PDA

View Full Version : Bike meets

Tongy
26-05-11, 10:16 AM
Just like to say thankyou to Paul &Karen for the enjoyable chat yesterday at H&C. I had been there for over an hour and am a little shy at introducing myself to groups. I know it's not personal, but if someone arrives on their own ( ie not in a group) it can be quite intimidating. How about us all trying to look out for those at meets who look a bit lost.

Scotty
26-05-11, 03:51 PM
Or you could simply approach a group of people and introduce yourself - we are an open and welcoming community, you don't need an invitation you know...

Geordie Stu
26-05-11, 04:18 PM
While in conversation with friends its difficult to look out for Newbies & there are always new faces on rides & meets. We are a friendly bunch.

Dabz
26-05-11, 04:33 PM
a good place to start at the h&c is to find the landlord and take the piss out of him having a girls name

Green Man
26-05-11, 04:35 PM
a good place to start at the h&c is to find the landlord and take the piss out of him having a girls name

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scotty
26-05-11, 05:54 PM
Yeah, he's an easy one to spot, tall bloke, looks a bit like a boxer, just walk up and ask if he's the one with the girl's name ;D ;D ;D

smellygerm
26-05-11, 06:48 PM

yeah just come over and ask ,i'll be the one holding a big knife and cutting a new ,i like boys tattoo into dabz's ass cheecks ;D ;D

Jon_W
27-05-11, 10:29 AM
Speaking for myself, I know what Tongy means. It is VERY difficult to approach a group of people you do not know and introduce yourself.

There does need to be a concerted effort on the part of all of us to make newbs feel welcome. Is all too easy just to fall into conversation with the same people.

Gis us another go Tongy.

:)

Dabz
27-05-11, 10:40 AM

yeah just come over and ask ,i'll be the one holding a big knife and cutting a new ,i like boys tattoo into dabz's ass cheecks ;D ;D

any excuse to get my bare ass into your hands eh Stace? ;)

Dabz
27-05-11, 10:41 AM
Speaking for myself, I know what Tongy means. It is VERY difficult to approach a group of people you do not know and introduce yourself.

There does need to be a concerted effort on the part of all of us to make newbs feel welcome. Is all too easy just to fall into conversation with the same people.

Gis us another go Tongy.

On a serious note, gotta agree here. As a shy person I don't tend to speak to anyone that I don't already know which isn't the best way to meet new people!

Roxy
27-05-11, 10:53 AM

Gis us another go Tongy.

On a serious note, gotta agree here. As a shy person I don't tend to speak to anyone that I don't already know which isn't the best way to meet new people!

Completely agree with the above but it is hard to know who is new and who's not. We have so many newbies floating around that it can be hard at meets to work out who's who.

I know I am the biggest chatterbox going and will talk to anyone (well almost!) so I will try to keep an eye out in future. I did introduce myself to what I thought was a new member at the H&C last wednesday , only to find out it was slowr1der!!! and I had met him before!! ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D Sorry Si :-*

Tongy - please come along to another meet and if I see a lonesome soul wandering I will grab ya and chat for England until you get bored! ;D ;D

Roxy :)

Scotty
27-05-11, 11:11 AM
See what you're letting yourself in for now? You'll wish you hadn't asked.... ::) ::) ::) ;) ;) ;)

Roxy
27-05-11, 12:00 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/Medical%20health%20sick%20ill%20related/sick0010.gif whatever hopalong ;D ;D

bubblylittleme
27-05-11, 05:57 PM
Started this thread back a while ago
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1299697296

so that we can introduce ourselves on here with photos and hopefully us Wbikers that aren't afraid of talking to newbies can go up and say hi....

BB
27-05-11, 06:14 PM

Gis us another go Tongy.

Completely agree with the above but it is hard to know who is new and who's not. We have so many newbies floating around that it can be hard at meets to work out who's who.

I know I am the biggest chatterbox going and will talk to anyone (well almost!) so I will try to keep an eye out in future. I did introduce myself to what I thought was a new member at the H&C last wednesday , only to find out it was slowr1der!!! and I had met him before!! ;D ;D ::) ;D ;D Sorry Si :-*

Tongy - please come along to another meet and if I see a lonesome soul wandering I will grab ya and chat for England until you get bored! ;D ;D

Roxy :)

So when you rock up at the H&C next and get approached by a blond bird in leathers you will know who it is! ;D ;D

BB

BB
27-05-11, 06:20 PM
It's not so easy to approach people on the off chance they are there for 'your' meet - I recently approached a guy at the Dog & Fox who was wearing a Manx GP fleece who I felt I sort of recognised assuming he was there for the Bath Classic meet. Turned out he was a local who just happened to turn up on a Wednesday instead of his usual Thursday :-[ He also happened to be an ex Manx GP racer so we had a good chat anyway :)

BB

Tongy
29-05-11, 12:21 PM
Will def give it another go

jpssantos
29-05-11, 08:39 PM
one day i'll make it to one of this meetings!

thing is, as i dont post much, probably no one even knows who I am! lol