PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of ....

spudgun
20-05-11, 10:05 PM
someone that has a field that my lad can ride his 50cc auto on for a few hours?

He's been to a few practice tracks, but i think he's a little put off by others passing him and following the track etc.

I think he just needs a couple of hours on his own in a flat field to just get on ad enjoy the bike without worrying about what other kids are doing around him

Davey
21-05-11, 10:09 AM
Loads by my house 8-) Don't help you much tho lol

Have a word with some farmers some will let your lad play if the see its a small bike

Uber Dave
21-05-11, 11:02 AM
Salisbury plain?

Ducatista
21-05-11, 11:11 AM
Do you have any industrial estates near you that are closed for business at the weekend?

I'm in Chippenham and when I wanted to practice slow riding I either went to Halfords which has a big car park and is closed on Sundays or a local industrial estate (bumpers farm) which has a lot of businesses with big car parks but are empty and closed on a weekend.

spudgun
21-05-11, 11:58 AM
i think i'd be in the realms of "asbo" and riding without insurance, correct licence etc - don't really want to go down that route

Ducatista
21-05-11, 12:13 PM
ah ok, so it's not road legal.
Sorry I didn't get that.

Bornagain
21-05-11, 12:27 PM
There's a 3 acre field and a cracking track through the woods that you can pay £10 to use from 11am til 4pm 7 days a week. It's just outside Trowbridge near Monkton Farleigh just off the A36 to Bath. They let anyone use it (kids, quads, motox bikes no bigger than 250cc etc) Under 18's have to be supervised by an adult and a disclaimer signed. It's private land so no MOT/TAX or insurance required. I took my 15 year old nephew up there to practise using a gear'd bike prior to his CBT. Lots of little whippersnappers up there with their Dads having a great time....and all legal ;)

Dilldog
21-05-11, 03:46 PM
A couple of us were trying to get some land to ride on, problem being is that the farmers are reluctant because they have to have third party insurance.

Not sure if this is true or they didnt like the look of us!!

Probably the latter lol

spudgun
23-05-11, 10:27 AM
There's a 3 acre field and a cracking track through the woods that you can pay £10 to use from 11am til 4pm 7 days a week. It's just outside Trowbridge near Monkton Farleigh just off the A36 to Bath. They let anyone use it (kids, quads, motox bikes no bigger than 250cc etc) Under 18's have to be supervised by an adult and a disclaimer signed. It's private land so no MOT/TAX or insurance required. I took my 15 year old nephew up there to practise using a gear'd bike prior to his CBT. Lots of little whippersnappers up there with their Dads having a great time....and all legal ;)
sounds ideal - i don't suppose you have any contact details?

silly_simon
23-05-11, 04:15 PM
Mate
Try this buddy it is the filling station opposite when they use the land mate

Farleigh Service Station
Norton Saint Philip, Somerset BA2 7
01225 722140 [ch8206]

If they don't run it they may well know who does [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
23-05-11, 04:33 PM
Mate
Try this buddy it is the filling station opposite when they use the land mate

Farleigh Service Station
Norton Saint Philip, Somerset BA2 7
01225 722140 [ch8206]

If they don't run it they may well know who does [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That's the ones Si

You pay in the garage and sign your disclaimer there too. There's a place to park up opposite the garage and the woods and the field is right there ready for action. Should be great for ya little lad as they don't let any shinanigans go on. They wont let anyone on there with a motoX bike bigger than 125 (they only let me on with a 250 cuz it wasn't me riding and just my nephew who was just learning and obviously not tear arsing around) Safe place

spudgun
24-05-11, 07:06 AM
Cheers guys :)