PDA

View Full Version : L platers

Hazel-nut
05-06-11, 11:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone else on here is on L plates or if it's just me :P

wi77y
05-06-11, 03:27 PM
Everyone is moving on hazel come with before they change the test again and make it harder lol ......

Hazel-nut
05-06-11, 04:24 PM
I will join you all eventually :P money is a bit of an issue with me atm

SueZX4
07-06-11, 06:17 PM
know that feeling very very well. I ended up doing my tests etc through a credit card :( Figured the DSA wouldn't accept payment in installments! Making up for it now though by saving money using bike instead of the big heavy old diesel galaxy I've got, am just waiting for someone to invent a way of carrying/attaching a Henry Hoover to the bike and then I'll be well and truly made!!!! :)

NoYou
07-06-11, 09:01 PM
awww.. think you could be the only one left :( can't think of anyone else who's on plates at the mo. Sure you'll get there soon enough and then abandon that 125 like everyone else does :p
GEo

Taylor86
07-06-11, 09:09 PM
Do you want a tow on the back of my 33bhp beast? :)

Your Lucky Ladybug is a gorgeous bike anyway so it's not gonna be unpleasant being on L plates for a while 8-)

virginie_morisot
07-06-11, 09:13 PM
I bet there will be other l-plates joining the forum soon enough ! I'm sure Hazel will get rid of them when timing right for her, in the meantime just make the most of gettingplenty pf practice and have fun :)

Beamer
07-06-11, 09:17 PM
I bet there will be other l-plates joining the forum soon enough ! I'm sure Hazel will get rid of them when timing right for her, in the meantime just make the most of gettingplenty pf practice and have fun :)

Totally agree Vivi....you will be ready when you're ready and thats that.
Enjoy the practising...best thing I did was sticking with Pez for so long, such a confidence builder my lovely.....plus you are extra special now :) :) :)

Taylor86
07-06-11, 09:18 PM
I spent a year on my 125 before doing my mod 2... definitely gave me loads more confidence!!

wi77y
07-06-11, 09:20 PM
yea had mine 125 for year n half before test dose help alot !

Hazel-nut
07-06-11, 09:26 PM
I'm proud of my L plates :)
I have only had my bike a few months so don't see the point of doing the test and getting rid of it just yet! I don't get out as much as I would like with all the weekends I'm working now :( just wish I had somewhere to put my leathers and helmet so I can ride to work as it's an amazing road going into longleat

BB
07-06-11, 09:40 PM
They must have somewhere you could store your kit, you can't be the only biker there?

Do a bit of badgering and see if they can find somewhere :)

BB

bobf279
07-06-11, 10:45 PM
Where would you put your coat?

Ryan
08-06-11, 01:20 AM
We all have to start somewhere i remember my days of being 16 on my first 50cc ped on the road, best days of my life tuning the nuts off that thing ;D

This is why i respect all the scooterboys with there loud pipes an that, was me once ;D i even had coff coff neons ahem coff coff on my ped ;D

Ryan
08-06-11, 01:20 AM
Oh and a car stereo with PC speakers under the seat ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
08-06-11, 07:46 AM
I'm proud of my L plates :)
I have only had my bike a few months so don't see the point of doing the test and getting rid of it just yet! I don't get out as much as I would like with all the weekends I'm working now :( just wish I had somewhere to put my leathers and helmet so I can ride to work as it's an amazing road going into longleat

Can't you get some panniers on the 125???

Who cares about the L plates anyhow? Your riding, that's the main thing. Just get on and put some miles under the wheels!!! :)

Dabz
08-06-11, 08:04 AM
why doesn't that surprise me :P

Kevinb
08-06-11, 08:53 AM
Who remembers graphic equalizers?
I had one because the tape player in my Marina Coupe had about as much go in it as the engine.
Lots of leds and speakers bolted to the pacel shelf. Motorhead and Iron Maiden blasting out.
Memories.

Nokesy
08-06-11, 09:13 AM
just wish I had somewhere to put my leathers and helmet so I can ride to work

I've heard over-sized handbags are still in fashion - there must be somewhere to put that?! ;)

Loops
08-06-11, 05:58 PM
I'm still on my 125! ;D So no-one needs to feel left out because they're still a learner on a little bike

And Oxford do their 'First Time' panniers which is what I have on mine - they fix on using the pillion seat and anywhere else you can attach a strap! I can fit my Helmet and gloves in one side and trousers and jacket in the other, then I only have to worry about somewhere for the boots and back protector :) Those might work for you too Hazel

Hazel-nut
08-06-11, 07:22 PM
I have my own locker as of yesterday but they aren't very big and I definitely wouldn't fit my helmet in it!the staff room is also the stock room so i cant just leave me stuff in there either :-/ I suppose i could get a top box for my helmet :-/

Yay for us on 125s Loops :)

BB
09-06-11, 07:35 AM
We have skinny lockers at work too. Can't fit a helmet in so it lives on the top or under your desk. I know you haven't got a desk tho' :)

BB