PDA

View Full Version : Professional Leather Cleaning?

Dabz
15-05-11, 06:11 PM
Is there anyone that does this? Have had a go at my jacket with leather cleaner but a combination of 4 years without much care and a distinct lack of effort/attention to detail by me isn't getting much result.

Honda_Star
15-05-11, 06:34 PM
Is there anyone that does this? Have had a go at my jacket with leather cleaner but a combination of 4 years without much care and a distinct lack of effort/attention to detail by me isn't getting much result.
Try scrubbers leathers - we use them for cleaning charity kit. Bloody brilliant ! Can get details pm ' d to u if u like? You will need to post your leathers .

Dabz
15-05-11, 06:39 PM
yes please :) thanks! Happy to post them away..it'll save me money eyeing up new leathers!

Honda_Star
15-05-11, 06:47 PM
yes please :) thanks! Happy to post them away..it'll save me money eyeing up new leathers!
Scrubbers Leathers
46 Brackley Close
Coundon
Coventry
CV6 2BL

Tel: 0845-260-6766
info@scrubbersleathers.co.uk

Mention you got their details from the bike experience charity if you wouldn't mind dabz ? :)

Dabz
15-05-11, 06:50 PM
no problem will do! prices look very reasonable, pity royal mail aren't so cheap

Honda_Star
15-05-11, 07:24 PM
no problem will do! prices look very reasonable, pity royal mail aren't so cheap
I tend to use cheaper online couriers where poss !

Dabz
15-05-11, 07:35 PM
Ahh good thinking, any recommendations?

Honda_Star
15-05-11, 07:43 PM
Ahh good thinking, any recommendations?
Try parcel2go ?

silly_simon
15-05-11, 09:30 PM
it'll save me money eyeing up new leathers!

I doubt that mate ;)

Dex
15-05-11, 09:56 PM
Definitely scrubbers!

Give them a ring- Damien will talk you through what the process involves, basically he'll spend a week cleaning them, far longer than you or I are ever going to spend cleaning the kit.

I don't bother trying to wash/re-proof leathers or textiles now, they go to him.

Jon_W
16-05-11, 12:37 PM
I do it myself a little and often. Once clean you need to keep leather well fed or it absorbs the cr*p around it.

Have used Renapur and can't fault it. even the disgusting seat on the cub came back after a few applications of Leather cleaner.

Dabz
16-05-11, 01:01 PM
doing it myself requires effort of which I have little :P