PDA

View Full Version : Open Day at Swindon Triumph

Squashed_Fly
13-05-11, 11:44 AM
http://www.bladegrouptriumph.co.uk/content/pages/about/bladegroup-news/15.htm

Anyone else popping along to this?

I've booked onto 2 of their test rideouts. 1 on a speed triple, and one a 675. Should be interesting!

Kevinb
13-05-11, 01:26 PM
Was going to test ride a Rocket Roadster as the standard Rocket doesn't have the pegs in the right place, but have been told someones written theirs off!

Dabz
13-05-11, 01:34 PM
I'll pop over yeh :) better not book a test ride having only just bought a triumph 3 weeks ago :P

Squashed_Fly
13-05-11, 02:02 PM
Go on Dabz! Be brave! ;D

You could always pretend you're thinking of buying it for Hazel and 'just want to see if it would be suitable'.... ;)

Dabz
13-05-11, 02:26 PM
trouble is I've ridden the street triple plenty of times before and loved it every time. I'll be buying one later in the year, but if I test ride one tomorrow knowing me I'll buy it on the spot and worry about funding it after :P

no point in riding the 675 as that's what I'll be riding to the open day..and none of the other models interest me :/

BladeTriple
13-05-11, 02:35 PM
to coin a northern expression ..> BUGGA!!! I have family down this weekend and I couldn't test ride anything at the moment anyway because my hand and wrist are still sore ! Hmmm I may pop down next weekend instead to do a recce on nice shiny items for when I get my pay off

Jon_W
13-05-11, 03:06 PM
Might try and pop over. Would like a go on the Bonnaville....

spudgun
13-05-11, 06:11 PM
i'll pop in on the way back from collecting the RC8, finally :D

Squashed_Fly
14-05-11, 12:47 PM
Good morning there!

Didn't realise the speed triple was 1050cc before I got there and sat on it. Bit different riding a brand new tricked out 1050 naked than a 9 year old 636 sports bike. Verdict? Loads of fun, but I'd be too tempted to try and do things I am not yet able to!

In Stoners words - My ambition would outweigh my talent! Plus it's hard to hold on over a ton!

The 675R was much more usable for me, however, it's so focused and hunched over, it hurt like hell riding it at anything below 70. After that, the wind resistance provides enough support to your head & shoulders to make it an absolute pleasure on the open road. Would I buy one? If I wanted a second bike as a trackday machine, I would have one like a shot. For the road? Well imho, it has no place on the road really, it is an out and out track tool, and it makes no bones about telling you that when you ride it on the road!

Dabz - I could see why yours has had a few owners in a short space of time. It's an incredible bike to ride fast, but I couldn't get on with it long term going slow. Might suit a taller ride who has longer arms so can sit more upright going slow, but I'm too short and it pulled me right forwards over the tank...

Dabz
14-05-11, 04:58 PM
Ahh I'm getting used to mine now, it's a pleasure around town (compared to my last 3 bikes anyway) and a dream at higher speeds. Had some fun today with Greenman on the way to the open day (was there this afternoon with him and Beamer). It's certainly a very extreme riding position though - high seat, thin bike and low bars, but you can see why it's been mcn sportsbike of the year a number of times

Squashed_Fly
14-05-11, 06:29 PM
you can see why it's been mcn sportsbike of the year a number of times

Definately! Was lots of fun to ride... fast!

Dex
15-05-11, 10:01 PM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you at the day - but Nanette said you'd been up :)

The trick with the 675 at low speed is to shuffle all the way forward on the seat then use your core muscles to hold you upright rather than taking weight through your arms/wrists.

I took one for a thrash last weekend (675R) and thought it was fantastic. But if I bought one I'd be in jail within a week, it kept wanting me to do bad things....

Dabz
15-05-11, 10:10 PM
yeh that's my issue with it at the moment - I haven't yet been for a ride on it without hitting 3 figures (on private roads obviously)