PDA

View Full Version : M&P has burned down

pilninggas
26-06-11, 11:24 PM
In case any of you were planning a run over there or have ordered anything from them :-/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-13918649

SueZX4
26-06-11, 11:28 PM
omg!! guess we won't be ordering anything from them soon then....!

NoYou
26-06-11, 11:46 PM
Don't used them myself butg still kinda sucky :(

Green Man
27-06-11, 12:02 AM
Were have to use there sister company Busters now then …

Nooj
27-06-11, 12:20 AM
Not if they share a warehouse.

Jon_W
27-06-11, 08:26 AM
Not good. That was M&P's headquarters. :(

silly_simon
27-06-11, 09:08 AM
Yup i think Busters use the same warehouse :(

Caz
27-06-11, 08:07 PM
What a shame I was just going to order chain and sprocket :(

Mark_Able
27-06-11, 08:41 PM
Funny how bike shops seem to burn down in a recession... :-?

BB
27-06-11, 08:52 PM
I expect there will be a sale of 'slightly fire damaged stock'... ;)

BB

Nooj
27-06-11, 10:49 PM
Lots of smoked indicator lenses and screen going cheep :P

YMFB
27-06-11, 11:14 PM
thats not good for the owners, staff and us the consumer I have used both Busters and M & P several times.

hein gericke here I come !

simongpz
28-06-11, 12:35 AM
ive used m&p alot over the years its a bit sad about the fire :'(

Nooj
28-06-11, 12:42 AM
Don't forget your independent dealers!

It may be a disaster for M&P and possibly for Busters as well, but it's an opportunity not to be missed by the rest of the nation's suppliers.

If it wasn't for the small outfits in backstreets, under railway arches and working out of garden sheds, the bike community would suffer massively. There wouldn't be anywhere near as much interesting, varied or inovative kit as there is now if things were exclusively run by the name dealers and massive parts warehouses.

Jon_W
28-06-11, 08:09 AM
Lots of smoked indicator lenses and screen going cheep :P

Groan! ::)

YMFB
28-06-11, 09:16 PM

It may be a disaster for M&P and possibly for Busters as well, but it's an opportunity not to be missed by the rest of the nation's suppliers.

If it wasn't for the small outfits in backstreets, under railway arches and working out of garden sheds, the bike community would suffer massively. There wouldn't be anywhere near as much interesting, varied or inovative kit as there is now if things were exclusively run by the name dealers and massive parts warehouses.

Whilst I agree with your point, sometimes a 'one stop' shop saves on shipping and ensures availability

Dabz
28-06-11, 09:56 PM
I seem to remember riding all the way to m&p once, lord knows why because it's not a nice ride!

BB
28-06-11, 10:00 PM
Just another supermarket, just like GW :D

BB

Nooj
29-06-11, 12:52 PM

Whilst I agree with your point, sometimes a 'one stop' shop saves on shipping and ensures availability

Indeed, same as Morrisons or Tesco is good for the day to day shopping, but so many people get into the habit of only using those places and miss out on some really nice stuff available only from the independant traders. It may cost a bit more, but quality and uniqueness don't come cheap. If you can afford it, why not treat yourself 8-)

PS. Anyone want to open a proper cheese shop in Newbury? Reckon you'd make a mint with it!

Scotty
29-06-11, 01:54 PM
Nooj, have you ever tried the cheese stall on the Saturday Market? We nearly always end up buying a few bits after trying all the samples... never fails! ::)

Nooj
29-06-11, 10:37 PM
Yes I have! They have some good stuff on there. Every time I go to Bath I like to visit the cheese mongers just off Queen Square. There's also a really good one in Tedington just up the road from the station. Also Borough Market seems to be a regular stop off whenever I'm in London.

I reckon a proper cheese monger in Newbury would make an absolute fortune!