PDA

View Full Version : Right before Cornwall :(

Squashed_Fly
27-06-11, 10:20 PM
Have had to order a new chain & sprockets today. That's the best part of £100 I could have done without, in a month fraught with debit card fraud, and bank errors so far costing me to the tune of £200 :(

I shall be having a few beers on the trip methinks!

Why do these things always happen at the most inopportune of times?

smellygerm
27-06-11, 10:25 PM
Is that why your selling the go cart for some cash

Green Man
27-06-11, 10:31 PM
Have had to order a new chain & sprockets today. That's the best part of £100 I could have done without, in a month fraught with debit card fraud, and bank errors so far costing me to the tune of £200 :(

Why do these things always happen at the most inopportune of times?

Hope you dint get it from M&P or you could be in for a long wait 8-)

Scotty
27-06-11, 11:52 PM

Seeing as you've just regaled us once again ::) with woeful tales of your abject poverty, can you afford a few beers in Cornwall? Will the IMF foreclose on your credit, or more to the point, will you get it in the neck for blowing more precious wedding funds? :-? :-? :-?

Maybe your forum name should be changed to Greek Fly as you seem to be about as adept at managing money as their government... Before you puff out your feathers with a predictably indignant response about your domestic situation just remember that if you don't like someone taking the piss, don't give them the ammunition by bleating ad nauseam about what rotten luck you're having, it's ****ing boring to be honest...

smellygerm
28-06-11, 12:17 AM
Handbags at dawn ;D

SueZX4
28-06-11, 12:21 AM
Sorry to hear you've been having problems, happens to us all - banks and MPs are in the same funny hand-shake club - out to rip us off! (except perhaps that MP at Glasto!) Chin up, enjoy Cornwall and if beer come in pints in a pub or like us, out of a bottle from Aldi, who cares?!! Enjoy!! ;D

simongpz
28-06-11, 12:22 AM
have a good trip have some pints and enjoy yourself and dont listen to people who have a go about problems your haveing

Nooj
28-06-11, 12:47 AM
As long as you have a bike, there'll always be someone to buy you a beer and lend you a floor to kip on.

Beamer
28-06-11, 06:29 AM
As long as you have a bike, there'll always be someone to buy you a beer and lend you a floor to kip on.

Exactly......or a sofa lol !!

Many of us are facing the same type of financial difficulties but for different reasons etc ...... it's just a case of prioritising hehe

And to be honest, Cornwall has to come pretty near to the top of the list hehehe, as does the bike lol

woo hoo....COUNTDOWN TO CORNWALL IS NEAR COMPLETION....GET YOUR MANKINI'S AND BIKINI'S PACKED PEOPLE....IT'S ALMOST TIME HEHE !!

BB
28-06-11, 07:43 AM

Seeing as you've just regaled us once again ::) with woeful tales of your abject poverty, can you afford a few beers in Cornwall? Will the IMF foreclose on your credit, or more to the point, will you get it in the neck for blowing more precious wedding funds? :-? :-? :-?

Maybe your forum name should be changed to Greek Fly as you seem to be about as adept at managing money as their government... Before you puff out your feathers with a predictably indignant response about your domestic situation just remember that if you don't like someone taking the piss, don't give them the ammunition by bleating ad nauseam about what rotten luck you're having, it's ****ing boring to be honest...

That will be the same sort of boring as you having a holier than thou pop at someone nearly every time they post something on here?

I'm fed up with people on here who seem to spend their lives picking up on what others post, from comments about their financial status to their spelling mistakes!

Grow up people - we are all adults aren't we? Obviously we are all different characters and have different ideas & priorities etc. but there is no need for this petty playground stuff! >:(

BB

jonnydangerous
28-06-11, 07:52 AM
welcome to the club (the skint club!)ive been a member since 1989... hahaha.....
even my pot to p155 in was repossessed :-(

Jon_W
28-06-11, 07:55 AM

MEEEEOOOOWWWW..... I'll get you a saucer of cream to lap up with that one Scotty!!!! ;)

Jon_W
28-06-11, 07:57 AM
I share your pain. Am having a very heavy month!! Isn't good when things throw a costly spanner in the works.

470four
28-06-11, 08:45 AM

MEEEEOOOOWWWW..... I'll get you a saucer of cream to lap up with that one Scotty!!!! ;)

Scotty - harsh but fair! Could have been a bit more subtle (& less sweary...) :D

Squashed Fly - DONT hang out your dirty washing for all to see on a public forum. We all have sh!t to deal with but on a need-to-know basis - we dont need to know. ;)

Jon W - ;D

Who would win between Jon W & Scotty????

Theres only one way to find out! FIIIGGGHHTT!! :D

Jon_W
28-06-11, 08:48 AM
;D

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 08:48 AM
Scotty, it's about as boring as your patronising, condascending, know-it-all attitude to everyone else on this forum.

I wish we could all be as rich, and as wonderful on a bike as you, and have all your knowledge and afford all the track days and new bikes etc, but you know what? We're not all like that.

You don't know anything about my life, or finances, and I'm getting a bit sick of you thinking you're judge and jury over everyone. And by the sounds of it, I'm not the only one. Reign it in mate - if you haven't got anything constructive to offer, then don't bother, as ultimately it's you that ends up looking like the prat.

I was just a bit gutted that's all, that so many things have happened all at once, and wanted to get it off my chest. If you don't like it, don't read and don't comment. No-one's forcing you to. ::)

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 08:49 AM
Is that why your selling the go cart for some cash

That's not mine - that's my bothers, as is the pool table. They've just bought their first house and don't have so much space anymore so getting rid of a few bits.

Kevinb
28-06-11, 08:56 AM
Times are hard. I've had to lay off one of the gardeners and won't be decorating the servants quarters this year ;D

We do all have to cut down. Things like petrol, utilities and food certainly won't be getting any cheaper.

Dabz
28-06-11, 09:03 AM
I'm currently making some extra spending money by ebaying a load of tents, camping equipment and clothes that I found in my garage....

Jon_W
28-06-11, 09:07 AM
I'm currently making some extra spending money by ebaying a load of tents, camping equipment and clothes that I found in my garage....

I've got to do the same with the Mini and Honda junk I have laying around.... It's just time and being ar5ed to calatoge it all.

Nico_babe
28-06-11, 10:03 AM

heheheheheheh

jonnydangerous
28-06-11, 10:09 AM

heheheheheheh

+1! ;D

jaagsxr
28-06-11, 10:12 AM

www.samaritans.org :(

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 10:14 AM

www.samaritans.org :(

They won't answer the phone to me anymore... :(

SueZX4
28-06-11, 10:59 AM
ebay good!! Car boots good too! Did one last year just to pay my phone bill!! Thing is, when you're at rock bottom, there's only one way you can go, back up! I never thought I'd be able to take my bike test let alone own and run my own bike, and yet I've managed it. As I said earlier, chin up, things can and will get better. (cue Monty Python's "Always look on the bright side of life" .....!!) :D :D

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 11:26 AM
Things aren't THAT bad, I was just having a whinge as I've been hit in 3 different places all at once, and right before we go away.

The upside of working from home, is that I work from home!

The downside means that instead of chatting with your colleagues sat next to you, I just chat rubbish on here instead to get it off my chest and p155 scotty off in the process! ;D

jonnydangerous
28-06-11, 11:37 AM
at least "your personal mechanic bitch" is not toooooooo expensive!!!!.... and runs a "tab" system of payment...

Col
28-06-11, 11:40 AM
Yeah why not mate :) Have a good time in Kernow 8-)

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all :D
Being permanently skint is a condition I have learnt to embrace ::)

Nelly
28-06-11, 12:13 PM
Likewise col :(

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 12:17 PM
at least "your personal mechanic bitch" is not toooooooo expensive!!!!.... and runs a "tab" system of payment...

And he's all warm & cuddly.... erm..... [smiley=beer.gif]

Nico_babe
28-06-11, 12:38 PM

And he's all warm & cuddly.... erm..... [smiley=beer.gif]

Get a room you two !!

LOL LOL

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 12:44 PM
Well, the new chain & sprockets arrived this morning. The pain of spending money is always relieved by the sight of shiny bits :)

Uber Dave
28-06-11, 12:52 PM
Well, the new chain & sprockets arrived this morning. The pain of spending money is always relieved by the sight of shiny bits :)

Just make sure the rear wheel goes back in straight or you will need a new tyre half way down to Cornwall ;-)

SueZX4
28-06-11, 12:57 PM
Yay! always good to get an end result and actually see where the money went! ... and, let's face it, have prooved this topic to be very far from the boring one it was described! hehehe! have fun and ride safe!

BladeTriple
28-06-11, 01:18 PM
If it's any consolation SF, I had to spend £131 getting repairs to an Arai yesterday ... by that I mean my bunny 'Arai' needed dental work ... using money I had put aside for a replacement Arai lid after my accident ... such is life kiddo , it's always the way :D

Scotty
28-06-11, 01:33 PM
Granted, I may have been a bit harsh last night, but I ought to correct you on a couple of misconceptions in your backlash...

Scotty, it's about as boring as your patronising, condascending, know-it-all attitude to everyone else on this forum.

I wish we could all be as rich, and as wonderful on a bike as you, and have all your knowledge and afford all the track days and new bikes etc, but you know what? We're not all like that.

You don't know anything about my life, or finances, and I'm getting a bit sick of you thinking you're judge and jury over everyone. And by the sounds of it, I'm not the only one. Reign it in mate - if you haven't got anything constructive to offer, then don't bother, as ultimately it's you that ends up looking like the prat.

I was just a bit gutted that's all, that so many things have happened all at once, and wanted to get it off my chest. If you don't like it, don't read and don't comment. No-one's forcing you to. ::)
My patronising, condescending, know-it-all attitude is only directed towards you, not everyone else on here. ;) I don't post on subjects about which I know nothing, and I quote; "Scottoilers are a total waste of money in my opinion", followed shortly afterwards by "I've never used a Scottoiler" which somewhat devalued the previous statement did it not? What I know about bikes is the result of having done things for myself and learnt along the way, not from hoovering up information from forum pages and google searches.
True, I'm not au fait with the finer details of your finances, but you are forever whining about the matter on these pages - if you don't like a response to it, don't post about it on a public forum.

I'm not rich, I have a job and a mortgage and bills to pay, just like everyone else. Everything that I have, I've earnt and paid for, by myself. New bikes? I haven't bought one of those in seven years. Everything that we decide to do, be it own and ride a bike, do trackdays, get married, have kids, is the product of a conscious choice so we have to live with the consequences of paying for it. My trackbike engine needed a full rebuild this year, something I hadn't expected to deal with, but I didn't whine about how much it cost me did I? (it was quite a bit more than £100) My left knee is wrecked at the moment, leaving me unable to ride a bike properly nor do many of the things that we normally take for granted such as run up a flight of stairs, but you won't find a post by me grizzling about it.

In life, **** happens. Some of us get on and deal with it, others don't.

Chappers
28-06-11, 01:38 PM
You don't know anything about my life, or finances,

Just a minor observation, but in the nearly 1400 posts you've made in a little over half a year, this thread being a classic example, you've made a lot of your life and finances very public.

Maybe some people do like to read your hourly thoughts, but you have to accept that on a public forum there will be many who don't. :-?

Squashed_Fly
28-06-11, 02:00 PM
like I said Scotty - it's you that comes across as sounding like a pratt when you post stuff like that. You come accoss as even more of one, when you feedback information that you think you know, but haven't got a clue, to other people (like Billinom8s) so yes, sometimes we all have opinions on things that we share without knowing 1st hand ALL of the facts.

I, like millions of others, have neither the time, the money, nor the inclination to test every product that I may be interested in to destruction before giving feedback. That's what product reviews & tests are for. If you want a new tele, do you buy one of every kind to see which is the best and return all the others, or do you make informed choices using the experiences and opinions of other people who have already been there and done it before you? I can find you plenty of articles out there that say that Scotoilers are a waste of money for the average rider, and I'm sure there are also opinions to the contrary. Many of which posted by people who have already been there and done it. Hence why I said it WAS MY OPINION.

But you know what, I'm getting pretty ****ing sick of every time I post something, feeling like it's a constant battle. What I posted wasn't contoversial, opinionated, or full of anything that wasn't my direct experience. So you do look like a knob when you're obviously trying to pick a fight all the time with the way you comment.

Oh - and it's not just me that tyou come accross like that to - I've seen you do it to lots of people including Roxy, and she was just as p155ed off about it. People (myself included) do value your opinions on subjects you know about, providing you do it in a constructive way. But when you come accross as 'The Big I Am', then you end up looking like a fool. It's been pointed out in this thread by other members, as it has in plenty of other threads by other people. There's no need for it. Unless you have got some kind of issue - in which case, have the balls to talk to me directly, rather than trying to shout me down every 2 minutes on the forum.

And Chappers - have to disagree there mate. I may have mentioned it once or twice, but in 1400 posts, that accounts for less than 0.5%. Hardly 'all I talk about'. And if you don't want to read what I write, then don't bother. No-one is forcing you to. Whether you do or don't want to read it is your choice.

All I'm saying is there's no need for Scotty's constant attitude problem.

Chappers
28-06-11, 02:14 PM
And Chappers - have to disagree there mate. I may have mentioned it once or twice, but in 1400 posts, that accounts for less than 0.5%. Hardly 'all I talk about'. And if you don't want to read what I write, then don't bother. No-one is forcing you to. Whether you do or don't want to read it is your choice.

No! To avoid having to read your posts I have to stop reading the forum completely, because it feels like you post on everything and interject into every conversation. No one else does that.

I also don't think people will appreciate you bringing them into your arguments. Speak for yourself by all means, but not for others.

Dabz
28-06-11, 02:19 PM
Right, thread locked.

Scotty - the post was a bit bitchy to be honest, reading the thread from beginning to end it's fine and then suddenly "woah wtf where did that come from?"

As usual everyone then jumps to Squashed-Fly-bash

Speaking on behalf of the entire staff team of WB we're sick to death of it.