PDA

View Full Version : 2 bike trailer - carrying 1 bike?

jpssantos
30-05-11, 06:24 PM
quick question people...

I have a 2 bike trailer, can carry up to 650Kg, the 2 channels are side by side and in the middle is where the ramp is stored..

I need to take my bike from Newbury to Andover (16miles A roads), then load a mate R1 and go to Mallory Park...

Can I carry my bike, on one side of the trailer? or do I need to get the bike in the middle?

Its a pain to move the channels, but will do it if I have to, but what's your views? would it be ok just for the short journey to Andover?

Once its bike is on the trailer, then it will balanced for the big journey to Mallory..

thanks
JP

mick_benson
30-05-11, 08:36 PM
it should be ok with just the one on one side i have seen it done lots of times

jaagsxr
30-05-11, 09:13 PM
I have a three bike one and when I put two bikes on it ,one heavier than the other I usually load the lighter side up with some kit too even the weight up :)

Ryan
30-05-11, 09:34 PM
should be fine, they are build to be stable, just dont take the cornors to quick, i know they are sharp on that road being an andovairian myself ;)

jpssantos
30-05-11, 10:13 PM
Andovairian! lol (is that a word?)

just been talking to a mate and he tells me he takes his bike on a 2 bike trailer all the way to Pembrey....

should be alright, not going to boom it down the A roads anyway... thanks for the replies guys!

Ryan
30-05-11, 10:36 PM
It is indeed a word, all the fellow andovairians use it :P