PDA

View Full Version : If it rains can you still take your test?

Maz
08-07-11, 06:27 PM
Hi all

Just a quick question. If it rains on the day of my test will I still be allowed to take it?

Thanks all

Ryan
08-07-11, 06:57 PM
In a one word answer yes, i did mine in the rain

The test center will cancel tests if they feel the weather deems the test "unsafe" in cases of extreme snow or really really REALLY heavy rain :)

If you do it in the rain mind out for white painted lines and drain covers ;)

Maz
08-07-11, 07:26 PM
Thanks! X

Nooj
08-07-11, 07:54 PM
Fair weather biker in the making LOL!

Toph
08-07-11, 08:01 PM
When I did MOD1 it was chucking it down, just be carefull on the avoidance(swerve) test and emergency stop. the test centre tarmac apparently is designed to drain very quickly, I found grip level was very high, even in the wet.
Shouldn't be a problem Maz, apart from getting a little damp! ;D

Mark_Able
08-07-11, 08:03 PM
In fact, if it rains, and you chose not to do your test, you would forfeit your fee. Let's face it, if they didn't test in the rain, they wouldn't get any tests done... ::)

macthered
08-07-11, 08:07 PM
Did mine in a downpour, the examiner was in his car. Worked out well as he was constatnly stuck in traffic!

Cheers

Mac

Ryan
09-07-11, 12:55 AM
In fact, if it rains, and you chose not to do your test, you would forfeit your fee. Let's face it, if they didn't test in the rain, they wouldn't get any tests done... ::)

lol good comment

Demonbaker
09-07-11, 04:27 AM
My examiner also followed me round in his car. January 2001 freezing cold and light snow on the ground.

Jacde
09-07-11, 11:36 AM
I did my Mod2 in the wet, just remember to give yourself more space and think ahead.

NiteW4tcher
09-07-11, 11:53 AM
yeah give yourself more time.....and be aware that car drivers visability can be gratelly reduced....escpecially when there at junctions and there side windows are wet. obviously remember your braking distance will increase too. but try not to get tense if it is raining, just relax and remember your training ;)

Maz
09-07-11, 12:21 PM
Thanks all! Really appreciate it x

470four
09-07-11, 02:07 PM
yeah give yourself more time.....and be aware that car drivers visability can be gratelly reduced....escpecially when there at junctions and there side windows are wet. obviously remember your braking distance will increase too. but try not to get tense if it is raining, just relax and remember your training ;)

- & leave a larger bribe on the Tester's cars seat... :D

Take good waterproofs, tuck your glove collars up inside your jacket if it is torrential, will stop the rain running down your arms & your gloves filling up!

You cannot be expected to ride properly if youR gloVes and crotcH are FIlliNg Up wIth watER... :o :D

Morticia
09-07-11, 03:10 PM
Like Rinksy, I did mine in the rain. As I was super nervous already it really didn't matter..

Maz
09-07-11, 08:01 PM
Lol, I don't want to feel like I have peed myself! :o

NoYou
09-07-11, 09:22 PM
Look on the bright side... if you DO pee yourself nobody will notice :P
Gl with the test anyway :)
Geo

Jacde
10-07-11, 02:23 PM

Hahaha it wasn't so nice when I sat down on the seat and everything went squish! :-/ Mind took my mind off the test to a degree and am happy enough riding in the wet now.
When's your test chick?

Caz
11-07-11, 08:26 PM
Did my test in the wet too, think theres more likely-hood of bad weather than good in this country :D Good luck anyway :)