PDA

View Full Version : Kriega

@bj
20-05-11, 01:30 PM
Wales Trip looks really good - unfortunatly can't make it due to other commitments...

However - the Kriega thing caught my eye (I'm guessing that the - in association with... is just a joke..?)

Had a look at the web site - no dealers in wiltshire..!! Have to travel a little further if I want to eyeball the stuff...

So there's several different packages/configurations - my question is to anybody that knows/has experience which package to go for (maximising luggage space) for:

a) No pillion
b) With pillion

igbell
20-05-11, 01:37 PM
Sorry only have used Cargo and Givi kit

Roxy
20-05-11, 02:01 PM
Yes 'in association with' is just a joke as a large number of us have Kriega packs.

From my own experience I can't say anything other than good things about them. I have a US20 and a US10. They both strap to the rear seat on the Ars6 individually or combined (the US10 fits on top or on the side of the US20) I'm just back from the French moto gp and I took combined US30 and got everything in (with a bit of a squeeze cos I take far too much! ;D) They perform well, fit securely on the bike and I never worry about them at high speed. I did however notice that my US20 had a small tear on the top seam when I got home :( so I called Kriega and they very quickly said send it straight back and they will replace it under warrenty which I am very impressed with.

SO if you are looking for simple luggage with a great name, fits well, stores everything you need for a few days away then buy yourself a set. It's not cheap but in my eyes it's well worth it.

Roxy :)

Dabz
20-05-11, 02:08 PM
Yes 'in association with' is just a joke as a large number of us have Kriega packs.

From my own experience I can't say anything other than good things about them. I have a US20 and a US10. They both strap to the rear seat on the Ars6 individually or combined (the US10 fits on too or on the side of the US20) I'm just back from the French moto gp and I took combined US30 and got everything in (with a bit of a squeeze cos I take far too much! ;D) They perform well, fit securely on the bike and I never worry about them at high speed. I did however notice that my US20 had a small tear on the top seam when I got home :( so I called Kriega and they very quickly said send it straight back and they will replace it under warrenty which I am very impressed with.

SO if you are looking for simple luggage with a great name, fits well, stores everything you need for a few days away then buy yourself a set. It's not cheap but in my eyes it's well worth it.

Did you mean on top? :D :D :D ;) ;D

Roxy
20-05-11, 02:11 PM

From my own experience I can't say anything other than good things about them. I have a US20 and a US10. They both strap to the rear seat on the Ars6 individually or combined (the US10 fits on too or on the side of the US20) I'm just back from the French moto gp and I took combined US30 and got everything in (with a bit of a squeeze cos I take far too much! ;D) They perform well, fit securely on the bike and I never worry about them at high speed. I did however notice that my US20 had a small tear on the top seam when I got home :( so I called Kriega and they very quickly said send it straight back and they will replace it under warrenty which I am very impressed with.

Did you mean on top? :D :D :D ;) ;D

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH you got me guv!!!! nice one RS! :-* :-* [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] LOL

Roxy xxx :-*

Dabz
20-05-11, 02:13 PM
finally!! :D xxx

Roxy
20-05-11, 02:14 PM
finally!! :D xxx

It's taken a long time but yes you got me at last! ::) ;D xxx

wiltshire builders
20-05-11, 02:22 PM
I use a US20 and an R25 rucksack. It's enough storage for a week away and the rucksuck is amazing. I use it for MTB riding too. I can't recomend the Dainese shop on Old Market in Bristol enough. They're so helpful. I can't recomend Hein Gericke on Stoke Croft at all. They're a bunch of pr*cks.
Hope this helps.

@bj
20-05-11, 03:12 PM
Had a Givi system on previous bike (Blackbird) although I still have the cases - Givi don't make a rack for the Kawasaki - you have to get the Kawasaki system if you want a hard case system... at £700+ a pop - thought I would leave things on hold until I felt that I really needed a luggage system.

Now thinking about camping hols on the bike - the Kriega kit may hold a possible alternative... although may seem expensive - it's all relative - far cheaper than the Kawasaki pannier system...

I guess really I need to get my ass down to the Dainese shop and do some hands on evauation - thanks for the tip regarding Hein Gericke - been there before - though not for many years...

DaytonaDog
20-05-11, 03:18 PM
I too two have a US20 and US10 and highly recommend them. They are very versatile and easy to fit to the bike in varying combinations. You can also buy a tank strap so that you can us them as a tank bag, although I have never used one as i have a baglux system, however I suspect that you would only want to use one bag on the front.

I got mine from Hein Gereke in Southampton.

Uber Dave
20-05-11, 04:14 PM
I have a US20, the R25 rucksack and now the bum bag too. Cant fault them to be honest, water proofing is excellent, got very wet on the way back home last month and my kit was all fine when I got back.

The R25 is easily the best bag I have worn on a bike, does not shift about at all and amazingly comfy on long trips when setup right as there is so little weight on your shoulders!

BB
20-05-11, 06:44 PM
Ghost uses his US20 everyday on his commute to Fawley and has done for a couple of years. Stuffs all sorts in it and it's never leaked or anything. He also uses it as luggage for touring etc. I've got an R15 & R25 rucksacks and an R3 bumbag. All excellent kit. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Got all mine 2nd hand off EBay.

BB

Gerry
20-05-11, 06:53 PM
As these have been endorsed by a number of respected club members on here I thought I might invest in a set for Wales.

From the name, I assumed that they were hand made by a select team of Bavarian Craftsmen that had been employed at great cost by an old established German company.

Each one lovingly made from the same soft, but strong, leather that was far to good to go to the lederhosen factory down the road. Hand crafted by an old grey haired moustachioed gentleman who smoked a pipe whilst he tapped, tapped away with his little trusty hammer.

Now I find that they are made in a factory not far away from Liverpool next door to The Boneyard Skatepark. Probably by a shell suited bloke named Stan and his mate Shagger.

I’m just going to keep my eBay specials and hope it doesn’t rain ;D

Gerry ;)

PS. May take a couple of free Tesco carrier bags just in case :-/

@bj
20-05-11, 07:36 PM
Nice bit 'o prose Gerry - you forgot to mention that Stan & Shagger have perms anna tash... dey do dough don't dey dough..?

Tesco carrier bags have ventilation holes in them - just thought you might wanna know that...

Gerry
20-05-11, 09:54 PM
Nice bit 'o prose Gerry - you forgot to mention that Stan & Shagger have perms anna tash... dey do dough don't dey dough..?

Tesco carrier bags have ventilation holes in them - just thought you might wanna know that...

I used to go out with a girl named Anna Tash - but that's another story ;D

The holes are no problem, but thank you for bringing them to my attention Oakley [smiley=thumbup.gif]

In my part time job at the calender manufacturers we have to laminate the Pamela Anderson ones, and I get to punch the holes out for the binder, so I have lots of little round laminated O's I can get hold of.
All I need to do is to carefully place them over the vent holes (which incidently and an excellent idea in case somebody puts a baby or well loved pet in one to go shopping or something) and sellotape over them.

Obviously I would then need to put some type of warning label on them as you couldn't use them for the above purpose (pets / babies etc) but i can pinch a marker pen from work no problem or Basher can loan me one from his huge collection.

Or I could go to Morrisons instead !

Anyway, it never rains in Wales ;)

G :)

Roxy
21-05-11, 10:23 AM
Gerry...you are a nutter!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Loves ya!

Roxy xx

Roxy
14-06-11, 10:44 AM
Just an update on my faulty Kriega US20 :(

I returned it to Kriega as the stitching had come undone slightly when I was at Le Mans (possibly due to the mahooosive amount of luggage I managed to get into it plus the GHD's ;D ;D). Well a few days ago a brand spanking new US20 dropped through the frontdoor. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Very impressed with Mr. Kriega, great customer service, kept me updated and no arguements whatsoever, replacement issued... Thank you very much! :-* [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy

Dabz
14-06-11, 11:23 AM
blimey it's unusual to get such good customer service - I wonder whether the cheaper brands like Oxford etc would do the same?

Time to hit ebay and see about a tailpack ready for cornwall

Chappers
14-06-11, 07:50 PM
blimey it's unusual to get such good customer service - I wonder whether the cheaper brands like Oxford etc would do the same?

Not sure Oxford is cheaper relative to Kriega - only when it gets to end / out of season and the retailers discount 50%. Well done again Kriega [smiley=thumbsup.gif] (but then they had me at 'hello' :-* :-* :-*)

Jon_W
15-06-11, 07:23 AM
Result!!!! :)

BB
15-06-11, 07:44 AM
Always knew they were good! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB