PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free next Wednesday 18th in daytime?

Honda_Star
10-05-11, 12:47 PM
Hi All

As I am doing the Ron Haslam school next Wednesday I won't be able to attend Castle Coombe to help with our next Paraplegic track day. I know it's short notice but if you or anyone could spare your time on Wednesday, we really need volunteers who are able to help out on the day. It will involve 'catching and launching' the bikes but you will be given full instructions and its dead dead easy - ask Nick L, he kindly helped out last time! It basically means holding the bike upright and removing the paddock stand as the bikes pull away or catching them as they come in. Anyone can do it!

If you are able to offer any time next Wednesday at all please let me know and I will put you in touch with Talan.

If you don't know what I am going on about check out the sticky thread here:
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1303060586

:) :) :) :) :)

njl
11-05-11, 12:15 PM
As it stands I'll be free if you want me. Is it similar timings as last time, if so I might speak to CC see if I can get some track time in the afternoon.

Honda_Star
11-05-11, 12:43 PM
That would be amazing Nick - we are really short for help this time and it would really be appreciated. I will PM you Talan's number? He might be able to have a word with CC for you too regarding track time :)

Honda_Star
11-05-11, 05:25 PM
Forgot to mention on initial thread that its likely to be 9am - approx 1.30pm that you are needed, so not all day :)

Morticia
12-05-11, 09:28 AM
As it stands I'll be free if you want me. Is it similar timings as last time, if so I might speak to CC see if I can get some track time in the afternoon.

Can I tag along?

njl
12-05-11, 11:00 AM

Can I tag along?

Fine by me, are you up for some catch and release duties? It's easy stuff just holding the front of the bike steady or fitting and removing the paddock stand at the back.

I'll be going over by bike from Swindon, depending on what comes of any track time either leaving about 7.30 or 8.30.

Honda_Star
12-05-11, 12:02 PM
Talan will be very grateful if you can lend a hand Maca - I will PM his number to you :)

Dennis_Sinanan
12-05-11, 05:10 PM
Hi Star,

I can make myself available. Just let me know.

Dennis

Honda_Star
12-05-11, 06:13 PM
Hi Star,

I can make myself available. Just let me know.

Dennis

hey Dennis

Good to see you yesterday and thank you for your kind offer. I have just spoken to Talan and provided NickL and Morticia can definitely make it he should be ok for helpers.

There are about another 6 students lined up for other dates so could I keep you in mind for the next one if we need help and you are free? :) :) :) :) :)

jonneyflame
13-05-11, 11:31 AM
Hi Star,

I'm on leave from next Wednesday and would be happy to help out, put me down as Maca's +1

Dennis_Sinanan
13-05-11, 11:47 AM
There are about another 6 students lined up for other dates so could I keep you in mind for the next one if we need help and you are free? :) :) :) :) :)

No problems, give me a shout and I will see what I can do.

I guess I might as well see if I can do the ride up to see you all at the Ron Haslam Race School. Now where is that thread.....

Morticia
14-05-11, 08:51 PM

Can I tag along?

Fine by me, are you up for some catch and release duties? It's easy stuff just holding the front of the bike steady or fitting and removing the paddock stand at the back.

I'll be going over by bike from Swindon, depending on what comes of any track time either leaving about 7.30 or 8.30.

What time where then?

njl
15-05-11, 01:41 PM
How about 8.30 at the Costa on j16? Not sure if it's open yet though, I will be over that side of town.

Honda_Star
16-05-11, 12:49 PM
Dennis -

I have just been informed that a certain Chris Dabs from MCN will be also be having a go at the bike experience on Wednesday and has just advised that he will need some buddies to help with catch/launch duties....if you are still free then your help would be really appreciated - I will PM you too :)

Nooj
16-05-11, 07:39 PM
I could possible get there for midday, would that be too late?

Honda_Star
16-05-11, 07:48 PM
I could possible get there for midday, would that be too late?

Thanks Nooj but the day sessions draw to an end around 1/1.30 but thank you for your kind offer

Dennis_Sinanan
16-05-11, 08:36 PM
Hi Star,

No problem with the late notice, but I am already committed to something else. :-/Trying to make alternate arrangements but will not know until much later or tomorrow.

If things change, I will let you know asap.

Honda_Star
16-05-11, 08:39 PM
Hi Star,

No problem with the late notice, but I am already committed to something else. :-/Trying to make alternate arrangements but will not know until much later or tomorrow.

If things change, I will let you know asap.

ok it's no worry - we totally understand if you can't do this one - keep hold of Talan's number and if circumstances change, let him know. Cheers buddy ! :)

Rossio
17-05-11, 06:08 AM
Hey star I'd love to do this, I think it would be a great experience, do you still need a helper?

Honda_Star
17-05-11, 07:48 AM
Hey star I'd love to do this, I think it would be a great experience, do you still need a helper?
I will check with Talan to see - will also check with Dennis as I know he was going to try and rearrange his plans if he could. Thank u & I will get back to u! :)

jonneyflame
18-05-11, 05:57 PM
A big thanks to NICKL and my team mate Ross, had a great day

Ross and i caught for Chris, he still has what it takes, to be able to ride at over 100mph with only your arms for support takes some doing, well done mate.

He said it should be in MCN in around 3 weeks and hopefully Wiltshire Bikers should get a mention too.

Nooj
19-05-11, 10:51 AM
I seem to have quite a bit of spare time on my hands at the moment, if you need catchers again in the future I'll try and get there.

njl
19-05-11, 05:48 PM
A big thanks to NICKL and my team mate Ross, had a great day

Ross and i caught for Chris, he still has what it takes, to be able to ride at over 100mph with only your arms for support takes some doing, well done mate.

He said it should be in MCN in around 3 weeks and hopefully Wiltshire Bikers should get a mention too.

Thanks for coming along, glad you enjoyed it, despite the weather!

njl
19-05-11, 05:51 PM
I seem to have quite a bit of spare time on my hands at the moment, if you need catchers again in the future I'll try and get there.

That could be a great help, I think it will be wednesday sessions as Castle Combe will be hosting ongoing, which clashes with work for a lot of people. Plus as its also a general bike trackday might be an oppertunity to spread the word about shinybikesyndrome afterwards!

Honda_Star
19-05-11, 09:18 PM
ok.....a BIG THANK YOU for everyone that helped yesterday. I met up with Maca earlier for a bimble and she said it was quite an emotional Bike Experience Day but very enjoyable. Talan has been in touch with me and in a nutshell....YOU GUYS/GALS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!! It wouldn't be possible without your help. Once we start getting donations, we hope to cover the cost of volunteers travel costs, lunch etc.

I hope to get a list of those who can kindly offer their help so that I can give you all enough notice in advance. We really do appreciate it. :-* :-*

Honda_Star
24-05-11, 11:03 PM
pics and review available here peeps....
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1303060586/22#22 :) :)