PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

croscom
16-07-11, 12:49 PM
Just though I share a rant with you.

Got a quote from Carole Nash for renewal for my Bonneville - £177.82p! bear in mind I am a mature biker with loads of no claims and a squeeky clean licence. I went on line - best quote I got was for £107 with the same insurers - so it's getting better. I phoned Carol Nash and told them they were having a laugh, result - my premium with them is now £100.14p for practically the same cover as last year- I have renewed for £77.68p less than their first offer.

The point is don't accept your renewal immediately, I sure these companies think we fell of a Christmas tree.

Uber Dave
16-07-11, 01:06 PM
They have no obligation to offer you their cheapest price, if even 10% of people just pay up what they ask in the letter its worth it for the company.

My Dad has been with the same company for his bikes for years even though I ran him and them bikes through a comparison site showing him its much cheaper he still has not changed as they have been good when he needed to claim in the past...... And my Dad is tighter with money than I am!

Ducatista
16-07-11, 01:17 PM
Yes, you're both right.
Expect it to go up next year though Rosie - after Dec 2012 you won't get any benefit for being female as it will be illegal to discriminate.

silly_simon
16-07-11, 06:03 PM
Yes, you're both right.
Expect it to go up next year though Rosie - after Dec 2012 you won't get any benefit for being female as it will be illegal to discriminate.

Err Lisa Its not Rosie and Kevin is not a female :P

Ryan
16-07-11, 08:27 PM
Yep i have this all the time, they chuck 100's on top of the renewal hoping you will just leave it to auto renew, i ALWAYS phone up saying ive had a cheaper quote and they better knock the extra 100's off lol, this with with my car and both bikes!

Ducatista
16-07-11, 11:05 PM
Err Lisa Its not Rosie and Kevin is not a female

whoops !!
I looked at the bike - how awful of me :-[