PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free 22nd June to help The Bike Experience?

Honda_Star
13-06-11, 07:23 PM
Hi All

Doing a recruitment call for anyone who is free on 22nd June and can help out the Bike Experience Charity (9am to 2pm) at Castle Combe.

If you haven't yet heard about this, please see this thread.http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1303060586

We need people to help catch/launch the bikes - its dead simple and you will helping a very worthy cause and helping paraplegics ride a bike again! I think Rossio and Nooj have already offered (thanks guys!!) but we need 4 more people ideally.

Anyone free?!??!? Please let me or Talan know - if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask! :) :) :) :) :)

DaytonaDog
13-06-11, 08:00 PM
Star, if I can persuade my mum to look after the dog, I may be able to help. I let you know either way.

Honda_Star
13-06-11, 08:02 PM
Star, if I can persuade my mum to look after the dog, I may be able to help. I let you know either way.

Lovely - Its that easy even Archie could do it, if it wasn't for his paws. You need a opposable thumbs ideally..... ;D Look forward to hearing from you

Dennis_Sinanan
13-06-11, 08:30 PM
Hey Star,

hope you had a good birthday?

Sadly I have taken myself off the helper list until I am healed.

On the other hand does that mean I now qualify to get on the bike ;D Just joking.

You and Talan keep up the good work and hopefully one of these days soon I will be helping out for real.

take care
Dennis

Nooj
13-06-11, 10:41 PM
I'm in :)

njl
13-06-11, 10:54 PM
Next week's rota's done tomorrow (by me), though I do have a manager off on hols then and i'm sorta off this weekend, might still be do-able

Honda_Star
14-06-11, 10:42 PM
Get well soon Dennis, there are plenty TBE days to come so when you are fit and well it will be good to see you :) :)

I had a good birthday albeit with Gastroentiritis lol! ;D

njl
15-06-11, 05:42 PM
I'm free

DaytonaDog
15-06-11, 06:47 PM
Star, many apologies, my mum has already made plans for the 22nd so I can't assist on this occasion. I would like to help in the future however, so please keep posting when future events are held and assistance is required.

Again my apologies

Honda_Star
15-06-11, 06:48 PM
I'm free

Aw excellent - thanks so much Nick - you are a real angel. :) :) :) :)

Nooj
21-06-11, 06:18 PM
Still on for this tomorrow. Will bring my sun block and my waterproofs.

Nooj
21-06-11, 10:36 PM
Getting excited now, not so much about doing something new, or helping out a good cause, but.... I get to ride my bike somewhere again!

Bornagain
22-06-11, 06:41 PM
Halina - Can you post up the forthcoming dates in advance? With a bit of notice i could do a few of these.

What Talon is doing is awesome and i'd like to support it alot more [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hope it went well today ;)

Nooj
22-06-11, 07:35 PM
Bit soggy to start the day off, but by the time the two guys were ready to hit the track the sun had come out and the track was dry.

Top day out for me, good to get out of the house and onto the bike for a bit. The two riders had a great time I reckon, especially the young lad. As was said at the time, watching them bombing round for the last few laps, you'd never guess there was anything wrong with them. Hopefully they found it to be a thoroughly liberating experience.

njl
22-06-11, 08:47 PM
Halina - Can you post up the forthcoming dates in advance? With a bit of notice i could do a few of these.

What Talon is doing is awesome and i'd like to support it alot more [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hope it went well today ;)

As far as dates go castle Combe is always Wednesday, there will be a session on each of the bike track days upcoming, so will follow schedule on their website. Hope you can come along, well be there to say hello if your on the Wb cc trackday

Honda_Star
23-06-11, 07:22 AM
Take a look at the site...

http://web.me.com/tskeelspiggins/Disabled_Motorcycling/BE_Dates_and_Riders.html

As at today's date, these are the Bike Experience days which are running so far..

Venue Date Booked Riders
Castle Combe 20/04/11 Scott Hillier
Castle Combe 04/05/11 - - - -
Castle Combe 18/05/11 Lindsay Chapman & Chris Dabbs
Castle Combe 08/06/11 Paul Bailey & Chris Dabbs L2
Castle Combe 22/06/11 Jeremy Mitchell & Dan Edwards
Peterborough 02/07/11 Motability Roadshow - stand only
Castle Combe 06/07/11 David Wise & Chris Cochrane
Odiham 09/07/11 Talan (Initial meeting for next year)
Castle Combe 20/07/11 Martin Croucher & Andy Trollope
Calne 23/07/11 Calne Bike Show - stand only
Castle Combe 27/07/11 Phill Hall
Castle Combe 10/08/11 Chris Selway & Luke Delahunty
Castle Combe 24/08/11 Steve Jones & Paul Bailey L2
Castle Combe 07/09/11
Castle Combe 21/09/11
Castle Combe 05/10/11 Sean Rose

Squashed_Fly
23-06-11, 10:53 AM
Halina - I've put in a request for all of the July & Aug weds above (5 days) so will let you know as soon as I know which ones I'm given, if any!