PDA

View Full Version : Brown trouser moment on Wed ride...

jpssantos
15-07-11, 11:04 PM
So, Wednesday... that beautiful midweek day...

Me and a few mates always try and go out for a blast, so the usual route is Newbury - Andover - Stockbridge and then take the A272 to Loomies caffee... then up to Alton station caffee and from there Basingstoke and back to Newbury..

the road from Alton to Basingstoke is a blast, and great oportunity to do some more footage with the gopro....

we were lucky though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xA4DMwMgc

t1pper
15-07-11, 11:18 PM
Bet he was not expecting that :o

We all try to be safe and second guess other road users but how do plan for this??

Defo brown trouser stuff

jpssantos
15-07-11, 11:26 PM
sorry, thought i had put the link for the video with zoom in, but that one I uploaded to facebook...

well done for spotting the deer though! I had to do another video with zoom in as some people didnt spot it!

yeh... its impossible to predict something like that, its one of those things that if you go out thinking about it.... you'll never go out.

We've been doing that road for years during the summer, this was the first brown trouser moment...lucky escape!

t1pper
15-07-11, 11:47 PM
Yeah I had to watch it twice to be sure, the brake lights give you the nod somethings up!
Very lucky escape, I have only hit a dear in a lorry big old mess, would not want to meet one on a bike ouch! :o

Ducatista
16-07-11, 12:24 AM
We all try to be safe and second guess other road users but how do plan for this??

There is really nothing you can do to avoid something like that.
You can try to limit the damage to yourself and the bike by getting proper gear and crash bungs, but ultimately it's one of the inherent dangers of riding a bike and you have to come to terms with that.

Most of the risks on the road you can have some control over but there are some that you just can't control unless you ride at 5mph or stay at home wrapped in cotton wool (and staying at home is pretty dangerous TBH).

Ryan
16-07-11, 12:59 AM
oh dear, those roads are nice though, i do that route up the a272 from andover, basingstoke, alton, loomies!

BB
16-07-11, 12:18 PM
Deer, don't you just love 'em - Not! and I speak from experience.

You can still do serious long term damage to yourself without leaving a scar even with all the gear top to toe etc etc. My only visible marks are a couple of tiny scars from pins!

But all I wanted to do was get back out there again and ride. As Ducatista said we all know the risks. 8-)

BB

Scaredy_Cat
16-07-11, 06:22 PM
Eeek! :exclamation

Jon_W
18-07-11, 07:57 AM
Deer, deer..... :D

Roxy
18-07-11, 02:28 PM
WHOOA that was seriously close! http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/pittpiledriver/Favorites/Smiley/scared.gif

Glad you are ok though, v lucky.

Roxy :)

jpssantos
18-07-11, 04:21 PM
oh dear, those roads are nice though, i do that route up the a272 from andover, basingstoke, alton, loomies!

Same here...but I start in Newbury and go meet my mates in Andover, so the route is usually:

Newbury-Andover-Stockbridge-Loomies-Alton-Basingstoke-Newbury

its a blast! :D ;D