PDA

View Full Version : International biking camaraderie

wiltshire builders
07-07-11, 11:04 PM
Just got home from an epic trip across Europe with the final port of call being the Circuito Mugello for the Moto GP.
Heading across France and in the middle of nowhere I noticed a sickly pine smell and instantly knew I was in trouble. A stone had punctured my radiator and to cap it all there was a mini heatwave. I was 20 miles from the nearest town and losing coolant fast.
I nursed it to the next village that just happened to have a bike garage.

Without saying a word they stopped what they were doing, grabbed the bike and set to work. Oh I forgot to add it was 17:30. 2hrs later I was back on the road and all for 90 Euros. They even checked the bike over and replaced a few bolts and tensioned the chain.

I would've been screwed without them. So a big thanks to the crazy frenchmen at JPZ

Scotty
07-07-11, 11:28 PM
Excellent news, it's always nice when someone recognises a rider in dire straits and pulls out the stops to help 8-) 8-) 8-)

Morticia
08-07-11, 07:34 AM
Nice one!

BB
08-07-11, 07:44 AM
Bikers are bikers where ever you are [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

BB

Nelly
08-07-11, 07:46 AM
It restores faith in mankind doesn't it. Fair play to your french friends :)

Jon_W
08-07-11, 07:49 AM
Nice one!!!

Iceman
08-07-11, 09:15 AM
Great news to hear! ;)

redken1
08-07-11, 10:58 PM
Bikers - United (not as in man U ;D)we stand [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Col
11-07-11, 10:51 AM
Nice one -Entente Cordial lives ;D

Yeah it is a bit of an eye opener to get instantaneous assistance as I discovered mesen once...they can't seem to do enough for you and simply get the job done without too much communication.

I actually do like France very much although having a bike there is apparently quite expensive if you're a native I've been told.