PDA

View Full Version : GoPro HD... anyone has one?

jpssantos
12-07-11, 09:26 AM
Morning peeps...

So, i've bought one of these new GoPro HD cameras... brilliant piece of kit... capable of 1080p full HD @30fps.. but the best of all is the 720p@60fps!!! very, very good when you edit the video for slow motion..

The camera comes with loads of different mounts, including a very strong suction mount! I could lift the bike upright just pulling on it...

but the real question here is, if anyone has a GoPro, have you used the mounting clips with the 3M double sided tape?

On my track bike I dont mind fixing the 3M clips, as its more stable than using the suction mount, but on the blade... Im not too sure..

Will I be able to get the 3M tape, and the clip, off the bike?? it seems its super adhesive industrial strength??
bit concerned that I might rip the paint off....

I can use the suction mounts in different parts of the blade, but at the back, the tail bit just after the seat cowl is too small to mount the suction mount, and mounting on the seat cowl it vibrates too much, as I found out at the weekend...

Dave_R1
12-07-11, 01:41 PM
Just googled it and I'm very jealous! Looks like an awesome bit of kit.

I'd be careful in using it on a road bike though; do anything daft and it can be seized as evidence.

Uber Dave
12-07-11, 03:53 PM
Dont have a gopro but I do have a helmet camera (contourGPS) and that has a mount which I have stuck to my helmet with 3M double sided pad which it came with. To be honest it was fine for a month but on a really hot day started to lift in the corner and so I super glued it to make sure.

Worth using a leash too on the camera just incase, I have mine leashed to the chin strap on my helmet so if the mount does give up it will at least stay attached to me. Same when I mount it to the bike!

Taylor911
13-07-11, 08:10 AM
I have a GP HD, the 3M things are a pain to get off for me, i tried to get on off my fairing and ended up having to scrub it for ages with hot soapy water.

Can you not leave it on incase you want to use it again?

jpssantos
13-07-11, 12:35 PM
yeh, i wouldnt be taking it on and off all the time..

what i meant was that on the track bike is not a problem as its not really much, but on the fireblade, if the 3M bits were almost impossible to get off, that could be a problem if I decide to sell the bike..

so you had them on your bike and you managed to get it off? and didnt leave a mark?

Uber Dave
13-07-11, 12:41 PM
The glue is the worse bit, but neat washing up liquid brings the glue off without any problem at all.

jpssantos
13-07-11, 02:11 PM
excellent stuff!

thanks for the feedback!! I'm going to be brave and stick one of the 3M bits to the fireblade for todays ride down to Loomies and Alton....

see the difference between that and the suction mount!

thanks again! :)

CBRowner
13-07-11, 08:14 PM
I've got a Muvi Atom which is the size of a £2 coin and comes with a load of bits to attach it to bikes or helmets.

The qualities great and it's small enough to put anywhere without it becoming a pain. I used mine everyday in Afghan and I got some great footage without the need to hold it :)

CharleyX
13-07-11, 11:08 PM
Just got one can't wait to go out on the bike!! :D

jpssantos
15-07-11, 11:01 PM
Good stuff Charleyx!

the suction mount is good and the image quality is unbelivable....

Numpty_Dumpty
16-07-11, 10:59 AM
You'll often see the GoPro cameras being used on the BBC. Saw one on News 24 this morning actually attached to a mountain bike. Seen them being used on Top Gear too. Wanted one for ages! Expensive...but I'm worth it!

Uber Dave
16-07-11, 11:37 AM
You'll often see the GoPro cameras being used on the BBC. Saw one on News 24 this morning actually attached to a mountain bike. Seen them being used on Top Gear too. Wanted one for ages! Expensive...but I'm worth it!

They used them on F1 when Hammilton was on a jetski last week too.

jpssantos
16-07-11, 01:35 PM
The GoPro is usually over £300 with the motorsport kit..

however! I found a guy on ebay selling it for £235 delivered, with the motorsport kit.

At first I thought was a bit dodgy as the feedback is not a lot, but he had been selling the cams for some time..

I noticed his user id was whifbitz.... which, is a garage in North London specialized in Japanese cars tuning!

So, went on their website and its 265 there, obviously they sell it cheaper on eBay as they might get away from tax or something.. I dont know! all I know is the camera is brand new in the box and its fine.

So if anyone is thinking of getting one, just look for that username on eBay :)