PDA

View Full Version : Anyone witness a bike being knocked over at Poole?

Nooj
24-06-11, 09:58 AM
Happened on June 21st at the Poole Bike Meet that night, to a distinctive white Aprilia RSV, parked next to a Harley.

As I understand it, the owner came back to find it lying on it's right side with no note of apology or explanation.

Wondered if any of you saw anything as I know a few of you get down there?

The owner's hoping it will have been caught on CCTV, but any more info would be gratefully received!

Dabz
24-06-11, 10:16 AM
Saw the RSV! but it was still standing upright at the time :) nice bike!

slowr1der
24-06-11, 10:37 AM
There are some right t*ssers about, hope the person gets caught on CCTV

Nooj
24-06-11, 07:59 PM
Dabz, can you remember what sort of time that was?

YMFB
24-06-11, 09:35 PM
I didnt see it, but where about was it located.

Nooj
24-06-11, 09:41 PM
Read it again and it sounds like the bike was picked up and not left on it's side?
From the owner:

Hi Guys. Was out at bike night in Poole on Tues 21 June with Mrs on my White RSV. I was parked up at the roundabout in the middle of it all and someone pushed my bike over. I parked next to a Harley and when I got back to my bike at the end of the evening the bar ends, brake lever, exhaust can and link pipe were scratched. The fairing has also taken a battering and I'm gutted! Did anyone see what happened? Any help would be appreciated.

Sadly it was definitely someone who did the deed , I don't expect it was malicious but surely they could have left a note? My suspicions point me towards the Harley rider who was parked next door but will wait and see.....it was kind of them to put the bike back on it's stand though....not.

The bike went over on the right hand side so definitely wasn't caused by the weather, I even adjusted the parking spot to make sure the bike was on it's stand safely due to the camber of the road.

Dabz
25-06-11, 11:37 AM
We were down there from about half 5 until half 7ish I think

YMFB
26-06-11, 10:30 AM
It was certainly very windy !

NoYou
26-06-11, 11:13 PM
Really pisses me off to hear stuff like this... one of the joys of being a biker is the community behind it all, weather its a nod as you pass each other or having a break at the services and having at chat with a random stranger purely because your both bikers ... when people do crap like this it just completely ruins that. How much effort is it just to leave a note with your details on... no doubt their insurance premium was of more concern to them that another guys bike...

Nooj
27-06-11, 12:17 AM
He did wonder if it had just blown over (Aprilia stands are of a crap design and it does happen), but it would have had to have fallen into the wind to sustain the damage that it did.