PDA

View Full Version : comedy kwak club this month

simongpz
17-07-11, 12:42 AM
its been an interesting month for me and sues kawasakis first we had sues gear lever fall off on the hambroke lights on the way to on the way to newbury fixed it back on at the side of the road then the next day the zx4 would not start flout in carb stuck which flouded engine
then ordered rear tyre for the gpz and it got deliverd to essex instead of bristol about a month later tyre arived in bristol tyre was fitted on bike and puncture on same tyre
then mot time gpz failed on warped rear brake drum so drum has to be skimmed so back wheel off again and suspension bush wornso needs replaceing so went to sally on thusday and ignition coil packed up on way home
its been an interesting month for the 2 kawasakis but been fun aswell wont let the minor brake downs get in the way of the fun rides we have had
my big job lot of kawasaki parts i got is comeing in very usefull :)

Jon_W
18-07-11, 07:58 AM
;D Bikes, don't you just love'em,

simongpz
18-07-11, 04:03 PM
it makes for a more interesting ride when you have to keep stopping to pick up parts that have fallen off ;D

simongpz
18-07-11, 10:56 PM
well so far sues bike still running ok
my gpz is still sat outside with just one wheel dropped the rear wheel off to have the drum skimmed this morning and picking it up tomorrow
old bloke who runs the place has done lots of kawasaki drums in the past and confirmed what mot tester told me its a manufactureing defect and will only cost £38 to fix which i think is a good price
ignition coil replaced from my gpz parts collection exhaust coming off tomorrow to change rear suspention bush as cant get one of the bolts out with exhaust in place badly designed after market exhaust
so as the bike is being striped down this much going to give it a much needed clean up :)

Jon_W
19-07-11, 07:36 AM
it makes for a more interesting ride when you have to keep stopping to pick up parts that have fallen off ;D

I prefer to see it as every ride is an adventure into the unknown.... ;D

simongpz
19-07-11, 04:45 PM
got my wheel back from engineering company today and he charged me 3 pound less then he quoted
he did say it was in very bad condition when i dropped it off but now its like new
and the new exhaust gaskets turned up today aswell and i only ordered them yesterday
next job rear suspension and change the damage chain adjuster :)

wiggy
20-07-11, 10:25 PM
Mine was blowing from the head when i got it the old bloke didnt put any gaskits in the head just used the collets , muppet ,cheaper from roy vincents in warminster , get a pair for 2 quid in there . :)

simongpz
21-07-11, 12:13 AM
back wheel back on again that wheel spends more time at the bottom of the stairs then it dose on the bike
bike almost ready for the road again just need rear suspension bush sorting and bolt replaceing on engine bars which fell out somewhere on the way to lyme regis the other week and bike ready to go back in for mot :)