PDA

View Full Version : The joy of old bikes.

Jon_W
23-06-11, 08:15 PM
Just had the great pleasure of renewing the road tax on the Triumph... to the grand tune of £0.00..... suck on that Oiky Ozbourne!!!

How long before the robbing barstewards realise and tax old vehicles to death on "enviromental" grounds remains to be seen.... but, for the time being one tax disc for nada, nowt and nothing.

8-)

Dabz
23-06-11, 09:20 PM
Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car

470four
23-06-11, 10:25 PM
Just had the great pleasure of renewing the road tax on the Triumph... to the grand tune of £0.00..... suck on that Oiky Ozbourne!!!

How long before the robbing barstewards realise and tax old vehicles to death on "enviromental" grounds remains to be seen.... but, for the time being one tax disc for nada, nowt and nothing.

8-)

Im not surprised you dont have to tax it when it spends most of its time in kit form :D :D

BB
24-06-11, 07:32 AM
Zero road tax is good, it's one of the reasons all mine are on the road all year. Now I've sold the Duke I only pay tax on two and they are both only 350's! 8-)

BB

Jon_W
24-06-11, 07:48 AM

8-)

Im not surprised you dont have to tax it when it spends most of its time in kit form :D :D

;D ;D

Jon_W
24-06-11, 07:49 AM
Think me and green man passed you coming into hilperton tonight, we were in the car

Probably. Went out. Was going slowly though!!!!

470four
24-06-11, 08:33 AM

Were you collecting bits from an earlier trip?? :D

Im just a bit put-out the Four doesnt fall into the free tax bracket?? Bikes before 1973, no prob... They dont seem to be adjusting this date as the years go by tho?

Jon_W
24-06-11, 09:17 AM

Were you collecting bits from an earlier trip?? :D

Im just a bit put-out the Four doesnt fall into the free tax bracket?? Bikes before 1973, no prob... They dont seem to be adjusting this date as the years go by tho?

I was originally 25 years old. But the rules were changed very quickly to set a '72 cut off. There's no sign of this being extended I'm afraid.