PDA

View Full Version : Question for Nelly Ref FJR

silly_simon
15-05-11, 11:13 AM
Mate
Is the FJR 1300 a everyday useable bike, I only ask as I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of the FZ1 for one ? I am particularly interested in how comfortable they are both for rider and pillion as the Mrs and I are thinking of going to the Lake's later in the year and want something that is going to get us there in comfort :o Don't get me wrong i love the Fazer to bits but the FJR just seems a better touring option. :)

dean551
15-05-11, 12:57 PM
I know I'm not nelly, but recently moved to FJR (09) from bandit gt.
Just no comparison, great handling at all speeds and very well balanced.
Although may be costly, the cost shows in what I believe is superb quality and handling. Ave 50+mpg,
does everything i want it to.
I also consider it to have excellent balance
Depending on your height, you may want taller screen.
Side panniers can take full face.
Be wary of semi auto's but read all the write ups, no negatives.
If live near swindon, your both welcome to test for size

Slow coach

silly_simon
15-05-11, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the offer mate :) I might have to take you up on it at some point.

In the meantime Is the seat adjustable aswell as the screen ?

Nelly
17-05-11, 07:43 AM
I think it is a great bike. Comfy and easy to ride. The one i had, had the electric screen so i dont think that a bloke of your height would have much of a problem. Built like a tank and go really well. I had mine loaded to the hilt on several occasions with wife, tent, clothes, 6 hairdryers ;) and the rest of the kit and it still pulled like a train. Really do recomend if you are thinking of taking some long trips mate. Never had a hint of a problem with her.Oh, and Mrs H reckoned it was lovely on the back.