PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me fix a bike???

Talan
25-05-11, 04:43 PM
Hi there, as some of you will know I run The Bike Experience, which is a charity that helps teach disabled motorcyclists how they can ride again. We have had received a high number of applications to attend, so need to double up on the days. The GSXR600 proved a bit difficult as the bars are so low, which meant a lot of weight being put on wrists (as all riders so far are paralysed). Therefore I have got hold of a 1999 SV650, which is a bit more sat up. However, it needs a basic service, change of oil,plugs etc. I have done the air filter, but as I paralysed too, I can only use one hand to operate whilst the other steadies me. Is there anyone in the Bath area that has good mechanical knowledge to help me get the bike sorted. We are also going to put on the Kliktronic gear shifter. I have my other SV650 with the gear shifter fitted, sat next to it, so we are going to copy across the wiring set up. I would use a mechanic, but I have no money, the main sponsor for the charity pulled out a week before the first rider came, and I am bank-rolling the entire project. I don't earn any money and am living off my disability benefit, so that's about £400 a month. As you can see, I'm not a wealthy man! I would really appreciate your help, to come down for a day's work on the bike. I can make decent coffee and supply decent biscuits. Can you email me on tskeelspiggins@hotmail.com. Cheers. Talan

stretchie_
25-05-11, 04:54 PM
I'm more than happy to you help you with basic maintenance mate.

I would like to add that I am not a mechainc but a home spannerer and been doing my own maintenance on my cars and bikes for about 5-6 years now.

I will not be offended if I got ditched for a better and more experienced helper, I'd probably still be willing to come down for the banter

; )

All depends on if I am free when you need me (even if it is a pointy SV : ) ).

FJ_Biker
25-05-11, 04:54 PM
Have you tried contacting NADB? I know they are quite active in the area

http://www.nabd.org.uk/

squirrel_hunter
25-05-11, 05:52 PM
More than happy to help.

Like Stretchie I'm a hommechanicic. Been working on my bikes for some 12+ years and riding/ crashing/ repairing SV650's for about 8 of them.

Let me know if/ when/ where...

silly_simon
25-05-11, 06:50 PM
More than happy to help if I can :)

Again not a qualified mechanic but have been home spannering for more years than I can bear to think about :D

Jon_W
26-05-11, 09:26 AM
Am happy to help where needed. :)

Talan
26-05-11, 04:18 PM
Many thanks for all your offers. I have now got a couple of knowledge-able types coming over and we'll have a go at connecting up all the bits. May well take you up on your offers at a later time if that's ok.

Hope all are well and avoiding the showers, I got caught in a massive downpour just as I decided to get in the car. Me, the chair and the door/inside car are still damp!

Talan