PDA

View Full Version : Worst/Most Pointless Motorbike Toolkit

Moo
08-07-11, 05:55 PM
I nominate the Triumph Daytona 675 because:

1. It only has 1 tool which is a reversable (flat/phillips) screwdriver and virtually every fastener on the bike is a hex screw!!
2. You need an allen key to take the pillion seat off to get to it!!

Dabz
08-07-11, 06:03 PM
Couldn't agree more. Completely useless

Ryan
08-07-11, 06:54 PM
luckily not had to look at mine yet (touches wood)

simongpz
08-07-11, 07:44 PM
could be worse when i got the gpz all that was under the seat was a cable tie i did come in handy to secure an indicator lens that fell off :)

NoYou
08-07-11, 10:31 PM
The tool kit on the rs is actualy pretty good has a couple of allen keys spark plug spanner thingy and a few other bits and bobs... well it HAD... while the toolkit was quite good it was stored under the seat... which isn't what you might call... secure, there's about 5" holes where the fairing joins up with the rear seat and whenever you go round a corner a bit energeticaly everything kind of... falls out. BUT Aprilia thought of this and came up with a fullproof solution! A RUBBER BAND! And not only that its a rubber band that doesn't actualy go back to its original size when you let it go so you stretch it over the tool kit clip it onto the flimsy plastic hook thing and then it vibrates lose in about 5 mins of riding! Keep a bottle of 2 stroke under the seat now, only thing big enough to not fall out!
Doesn't realy matter I spose I mean 2 strokes are notoriously reliable, long lasting and never ever foul plugs just for funsies ... ... ... wait... :D

Jon_W
11-07-11, 07:57 AM
I nominate the Triumph Daytona 675 because:

1. It only has 1 tool which is a reversable (flat/phillips) screwdriver and virtually every fastener on the bike is a hex screw!!
2. You need an allen key to take the pillion seat off to get to it!!

Good 'ole british engineering... you don't need tools as it with NEVER break down!!!! ;D

The Suzuki tool kit is very comprehensive. Must be these dodgy japanese machines.

Kevinb
11-07-11, 08:49 AM
Best toolkit is the orange plastic card in my wallet with RAC on it.

jonnydangerous
11-07-11, 01:56 PM
but being british it wont break down will it????.....

Davey
11-07-11, 07:08 PM
but being british it wont break down will it????.....

Course not - just like that demo day where 1 decided it wouldn't start and the other shat itself just as we went to pull off lol But no need for tool kits as a simple spanner and screwdriver weren't going to fix them!

I never keep the tool kits as they usually bend on first use or chew the nut, screwhead or hex. Upgrade or ditch and use the RAC - plus my history if it breaks down its costly and properly dead

Caz
11-07-11, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, thank god for RAC and friends ;D

Roxy
12-07-11, 07:31 PM
Tool kit??? :-?

Pit crew are much better!! ;) ;D ;D

But I have to say it was the Ars6 toolkit that had the right spanner/alan key thingmajig that jd needed on one of the ride outs so it can't be that bad! lol ;D

Roxy x

croscom
16-07-11, 12:29 PM
Agree with Triumph as the top nomination. My Bonneville came with a huge toolkit consisting of one allen key to take the seat off.

pilninggas
16-07-11, 12:46 PM
Back when i was a foolish 17 year-old, me and a mate decided to take our bikes down to Land's End. I was on an RXS100, but needed to take a few tools with me. Made up a small tool roll with some spanners and then hunted a for a location to put it for the journey. Behind the side-panel was the perfect spot, a long ABS tube, in it went........Started the journey and the bike was traumatically down on power, i'd only bunged the airbox inlet with the tool-roll - what a halfwit ::)