PDA

View Full Version : E marked exhaust stickers. :)

470four
30-05-11, 01:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140554378877&ssPageNam e=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123#ht_1408wt_1139

Im not saying these are a good thing or a bad thing - but it may help sway Plod if you get spotchecked & have a vocal can/cans, especially if you accidently put them over the "For Race Use Only" legend... ;)

I've just ordered two for the new Yosh cans on the Doocat, MOT late June... :)

spudgun
30-05-11, 02:44 PM
Just grind & polish the stamp out, no need for any stickers then!

Dave_R1
30-05-11, 11:10 PM
IMHO they're a bit pointless; the 5% of officers who give a stuff about race cans will know enough to know they're race cans with an eBay sticker!

A better plan is simply to be considerate with where/when you 'give it it's voice' (not saying you aren't already!) and prevent the issue arising.

All IMHO :) :)

Ryan
30-05-11, 11:21 PM
great idea! IMHO lol :)

470four
31-05-11, 11:13 AM
IMHO they're a bit pointless; the 5% of officers who give a stuff about race cans will know enough to know they're race cans with an eBay sticker!

A better plan is simply to be considerate with where/when you 'give it it's voice' (not saying you aren't already!) and prevent the issue arising.

All IMHO :) :)

Granted... if they are hid behind a bush / driveway eating doughnuts then who's to know? Your average plod will check:

Tyres
Tax
Online paperwork check (insurance, MOT, actually your bike...)
How bl@@dy loud it is... :D

"Little noisy there, Sir? We heard you change down two roundabouts away?"

"Cans it came with Officer? Look, E marked!" ;)

Personally they have it all backwards if you ask me...

MOT exhaust tests should be held as a rolling & static(tickover/throttle blip) two part test before a minimum 3 people, seated & holding up scorecards for:

Exhaust note pleasantness (crisp, barking/distinctive tone)

Good bass note (makes your eyes & earlobes wobble when the bike is ridden by, also temporary deafness)

Mucho Thumpo (clear and authoritive tickover beats, none of this muffled lawnmover wuffly crap)

Bike to fail if its sounds like a CG125 or other putt-putt wimpo steed.

There. All hail the Doocat.

Dave_R1
31-05-11, 12:39 PM
LMAO! I think that would be an ace idea!!

In the interests of transparency I should probably point out i'm a 'regular plod' as you put it, (e.g. Response as opposed to Trafpol) and you're quite right about what will be checked on a stop. I'd most likely compliment you on the sound of the Duc, but if you tried telling me the sticker was genuine you'd be told not to take the piss ;) LOL

For what it's worth, my '03 R1 that, until Saturday, I owned for 5 years came with a full Akra carbon/Ti system which also had a dodgy E mark sticker on it - I was only ever pulled over on it once (by Traffic - for exuberant filtering ;)) and it wasn't even mentioned. Had it have been, I wouldn't have tried pulling the wool over his eyes as it's unlikely to be convincing LOL. Before the R1 I had a TL1000R with twin race pipes - I imagine your Duc sounds similar to that e.g. bloody loud and spits flames? ;D

The way i've always looked at it, unless you're bouncing off the limiter past people's houses at 3am, then you're doing no harm, and loud pipes save lives. All IMHO, not necessarily the opinion of my employers etc etc etc.

:)

Dave

470four
31-05-11, 04:23 PM
LMAO! I think that would be an ace idea!!

In the interests of transparency I should probably point out i'm a 'regular plod' as you put it, (e.g. Response as opposed to Trafpol) and you're quite right about what will be checked on a stop. I'd most likely compliment you on the sound of the Duc, but if you tried telling me the sticker was genuine you'd be told not to take the piss ;) LOL

For what it's worth, my '03 R1 that, until Saturday, I owned for 5 years came with a full Akra carbon/Ti system which also had a dodgy E mark sticker on it - I was only ever pulled over on it once (by Traffic - for exuberant filtering ;)) and it wasn't even mentioned. Had it have been, I wouldn't have tried pulling the wool over his eyes as it's unlikely to be convincing LOL. Before the R1 I had a TL1000R with twin race pipes - I imagine your Duc sounds similar to that e.g. bloody loud and spits flames? ;D

The way i've always looked at it, unless you're bouncing off the limiter past people's houses at 3am, then you're doing no harm, and loud pipes save lives. All IMHO, not necessarily the opinion of my employers etc etc etc.

:)

Dave

All so true, Mate! :)

It does tend to part traffic like the Red Sea, my mate thought it was a helicopter landing when I pulled up in his back garden... :D

No point being dayglo if they havent / can't see you anyway?

Have to rely on other senses... ;)

Dave_R1
31-05-11, 07:00 PM
Haha. Excellent. I've always wanted a Ducati, but not yet gotten around to it :)

I'll keep an eye out for a flame-spitting Ducati around Trowbridge :)

Scotty
01-06-11, 12:32 PM
If dealing with the infamous PC Williamson in the Trowbridge area it probably wouldn't matter what you were riding and how legal it was.... >:( ::)

470four
01-06-11, 12:50 PM
If dealing with the infamous PC Williamson in the Trowbridge area it probably wouldn't matter what you were riding and how legal it was.... >:( ::)

Lol probably not... I am always keen to bypass that carwash in Westbury. :D

Dave_R1
01-06-11, 05:09 PM
Now I'm really confused?!?

Ryan
02-06-11, 12:21 AM
what is it with this pc Williams bloke someone care to share?

470four
02-06-11, 03:46 PM
what is it with this pc Williams bloke someone care to share?

He is a (radio edit)jobsworth plod in and around Westbury, usually pulling bikes in and fine-toothcombing them until he can find something wrong, usually undersized plates and /or loud pipes...

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1301777243/0

Nice to know our Council tax is going towards catching real real criminals & not road-salt & new tarmac. ::)

Usually skulking around near the carwash down by the tesco express in Westbury?

Avoid. ;)