PDA

View Full Version : Bets on...

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 03:14 PM
So, i dropped the bike into the garage last Tuesday, instructions to do valve clearances and balance carbs, told them i needed it back Thursday (short week) and was assured it would be ready, i did say if worst came to worst they could have it this Tuesday, but that had to be it. So Thursday last week comes and goes, no call nothing, ok i thought no bother, i'm working from home Tuesday, maybe they had to order some shims. 3pm yesterday ii call them, yeah it will be ready later, we'll call you in an hour with an update, 2 hours later i call them, to be told theres a problem with the shims, tomorrow (today) now. 30 mins later their mechanic calls me and says shims sizes in stock are wrong, deffo ready at 10 am today. So, at 12 noon today i call and they are putting it back together, they will call me in an hour, it's 15:13 on the pc clock right now. I'm a bit dissapointed really.

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 05:09 PM
Now nearly closing time, the bike is apparently ready, but the only person who can test ride it is out. Customer service is absoflippinglutely abysmal at this garage, despite several assurances i'll be called back, not once have they.

Kevinb
04-05-11, 05:17 PM
They sound cr*p. Where did you take it so we can make sure we never go there?

NoYou
04-05-11, 05:19 PM
damn.. that is pretty appalling, what garage was it i want to make sure i never go there!

Scotty
04-05-11, 06:49 PM
You could always do it yourself next time, it's not difficult, much cheaper and you're not waiting for anyone else to get their act together 8-) Failing that, take it to Colin [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 07:03 PM
I'm not gonna name them, just picked up bike and job has been done, and well it seems, just bad communications. I'd balance the carbs, but shims is beyond my 'can be arsed level', i used to do Bandit tappets, but they're easy, bucket shims...eugh. Who's Colin?

Scotty
04-05-11, 07:07 PM
Shims are a piece of piss, dead easy, and need doing far less often than tappets - those things are from the stone age man!

Colin, aka Green Man, is WB's resident Bike Mechanic, have a look here (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1298750292) 8-)

Mitch9128
04-05-11, 07:13 PM
Ah yeah, i asked him already, he's not doing shims he said, pity as it's the only thing i ever need doing. I used to do my Bandits every 40k miles, tbh they were stalling at the lights, and a bastid to start in the morning by then, that's how i knew they needed doing :)