PDA

View Full Version : Examiners....

SueZX4
26-05-11, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to post this!

There seem to be quite a few of us that have experienced problems and a bit of an attitude from one examiners at the Bristol MPTC.

I'm not going to mention any names, other my own, but wondered if enough of us were willing to share our experiences, or anything, with this said examiner, perhaps we could send a letter of some sort to the dsa, offering "constructive criticism" about the way that this person reacts to learners on their tests. (I'm sorry, I'm trying to be incredibly PC here, and not sure if it's worded right!) I appreciate that everything has to be right, as in dots on the "i"s and crossing the "t"s, but there are ways of going about it that would make test candidates (not going to put "testees" - I did read that thread, lol!) more relaxed and comfortable whilst taking their test.

I feel it's only fair to current learners that something should be said, as his attitude is enough to frighten people off learning to ride for life!

All comments welcomed!

Jacde
26-05-11, 12:59 AM
You are effectively their customer when you go the the test centre for either Mod1 or 2 (or even a driving test) and you should expect a certain level of customer care and satisfaction.
The gentleman in question is providing a very poor standard of customer care and he shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, especially as you are paying an awful lot of money for the pleasure of spending time in his company.
I was lucky to take my tests in Swindon and therefore didn't have to put up with the particular chap, but I hope those of you that have had the misfortune to have dealings with him are brave enough to complain, his little quip of 'I'm a civil servant, I don't need to put up with this' is a load of bull and his attitude to some learners really needs to be brought to someone's attention.

Gerry
26-05-11, 09:53 AM
I think that’s a great idea.
The problem is that once people have got a pass they just mark him up as a tosser and don’t think about him anymore. That’s fine, but it still leaves him making a long stream of other newbies lives a hell, and it will for years if nothing is done about it.

How about a formal letter of compliant sent to the head of testing at Bristol with a copy to the body that controls the UK centres. Ideally signed, or in the name of, as many people you can get to endorse it.
A letter from one person, even on behalf of a club will just look like a personal grievance.

I think this is really important, as although I didn’t have him when I took my DAS a couple of years ago I remember how stressful it was, and I’ve also seen the effect on other people who were unfortunate enough get him.

From what I hear this man is abusing his power and he ought to be taken down a peg or two for the sake of the people he’s going to be testing in years to come.

Cheers
Gerry

Mark_Able
26-05-11, 09:12 PM
The trouble with said examiner, is he is doing everything by the book. He dosen't have to display a personality. I can tell you now, the DSA will back him, because in their eyes he has done nothing wrong. If he was abusive or agressive, they would do something about it. I think having your head up your arse helps you to get on in the DSA... :(