECE Regulation 22.05 markings.

So, you are legal if it lets through more than 50% AVLT. It's illegal if it doesn't and won't have the BS kite marks etc :)

470four
30-04-11, 10:08 PM
I still say hes a dick for using a dark visor at night... Its not as tho hes not got enough lackeys to go and fetch his clear one if he got caught out or even buy another Arai?

Not good in the eyes of the world...

Taylor911
30-04-11, 10:27 PM
Ill get us an answer from the Police.
Im on a forum, so will ask.