PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be selling my bike :(

mcicy
16-06-11, 12:02 PM
Well no matter how I budget, shift money ask my wife to sell our son (she wouldn't even discuss this option), I will have to sell the ZX9R. I can keep it til August so will still make a few meets and will definately be at the Calne bike show but after that it has to go into the trade it and ebay in the hope of making enough money to cover bills and reduce out outgoings on insurance and running costs while the wife is on maternity leave.

Still I live in hope that when she goes back to work I might be able to get a little bike to play with, something cheap to run (the 9 is a little cash drinker when it comes to tires, fuel and tax)

:( [smiley=cry.gif]

Ryan
16-06-11, 05:08 PM
That totaly sucks dude :( i dont think i could bring myself to do it, but i gusse you have to in family commitment situations, :-/

Iceman
16-06-11, 08:40 PM
Yeh I agree.That sucks! I sold a bike a few years ago and thought I would not miss it much! A few months down the road and I kicked myself and started pining for another! Been that way ever since going back some 35 years on & off! Once a biker always a biker!
....regards :)

redken1
16-06-11, 08:56 PM
Feel for you, I was in the same situation with my 750 Honda when my son was born in 1986. You can take the blood out of the man, but you can't take the biker out of his blood.

BB
16-06-11, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

BB

Gerry
16-06-11, 11:28 PM
Sad I agree :(

But I (and Im sure many others) would give up both bikes & both cars to turn back time and have a young family again, your'e really lucky.

Try to look at what you have rather than what your'e losing.
You can always get another bike in the futue.

Not meaning to lecture you mate, just a little jealous of your new family as it was the best time of my life.

Gerry

Jon_W
17-06-11, 08:11 AM
Jeez.... not good. :(

But as said above, you can always get another bike when funds allow.

Caz
17-06-11, 11:58 AM
Its hard at the moment for everyone with the cost of living and as Gerry says you are lucky to have a young family so they are no. 1 priority. You can always come back to biking later on like us ;D. Good luck to you and your family :)

Scaredy_Cat
17-06-11, 12:41 PM
Sorry you've got to sell your bike, but I'm sure your little boy will make it all worthwhile :)

mcicy
17-06-11, 12:41 PM
Luckily I have an uncle who is king at finding cheap bikes so with some luck I might get another one in a year or 2, just sucks as I love using it during the summer and I'd just started coming to the rideout and H&C nights

Jon_W
17-06-11, 01:32 PM
You uncle sounds a good chap. I'm sure you'll be up and about soon.

Squashed_Fly
17-06-11, 02:42 PM
What year is it? Would you consider a swap/part ex to a 6? Cheaper on fuel, tyres & insurance etc so woudn't give you a lump sum, but would be cheaper to run