PDA

View Full Version : Green Angels (Bike Experience)

Squashed_Fly
15-07-11, 03:13 PM
My company runs a scheme called Green Angels, where staff are allowed to take a number of paid days each year to volunteer for working with Charities. I chose to help out Talans charity, and as part of our works promotional material, a video was shot to show our customers and prospective customers what the company is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmVegMuBF9o

Have a gander if you're interested in helping out some time. I found the day quite emotonal, and am looking forward to helping out again next week :)

Nelly
15-07-11, 03:54 PM
Thats a good video Aiden. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Dabz
15-07-11, 04:04 PM
really good video, and a really good scheme that your employer runs!

BB
15-07-11, 04:16 PM
Good video & good scheme to [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

bubblylittleme
15-07-11, 04:21 PM
Excellent video :D

smellygerm
15-07-11, 05:23 PM
Did I spot a young looking nelly on the back ground ;D

Nokesy
15-07-11, 05:32 PM
Good stuff Aiden! In fact we are currently reviewing our Environmental Policy and I have now suggested we run a similar scheme so that staff can volunteer with charities running / developing environmental schemes / projects :)

Jacde
15-07-11, 05:55 PM
My employer only gives us 20 hours per year to volunteer, I've found out that I'm most probably not going to be allowed to have any if those hours as my managers manager has said if we have time off it'll look like we don't need as many staff so he's refused the time off [smiley=angry.gif] needless to say he hasn't given any sponsorship towards all the charity work I've done this last year.

Nokesy
15-07-11, 06:02 PM
My employer only gives us 20 hours per year to volunteer, I've found out that I'm most probably not going to be allowed to have any if those hours as my managers manager has said if we have time off it'll look like we don't need as many staff so he's refused the time off [smiley=angry.gif] needless to say he hasn't given any sponsorship towards all the charity work I've done this last year.

I'm expecting the same kind of response!! It's why I always insist on getting part-time agency cover whilst recruiting for new managers - otherwise they will say 'well, you've managed this long, you don't really need them!' despite the fact we are all run into the ground during the process!!!

Scaredy_Cat
15-07-11, 06:51 PM
Cracking video Aiden, and what a great scheme [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
15-07-11, 08:05 PM
My company does presentations to other companies about the scheme, and it's benefits etc and does customisable 'green angels' package for other companies to roll out.

If you'd like me to arrange to come and have a chat with anyone to speak to them about how we do it, and how it benefits us in the long run etc, be happy to arrange it.

Jon_W
18-07-11, 08:30 AM
Great video SF!!! 8-) What a great expierence.

Nelly
18-07-11, 03:35 PM
"Did I spot a young looking nelly on the back ground"

Young? ooh I love you stacy x

Nooj
18-07-11, 11:09 PM
Good vid. Not enough of me in it though :)

Have stuck it on my Farcebook wall, will mention the Green Angel scheme as well.