PDA

View Full Version : Marauding Wiltshire's streets?

redken1
15-06-11, 07:10 PM
No offence intended towards any WB cruiser owners, but as a performance junkie since my teens, I always said that they would have to section me in a straightjacket before I’d be seen riding a cruiser. Well either I’ve mellowed with age or it’s time to call the medics because it looks like I may have acquired a Suzuki 800cc Marauder. My sister who lives in Carlisle called to offer me the gift which is now surplus to her requirements.

I must confess that I’m not that clued up on the Marauder, but I do know that it is a V twin. As many of you are aware I have been looking out for a winter hack and this could fit the bill.

I would welcome any comments. In the performance stakes, is it on a par with my FZ1 Fazer? :P Will it handle like my old CBR 600 Honda? :P

Squashed_Fly
15-06-11, 08:00 PM
Can't compare it to your bikes, but my dads bike before the accident was one of those and I've ridden it a few times. VERY comfortable to ride, nice power delivery and an altogether very relaxed ride.

Perfect for a man of advancing maturity! :P ;D

Jon_W
16-06-11, 08:05 AM
Don't worry Ken the men in white coats are coming!!!! ;D

ChrisJo
16-06-11, 01:15 PM
I see from your profile you a little older than me, and I'm old ;D

I pick up my Intruder 1800 this weekend and I can't wait.... Much nicer than any plastic rocket. Each to thier own :)

redken1
16-06-11, 06:00 PM
I see from your profile you a little older than me, and I'm old ;D

I pick up my Intruder 1800 this weekend and I can't wait.... Much nicer than any plastic rocket. Each to thier own :)

Chris, to coin a phrase, "You are only as old as you feel." I feel like riding an R1 down to the south of France with Amanda Holden on the back. Keep her up all night and ride back again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
16-06-11, 09:28 PM
You're as old as your hip replacements allow Ken! (you can slap me for that one next time you see me! ;D )

redken1
16-06-11, 09:37 PM
You're as old as your hip replacements allow Ken! (you can slap me for that one next time you see me! ;D )

SF, I'm gonna grow old gracefully and buy an R1 for my 60th birthday. lol ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;)

Look at my old mate JayJay - he rides that triumph like Rossi (within the legal limits of course)

Toph
16-06-11, 10:00 PM
I'm doing it in the wrong order Ken!! ;D
I rode an Aprilia cruiser for years.. now I'm enjoying the handling of a CBR600 , in the future I quite fancy a Blade, or a GSXR thou, or a Z1000,or a fz1 etc .. etc... etc !! ;D 8-)
I should have passed the test 35 years ago mate!!

pilninggas
16-06-11, 10:02 PM
No offence intended towards any WB cruiser owners, but as a performance junkie since my teens, I always said that they would have to section me in a straightjacket before I’d be seen riding a cruiser. Well either I’ve mellowed with age or it’s time to call the medics because it looks like I may have acquired a Suzuki 800cc Marauder. My sister who lives in Carlisle called to offer me the gift which is now surplus to her requirements.

I must confess that I’m not that clued up on the Marauder, but I do know that it is a V twin. As many of you are aware I have been looking out for a winter hack and this could fit the bill.

I would welcome any comments. In the performance stakes, is it on a par with my FZ1 Fazer? :P Will it handle like my old CBR 600 Honda? :P

Don't know if a marauder will be your thing Ken, the riding position is pretty 'conservative' :D

redken1
16-06-11, 10:10 PM

Don't know if a marauder will be your thing Ken, the riding position is pretty 'conservative' :D

I was trying to have a sensible discussion and you have lowered the tone with your foul language. ;D ;D ;D

redken1
16-06-11, 10:17 PM
I'm doing it in the wrong order Ken!! ;D
I rode an Aprilia cruiser for years.. now I'm enjoying the handling of a CBR600 , in the future I quite fancy a Blade, or a GSXR thou, or a Z1000,or a fz1 etc .. etc... etc !! ;D 8-)
I should have passed the test 35 years ago mate!!

Just make up for lost time now Chris. I don't want folk getting the wrong idea - I aint ready for throwing the towel in yet, the Fazer aint going nowhere. ;)

ChrisJo
17-06-11, 07:57 AM
Just take the bike, you might actually enjoy it :)

Go on you know you want too.. :D

Jon_W
17-06-11, 08:05 AM

I was trying to have a sensible discussion and you have lowered the tone with your foul language. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Scotty
17-06-11, 08:15 AM
Will the Meringue not require a bit of an image change Ken? Put on a bit of weight, grow a beard, get some tattoos and some different riding gear; piss-pot helmet, wraparound shades, leather waistcoat and finger-less gloves - then you can become a bro and so begins the slippery descent into wanting to own a Hardly-Worthit..... ::) ::) ::)

Ride on.... ;)

470four
17-06-11, 08:39 AM
Will the Meringue not require a bit of an image change Ken? Put on a bit of weight, grow a beard, get some tattoos and some different riding gear; piss-pot helmet, wraparound shades, leather waistcoat and finger-less gloves - then you can become a bro and so begins the slippery descent into wanting to own a Hardly-Worthit..... ::) ::) ::)

Ride on.... ;)

;D ;D

My saddo retard Uncle (everybody has one... :D) decided at the age of 59 he wanted to have a Harley.

After passing his bike test at the fifth attempt (fourth test aborted after the tester refusing pointblank to have anything to do with him ever again. During this time he was going out on said Harley anyways because "I have been trained so I practically have the licence anyway!" - insurance & other such matters presumably being a sidedish....) he set about having patches sewn onto his jacket, growing an Unfeasibly Large Moustache like that big mofo off of American Choppers and last but not least - a Mullet.

Not even a good one? Looks like a wig! Going bald in the middle anyways so it takes the appearance of a badly sewn set of curtains?

Kinda strange he woke up one day and decided to become - in Westbury no less - a Motorcycle Outlaw. :D

The point in owning a motorcycle is that it is fast & manoeverable - this does not happen with most cruisers & this is NOT California. ;)

Squashed_Fly
17-06-11, 10:09 AM
The point in owning a motorcycle is that it is fast & manoeverable - this does not happen with most cruisers

Try going for a ride with Nick (Viking) before saying that! lol

I've sen that thing keep up with all the but the fastest WBers

470four
17-06-11, 10:15 AM
The point in owning a motorcycle is that it is fast & manoeverable - this does not happen with most cruisers

Try going for a ride with Nick (Viking) before saying that! lol

I've sen that thing keep up with all the but the fastest WBers

Im only too well aware of the Diavel, VMax etc - hence most cruisers... ;)

Squashed_Fly
17-06-11, 10:30 AM
It's neither of those. It's a Victory

Snowy
17-06-11, 10:37 AM
The real question is....

is it the bike, or is it the rider?

ChrisJo
17-06-11, 10:40 AM
Thats what I like about this site - everyones a winner (in their own way... ::))

Jon_W
17-06-11, 10:47 AM
Thats what I like about this site - everyones a winner (in their own way... ::))

;D ;D

redken1
17-06-11, 08:20 PM

Ride on.... ;)

PMSL Spat my tea all over the keyboard. ;D ;D ;D