PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers for Launch Crew in July

Talan
23-06-11, 08:30 PM
Hi there, The Bike Experience will be running three days in July: 6th, 20th and 27th. We need Launch Crew volunteers to help with all the days. Please, if you can spare the time, contact me via pm or email (tskeelspiggins@hotmail.com).

Thanks to all those who helped yesterday, you made both riders feel incredibly special on a day that one of them had been dreaming about for 29 years.

Cheers

Talan

Nooj
23-06-11, 08:54 PM
All three are in the diary :)

Squashed_Fly
23-06-11, 09:35 PM
i'm down for the 20th, have already let halina know

Moo
23-06-11, 09:55 PM
Will be up for at least one of these but will need to check out my work calendar first. I am booked for the TD on the 20th so will be happy to do it then.

Nelly
23-06-11, 10:21 PM
Talan. Love to help on the 6th if i can please.

Dabz
24-06-11, 10:48 AM
A few of us are doing the trackday on the 20th so will say hi, but won't be able to help unfortunately :(

Scotty
24-06-11, 12:46 PM
I'll look into doing the 20th if you like Talan, plenty of other WBs will be there so it'll be good to see how they get on, just hope that the knee is up to it 8-)

njl
24-06-11, 11:59 PM
6th is fine, the others are just too far ahead for me to say yes, but should be ok!!

Talan
26-06-11, 01:59 PM
Loving the volunteers. Russ and I get to the track at 7.30am and start to unload the bikes. We then have bacon butties and coffee once the bikes are out. You are welcome to join us at anytime from then to 9am, when we need all Launch Crew present to have a briefing. The riders arrive at 9.30am and then they get into leathers and we start at 10.15am. (so if there was a real problem we can still use you from 10am)

We really appreciate the volunteering as the days wouldn't run without you. The days are changing peoples lives and being part of that is truly amazing.

See you there

Talan

njl
26-06-11, 05:23 PM
You are welcome to join us at anytime from then to 9am, when we need all Launch Crew present to have a briefing.

Talan

Have I been rolling up late all this time? You should have said!!

Nooj
27-06-11, 12:19 AM
Oops, I thought we needed to get they at 9 as well.

Talan
27-06-11, 11:27 PM
You've not been late. I was merely saying that Russ and I are there earlier as some have got there early to miss traffic in and around Chippenham. Paul (rider) got there at 7.30am to have coffee, bacon butty, chill out etc. Russ and I get there early to get bikes out, set up, tire pressures, fuel in, start bikes, check bikes, coffee, bacon butty and relax! If you would like to come early you are more than welcome, but I appreciate your time and the volunteering, so I would not demand any early start from anyone (except myself and Russ!).

See you on 6th, fingers crossed for decent weather.

Nelly
06-07-11, 05:10 PM
I had a fantastic time today. Thanks to Talan for letting me be part of it. The smile in Davids eye when he rode toward me after his first lap of the car park was priceless. Terrific day. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Squashed_Fly
06-07-11, 05:30 PM
I'll second Nellys comments. Elfed had an amazing day, and I found it extremely moving & humbling.

Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part it, and I'm looking forward to coming back on the 20th.

whizz
06-07-11, 06:23 PM
Hi Talan im doin track day on 20th but will help out as much as i can between sessions or at lunchtime cu there Neil :)

Nooj
06-07-11, 09:17 PM
Will be wearing my Blue Shirt next time to help give the illusion of a professional organisation ;)

Will have a chat with my web-dude as well to try and get a better web presence for you.

The car sales place in Box has a hi-top LWB Transit for £6k.

Nelly
06-07-11, 09:22 PM
Hi Talan im doin track day on 20th but will help out as much as i can between sessions or at lunchtime cu there Neil :)

Deal :)

Roxy
07-07-11, 10:03 AM

Deal :)

Tal, I will be at the track on this day (as a spectator) also so will come over and help out when I can. Won't be until I have dropped Alf at school though. Will try to remember to bring up some freshly made cupcakes considering you missed last time! lol ;)

Roxy x