PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new lid?

smellygerm
15-07-11, 05:29 PM
Just found a little rattle in my lid , thought it was a loose visor but no, it's coming from inside between the outer skin and the inner lining and it becomes annoying , dose anyone know what it could be and will it effect the safety , is it time for a new lid? :(

NiteW4tcher
15-07-11, 09:12 PM
no idea what it could be....but its ur lid and its ur head..........new lid time

flick
15-07-11, 09:46 PM
Just found a little rattle in my lid , thought it was a loose visor but no, it's coming from inside between the outer skin and the inner lining and it becomes annoying , dose anyone know what it could be and will it effect the safety , is it time for a new lid? :(

does it only happen when your wearing the lid ? ;D ;D ;D

smellygerm
15-07-11, 09:47 PM

does it only happen when your wearing the lid ? ;D ;D ;D

time to clean my ears out ;D

470four
15-07-11, 11:08 PM
You need to buy a smaller helmet, lol

Get a new one... sounds like the lining has come loose??

George Whites??

Got my £300 HJC full carbon from Fowlers for £99???!

YMFB
16-07-11, 08:22 AM
NEW LID NOW !

not even worth considering the risk

t1pper
16-07-11, 08:33 AM
Have a shop around I recently brought a new lid and got the best deal on line.

However I did check out the size and made sure I was happy with the lid in the shop beforehand, then searched the best deal on line.

Job number one new lid!

Roxy
16-07-11, 08:55 AM
New bike = new lid Stace...go for it! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Roxy x

470four
16-07-11, 09:05 AM
Have a shop around I recently brought a new lid and got the best deal on line.

However I did check out the size and made sure I was happy with the lid in the shop beforehand, then searched the best deal on line.

Job number one new lid!

+1

A lot of manufacturers will have a different "head" type as their generic model to make helmets from, best try before you buy - then get online... ;)

HOT TIP: Leave the clear plastic bag on the helmet when you get it - if it rains whilst riding or you encounter a lot of flys & bugs simply remove the bag for a clean visor & lid! Clingfilm makes a good refill...

Simples. :D

Vee4 Gaz
16-07-11, 09:20 AM
Stacey, Is it a newish lid? if yes most helmets now have removable liners so see if you can remove it to have a look inside. Also if your helmet has vents all sorts of things can get inside. I would check it out first might just be a small stone??

smellygerm
16-07-11, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys n girls , am now looking at a Simpson bandit road legal [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
16-07-11, 05:35 PM
Your current lid is perfect for you tho, looks awesome :p

Nooj
17-07-11, 05:36 AM
I'm doing a special offer on lids, see the Reevu post in the website/discount forum.

This HERE (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300200729) one.

Jon_W
18-07-11, 08:16 AM
Stick with what you know.... If your current lid is still made, get another.