PDA

View Full Version : Out on a run with you all .

wiggy
21-07-11, 09:04 PM
Hiya every one , id like to join in on a run sometime , but im abit worried my old gpz wont keep up ,i tend not to push it to hard as its quite old and rattly , i tend no to go much over 70mph for any lenght of time i know it will do 120 on the clock prolly 100 ish true speed but gets a weave on at those speeds so i tend not to go above 85 even on an over take ,someone said it because my bellypan is missing ? ,not sure . I use it for work so prefer not to rag the life out of it ,or im stuck for work. :) as i expect some or most of you blat on for abit then slow up for old cronks like mine lol .I will save up later on for a nicer bike for weekends fazer or something , but i just dont earn enough at the moment .anyway enough of my winging ,this is a superb forum and im so looking fowerd to meeting some or all of you soon . ;)

Hazel-nut
21-07-11, 09:12 PM
im on a 125 and dont have any trouble keeping up so you neednt worry!
we use the marker system in that we have a leader and back marker and as you get to a junction/roundabout the 2nd person stops and points everyone in the right direction and stays there until the back marker gets to them so you will only get lost if you cant follow people :P this system lets those with the faster bikes mark a junction and the overtake and get to the front so they can mark again so you may not have to mark a junction during a ride! hope that makes sense and hope to see you on a ride soon :)

smellygerm
21-07-11, 09:14 PM
Don't worry to much mate ,the marker system Wiltshire bikers use means if you want to play bit you can but if you want to take it easy you can also, you'll get to know the faster groups , an official ride out is very much law abiding ::) we also involve lots of 125ers so it's not all knee down and sparks ,come along and find out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
21-07-11, 09:17 PM
we use the marker system in that we have a leader and back marker and as you get to a junction/roundabout the 2nd person stops and points everyone in the right direction and stays there until the back marker gets to them so you will only get lost if you cant follow people :P this system lets those with the faster bikes mark a junction and the overtake and get to the front so they can mark again so you may not have to mark a junction during a ride! hope that makes sense and hope to see you on a ride soon :)

Just because you can type faster than me doesnt mean you can push your post in front of mine miss :P

wiggy
21-07-11, 09:23 PM
Top job many thanks for the info feel abit better now lol ;D sounds a great system to me .

Hazel-nut
21-07-11, 09:55 PM

Just because you can type faster than me doesnt mean you can push your post in front of mine miss :P

im just better than you :P

Viking
21-07-11, 11:13 PM
Wiggy, come along and ride your own ride, there is such a mix of bikes that it does not matter what you have its always fun.
Look forward to seeing you
Nick :)

Jon_W
22-07-11, 08:09 AM
It 'aint a race dude. Just ride your own pace and enjoy. :)

Nooj
22-07-11, 10:45 AM
There's always a good mix of loonies and grannies, but everyone looks out for everyone else and no one gets left behind, as good ride-outs should be.

Your high speed weave is most likely to be a knackered rear shock or some other suspension part BTW, nothing to do with bodywork. Greenman on here will be able to do something with it I expect.

wiggy
22-07-11, 10:29 PM
Thats good to hear theres slow bugger like me to and no one gets left behind lol .As for the weave hope its just old and not worn ,i dont ride it fast enough to worry anyway the shocks are all very soggy and get upset alot on the crap roads if a push it to hard , it get,s all a tither .I have asked for more hour,s at work ,so ill start saveing for something better . :)