PDA

View Full Version : Bike test changing (again)...

Mark_Able
27-06-11, 09:11 PM
Lee and I are off to a seminar being held by DSA regarding the latest changes to the bike test. As you may (or may not) be aware, the Module 1 test had a revamp from 16th May, with more flexibility on speed for the two speed measured manouevres. We believe this is to pre-empt a move back to testing on the road, as part of a single module test. Whilst we would welcome a single test, we don't believe the required manouevres can be carried out on the road safely. We'll report more, after the seminar on 6th July. :-/

Dabz
27-06-11, 09:50 PM
It'll be interesting to see what changes are implemented!

Davehsw
27-06-11, 10:35 PM
Your days out sound so exciting. The rest of us are so jealous.

SueZX4
28-06-11, 12:34 AM
Heard about someone doing their driving test 2 weeks ago where they weren't asked to do an emergency stop or turn in the road or reversing around the corner, as apparently it's no longer a requirement....???!!!! How can an emergency stop not be a requirement in a car?? Takes the p*** when you fail mod 1 for not reaching the required speed before doing the emergency stop - or for that matter, stopping with front forks in the centre of that box... Maybe they should introduce a form of mod 1 for cars? not relax it to the extent they don't even have to do these manoevres?

Jon_W
28-06-11, 08:13 AM
No. Testing should be about safety and competancy. In neither the car or motorcycle case should it be reduced to a govermental "tick box" exercise. Why can we not allow instructors and examininers to do their jobs and instruct and/or asses.

Trust me, the bike test going back on the road will be an excuse for more silly and pointless manouvers.

Mark_Able
28-06-11, 07:59 PM
Your days out sound so exciting. The rest of us are so jealous.

If you'd like to come along Dave, I'm sure you'd be most welcome... ;D
Oh hang on. You know what the DSA is all about. Maybe best to stay at home and do something more constructive, like ironing... ::)
Just in case I miss anything important, I might use my dictaphone. But as I think it was Spike Milligan who once said, 'use your finger like everyone else...' ;D